It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton on Iran Attack: 'Obliterate Them'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Clinton on Iran Attack: 'Obliterate Them'

abcnews.go.com

Clinton further displayed tough talk in an interview airing on Good Morning America Tuesday, ABC News' Chris Cuomo asked Clinton what she would do if Iran attacked Israel with nuclear weapons.

"I want the Iranians to know that if I'm the president we will attack Iran," Clinton said. "In the next ten years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
What?

I know this is true and really if a nuclear attack were to be launched against Israel, about the only logical response for any rational nuclear power would be to instantly respond in kind as a strong message to those states who are less responsible of what the consequences of such an action will be.

What has surprised me is that the once-hawkish, now-dovish Clinton would be so direct in her response to this question during a campaign.

There are a lot of people in her voter base who are, at least in principle, unequivocally anti-war and such war talk is not going to particularly appeal to them because of the supposed "neo-con" implications.

One has to wonder if at this juncture in the campaign, if Clinton is becoming so desperate that now she is trying to appeal to extremists on both sides of the aisle, so to speak.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2008/4/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I don't see how anyone could disagree with her statements. If Iran attacks Israel, the United States, as an ally, should attack Iran. No question about it.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
- Valerie Plame, United States CIA Operations Officer, employed for 20 years in the task of counter-proliferation was fired by the Bush administration in December 2005.

- August, 2007: Six nuclear warheads were loaded and "lost" aboard an aircraft traveling from North Dakota.

- The U.S. military mistakenly shipped four fuses for nuclear missiles to Taiwan in 2006 and never caught the error, the Pentagon said on Tuesday, acknowledging an incident likely to rile China.

- Jan 5, 2008: According to FBI whistleblower Sibel Edmonds there is a vast black market for nukes, and certain U.S. officials have been supplying sensitive nuclear technology information to Turkish, Pakistani and Israeli interests through its conduits. It’s a scathing allegation which was first published by the London Times two weeks ago, and Edmonds’ charge seems to be on the verge of vindication.

And now we're being told that a nuclear attack on the US or Israel is practically imminent.

I might wonder when people whose jobs are to count and look after nuclear stockpiles get fired, then nukes, nuke parts, and secretss start getting lost, if someone out there isn't trying to cut one loose somewhere so it "falls into the wrong hands".

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hillary has always been Hawkish. I dont find anything wrong with what she's saying though. I think she's scared of losing the pro Israel Jewish vote to McCain, heck Joe Lieberman may be at the Republican Convention for McCain's official nomination. Obama has no chance of getting the pro Israel Jewish vote so its going to be between McCain and Hillary for their votes.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Screw Israel. Honestly.

They are like the bully in school with the big brother who beats up anyone who actually stands up to the bully. I think if other countries in the middle east aren't allowed nuclear weapons, then Israel should not have them either. Israel thinks of themselves as "Gods chosen people", and I believe I read some quotes earlier regarding the view Israelis' have towards other races, it was quote a read. They are constantly spouting the exact same hate any other terrorist nation spews forth about them.

I say let them fend for themselves. If they want to start a war, let THEM finish it. There is no way in hell I want to watch OUR country suffer and possibly end up in a depression, more in debt, and hated around the world all because of our obligations to a closet terrorist nation. So, again I say..

Israel needs to learn to take care of themselves and stop relying on the United States. We are barely taking care of our own country, so screw them, we have more important things to worry about.

On a side note though, they do have some sexy ladies in their military.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
She sounds very cold blooded no?

Kinda reminds me of someone, or something...

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

Israel has those weapons for a number of reasons. They were attacked by in 1973 by what would equal NATO Europe in the size of forces from Egypt, Syria, and other Arab nations. The Arab Alliance came pretty close at first to possibly attaining victory.

After the war, Israel created what would be called the Samson Option. If Israel failed to stop an invasion by another Arab Alliance, Israel would do as Samson had done in the Bible. Destroy himself and take everyone with him.

Israel had been attacked numerous times in its history and felt that eventually it would happen again. The other problem is in regards to a Patron. 1967 and prior France was Israel's patron. During that time the US had actually drawn up plans to invade Israel. The Six day War in 1967 changed that plan and when Nixon took office the US became Israel's new patron.

Israel is weary about Patrons, this is another reason for the nuclear weapons. In the late 1990s when the Kosovo crisis occurred, the Israeli PM went to Moscow and came very close to making Russia and China their new patrons. Both Russia and China publicly defended Israeli policies during the Kosovo crisis. The nuclear weapons are an insurance policy, not only against places like Iran, but against the United States, Europe (NATO) should they decide to make Israel into the next Serbia.

Anyone who thinks Israel has forced us to have the policies we have is not being objective. Israel didn't force us invade Indian lands and ethnically cleanse them from the southeast. Israel didn't force us to invade and conquer Northern Mexico. Israel didn't force us to invade Cuba and the Phillippines. Israel didn't force us to build military bases around the world after WW2 or set up the Bretton Woods System. Israel hasn't forced us to do anything. Though on the other hand we have forced them to do many many things. The United States does what is best for the United States. Israel knows this and thats why they won't be giving up their nuclear weapons anytime soon.

Especially if Barack Obama is elected President.

[edit on 21/4/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

Gee what a little rant there. Now what this has to do with the topic at hand I have no idea. No one brought up if anyone has nukes, the topic is simple. If Iran attacks Israel with nukes, the US, if Hilary were POTUS, will reduce Iran to a lower level of tech then what Israel would be. This is a message that worked during the Cold War, if you nuke us or an ally, we will visit the same upon you.

Stick to the topic at hand, and try to keep your hate of Israel to the many other threads around here.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yes. Of course. More bloodthirsty extended war scenarios is exactly what the us of a needs right now. I also say screw Israel. It's nothing to me. Except weird 911 events and NY gem swithchers.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
That whole article should be copied and never forgot about because there will come a day when no one will remember she said that and she will deny it.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Although the youtube video title is slightly misleading, I'd thought I'd add the clip of her actually saying it to this thread.... old and dead as it may be.

May be more pertinent now.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Hilary Clinton is a disgrace to humanity. Those words are the words of a thug, not a politician with her citizens lives at heart.

Does she really think that if the US "obliterated" Iran that the fall-out etc and revenue, trade etc wouldn't affect countless other countries...would Russia and China sit back?

Does this pattern of thinking by your prospective President encourage you to vote for her? I know it wouldn't tickle my fancy!!!

Israel is the "sob-story" of the world and the sooner they are forgotten about and left to their own ways the better...God's chosen people my ass! My god doesn't have favorites...my god doesn't kill...my god doesn't hurt...
edit on 19/10/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

I know mate, It's crazy... as I said, I only posted it because I searched the topic as I was watching the video earlier.
It's old news now.

I kind of think at least she has the guts to say what she/America would do... not many others would do that, even though they would all be thinking the same way, not many politicians would just outright say that they would obliterate another nation if they attacked a nation.

Crazy stuff indeed.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm on board with that.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Let's be honest to each other. First, UNDERSTAND what was ask.

Mama Clinton was asked 'what she would do if Iran attacked Israel with nuclear weapons'.

The answer is a no-brainer. Even a layman would give you that direct ANSWER.

If the anyone of the divided Iranian leadership is hell bent on launching it nuke arsenel, if it had any, or already have or are producing some, it is either THEM or mankind will be obliterated next.

Millions of of our fellow human innocent men, women and children in Israel murdered in an instant, and the rest of humanity is to sit back, smoke a cigar, have some tea and merely talk about it insted of action and retailiation? You must be outta yer mind.

When nukes are launch agains Israel or any state by rouge nations, the civilians best get to the hill and far away from military and political centres as quickly as possible to avoid the fallout. The target were the beasts whom ordered or pushed the button.

Better yet, citizens best make sure their elected leaders are aware of their responsibilities, if they wish to aquire nukes, and not talk like the Iranian leadership - brutally, threateningly, fast and loose that sets humanity on high defcon levels each time he opens his foul mouth.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
So? We can destroy Iran if we want too. Whose gonna get in our way? China? Lmao!!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
That whole article should be copied and never forgot about because there will come a day when no one will remember she said that and she will deny it.

Give this guy a medal for his 2008 post

We still control the past it seems, not the powers that be (if we want to get Orwellian anyways).

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingsMantis
So? We can destroy Iran if we want too. Whose gonna get in our way? China? Lmao!!

Russia.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

*crickets*

top topics

<<   2 >>

join