It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the "Pickup" thread.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Precisely, the bit about RJ trying to sell a video of him going in and running NLP scripts on strippers was classic

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I notice there is a lot of men who don't like the "game."

Idk if they are just naive to the fact that women play games all the time.

If only being sincere and honest worked, I wouldn't be on the path I am right now.

I always used to be "nice," sincere and honest and I was having the worst time with women.

Then women would always throw all these little tests my way and I wouldn't recognize them and they would immediately lose interest if I didn't pass their little "tests".

Don't get me wrong I still am all those things, but only AFTER I get past their barriers.

A lot of this dating "game" is the result of evolutionary factors. I suggest all of you read " The Red Queen: Sex and the Evolution of Human Nature" by Matt Ridley. It will open your eyes to why and how we choose the mates we do.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

I never saw that one haha.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I notice there is a lot of men who don't like the "game."

Idk if they are just naive to the fact that women play games all the time.

"Cute guy at 3 o'clock! Commence incessantly-loud attention-drawing banter, hair-flipping, cleavage-dropping and arse-lifting now!"

If only being sincere and honest worked, I wouldn't be on the path I am right now.

I always used to be "nice," sincere and honest and I was having the worst time with women.

Then women would always throw all these little tests my way and I wouldn't recognize them and they would immediately lose interest if I didn't pass their little "tests".

Right, the "nice" guys fail because when the girls start signalling and prompting them to make a physical approach, they're too ashamed of their desires to go for it.

It has nothing to do with honesty and sincerity - women LIKE those traits!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Sorry Dr.... love your posts but I must disagree..

I believe that existence is not accidental and that there is someone for everyone.

Antar posted this and I would strongly urge guys having problems getting girls to not heed this advice.

Sheer numbers alone can add creedence to the above quote. However, thinking some devine being is going to find a match for you is completely unfounded. Nothing finds attractive women better than good reasoning and effort.

Go to a place where you can find the type of person you are looking for,

This is good advice! No disagreements here

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Double post lol

[edit on 26-4-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr

"Cute guy at 3 o'clock! Commence incessantly-loud attention-drawing banter, hair-flipping, cleavage-dropping and arse-lifting now!"

LMAO exactly!

The way I see it, we men have these seduction tactics, and women have push-up bras, make up, etc etc.

You see, we all do our own little things to attract the opposite sex. Be it push up bras, breast implants or whatever, EVERYONE is doing it. Am I right or am I right?

It's all a game.

This begs the question: Is what we do really any more disingenuous or misleading than what women do? I think not.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hey, don't let me rain on y'alls parade. I was once you and I know the mindset. In time you'll see, and when all the dust settles hopefully you won't be bitter towards life.

Game on!

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
Sorry Dr.... love your posts but I must disagree..

I believe that existence is not accidental and that there is someone for everyone.

Antar posted this and I would strongly urge guys having problems getting girls to not heed this advice.

That's not advice, that's her belief. Read Antar's post history and you'll see the spiritual pattern, and that spiritual pattern doesn't preclude her from giving "pickup" advice or knowing what she's talking about.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Also, I was confused by the fact that your method seems to only involve an intro? It was like intro > ask girl fluff talk question> girl blah blah> go for digits.. If this is all you're doing then I'd suggest something much easier...

I forgot to elaborate on that. After the opener, continue to talk for a bit and then you can go into rapport building. That means asking like what she does for work, or stuff like. Don't forget to throw some teasing in there.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

bang as many hot girls as you possibly can, and who cares if you're hurting people, who cares if it destroys the relationship she already has with her bf or husband, who cares if hearts are being broken and lives ruined......... gotta get those notches in the bedpost, alpha man!

Yes well they say all is fair in love and war. Let's remember that women have a natural advantage over guys. They generate attraction (in your brain) based on looks alone. It's up to YOU (the guy) to refrain from your instincts and be faithful to your gf or wife. So women in relationships should also be held accountable! If some smooth talker runs a pattern on her, it's up to her to control her emotions and remain faithful to the relationship.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Hehehe, see, women are much more aware of what's going on than we give them credit for

Exactly! She knows it's an act and she plays along. 80% of women have secretly always wanted to be an actress.. Every guy knows it lol

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Like I said before, this is to help guys who have real social and romantic issues.

I mean a lot of these guys are people who are horrible, just horrible in social situations.

Very true. I was always better in small groups so picking up girls at the nightclub was never my thing. Learning some pickup skills definitely helped me meet more girls than just through friends or at the bar.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Read Antar's post history and you'll see the spiritual pattern, and that spiritual pattern doesn't preclude her from giving "pickup" advice or knowing what she's talking about.

Fair enough.

Antar a mod told me to stalk you.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by Scramjet76]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Yes well they say all is fair in love and war. Let's remember that women have a natural advantage over guys. They generate attraction (in your brain) based on looks alone.

I don't think this is limited to women at all. Women are often instantly attracted to men based on looks too. Tall, lean, muscular men have a distinct advantage over short, fat, scrawny etc.

There's some truth to the whole "love at first sight" thing. It works both ways.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Ok there is some truth to that.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that people should be responsible for themselves though. Women who ruin their relationships by falling for a "pickup artist" don't get a lot of sympathy from me. Likewise, men who ruin their relationships by falling for a flirt have no one to blame but themselves.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join