It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the "Pickup" thread.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
reply to post by Givenmay

Hypnosis, eh? If this works for men, it should work for women. Although the article is way too long for my patience, all I know is that vodka works!

:w:

lol...yea, kinda long!
I am surprised that I read all of it!
I dont agree with the hypnosis part, about practically meditatiing in a bar!
That would seem too odd, most of it seems plausible!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I used to just approach a girl and start talking, tease em a little but in a playful way, show them you are interested but not too interested
. Most importantly be sincere....girls have great BS detectors and have heard it all. Remember, she has already been approached by 20 guys before you that day...and that was while she was out running errands. Confindence is truly the key. I have picked up girls without saying a word...example..
I was in a bar sitting across from girl, we made eyes for about 10 minutes and finally I just waved her over. That's right gave her the wave and pointed to my chair. Over she came and that was that. I think she was so shocked at my suggestion that she was already up and walking before her mind could tell her no

Keep in mind though that it also depends on what you are looking for....If you are just looking for a one night stand then I suggest you go the way of guys like Mystery..but without the dorky clothing, like the oversized goggles and the Pam Anderson Fluffy Top hat. I assure you dressing like that is not cool!!!! Do not attempt it!! Focus on the Self Confidence because that is totally where its at! I have seen SO MANY times where a very unacttractive man has picked up SEVERAl woman at once by displaying an insane amount of Self Confidence and wit! You are as acttractive as you believe you are.

On the flip side of the coin there have been times where I have tried to wave a girl over and she doesn't......often
It happens, for whatever reason. Laugh it off and move on.

I would recomend honesty and sincerity over "Pick up" angles. Be yourself and believe you are dope. Everyone else will follow

Oh and for what it is worth..throughout my experiences, one night stands get old fast. Finding someone interesting and cool that you really connect with is like finding a diamond on the beach, it's rare but it does happen.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yeah, one night stands are rare and old. I suppose this pickup thread is a good lesson for the inexperienced as well as for us seasoned folks in the dating arena and not necessarily a discussion based on gender. So besides yea old vodka, maybe I’ll try that simple smile, come over hither look and waving over here deal too.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Confindence is truly the key.

Out of all that is said and done in this thread I have to agree very much with this short statement.
Confindence is the tell all of who you are as a person!

Ive been down this road.. Ive played the nice guy.. The bad guy, and the lonely guy. But above all, every person can sense confindence! male or female.

A little bit can go a long ways!

Like lets say, you are asked where we going to eat tonight?

Dont say well its up to you, I dont know. Women tend to like men who can stand up and take charge. Tell em, where you are going and whats going on.. Get it together and get it planned out!

Oh.. And going to see a movie on the first date is a bad idea..
Go out to a park, the beach, or someplace you can just spend some time to get to know eachother..
Go to the movies when you run out of things to talk about!

[edit on 22-4-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by adamiskthespacepirateking
as a general rule i'd say just be confidant be yourself and for god's sake don't sit and bug her the whole time, just let her be herself, be yourself and chill things will go your way if she likes you if not just deal eh?

-the king

P.S. btw bad idea to randomly grope a girl at a club,:shk: worst punch in the face ive gotten i swear she had to have been a boxer or something!

i beg to differ...

one night i was at a club and this girl was dancing on the bar...she asked me to help her down and when i did i reached up under that dress....and you already know what time it was after that....

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I´d rather be picked up than pick up a girl.

My rule is to ignore her, if a girl looks good chances are that she already knows how she looks, no need to do boost up her ego.

If somehow she lets me know that she likes me then I might approach her, but never in a flirtatious attitude, I let them know that I´m really not that interested (even if I´m dying to know her), it´s all a game.

That being said, I tend to try to listen first, women like to talk and you have to read through the lines, they give you hints, changes in their voice tone, gestures, etc. When you "read" a girl then everything becomes easier.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The only one that worked on me(that i realized was a pick up line) was this:

He asked me if he could show me a joke, Sure,. He took out a pen and drew a line and a dot, he said heres the rabbit(dot) and heres the log(line). How does the rabbit get over the log. How? and he says"I dunno i just wanted to hold your hand"

Corny, but it works

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 23Eulogy23

Wow, that is a good one. I would have used that one back in the day

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
Where do you live, Givenmay?

Somewhere close by, I hope!

...hehe, I dunno, you have to find that out for yoursef!

I'm closing my curtains now, getting a lil paranoid!

How rude!

No love for you, hun!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by adamiskthespacepirateking
P.S. btw bad idea to randomly grope a girl at a club,:shk: worst punch in the face ive gotten i swear she had to have been a boxer or something!

LOL!

I have never once been slapped or punched.

I didn't mean to make it sound like you should just go around randomly groping girls' T&A. Rather, there is a sort of negotiation process, with body language and non-verbal cues etc. You should only ever touch a girl when she's giving you the "come hither" signals.

If you make a mistake and try to dance with a girl who isn't interested, I find they usually just walk away from you.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Where do you live, Givenmay?

Somewhere close by, I hope!

...hehe, I dunno, you have to find that out for yoursef!

I'm closing my curtains now, getting a lil paranoid!

How rude!

No love for you, hun!

How was that rude? I was kidding with you!

It's okay, you meant lust, right?

The bottom sentence was referred to Azador, I forgot to mention that but, I am sure he knew!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

It's okay, you meant lust, right?

No, I love all women - or at least the ones that behave, anyway

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

Behave, I am not familiar with the word behave.

...maybe someone could show me how to!

:X~Courtney

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

Your training will begin at the hotel.

Bring a few friends!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   

..."Oh, my"
umm, wow...

How do you know my friends and I would'nt be training you?
You might need some friends also...to help with the taming!

*Back on topic*
Yea, self-confidence, is a must, it was also in the link I posted!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

How do you know my friends and I would'nt be training you?
You might need some friends also...to help with the taming!

You're bluffing!

I'm totally calling your bluff!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
i'd also like to point out that there ARE females out there that don't require any type of game to be spit at them. what i'm saying is i've ran into several broads where the only line was.."let me expletive"

it takes a trained eye to be able to peep out those kinds of broads though. so only say that unless you're 100% sure that she's that kinda chick...and again THEY ARE out there.

oh yeah...strap up. twice if ya feel ya need to..ha ha

[edit on 22-4-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordInfamous
i'd also like to point out that there ARE females out there that don't require any type of game to be spit at them. what i'm saying is i've ran into several broads where the only line was.."let me expletive"

it takes a trained eye to be able to peep out those kinds of broads though. so only say that unless you're 100% sure that she's that kinda chick...and again THEY ARE out there.

oh yeah...strap up. twice if ya feel ya need to..ha ha

[edit on 22-4-2008 by LordInfamous]

I was gonna say something like that. When the girl is already attracted to you, you can pretty much skip all the seduction "steps." Using them on a girl who is already attracted to you would mean backtracking, which you don't wanna do.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I had no idea we were playing poker...hehe!
I have the dominant hand here, it beats yours!
I raise, you call!

"I'm all in"

...now what?

[edit on 4/22/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar, I could not have worded that better. that was fabulous.
I wonder if the "boys" can match that?

WIS

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join