It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jason Beghe Interview (full video) first celebrity to leave Scientology and publicly discuss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
xenutv.wordpress.com...

This is the video that got countless youtube accounts pulled offline, and is being suppressed quickly.

In fact, i was shocked to only see 2 results on ATS using the name "Jason Beghe" as the query.

He is the first celebrity to leave Scientology and publicly discuss his involvement and then disillusionment with the group. He made it to OT V on Scientology’s “Bridge to Total Freedom” and discovered the best way to get free was to get up and walk out the door.

I think you’ll greatly enjoy this interview. That is, unless your name is David Miscavige.

7 parts, enjoy. I will post some comments after I'm finished watching it.

and p.s. you are not going crazy, the audio IS only coming out of the right channel. the interviewer "Wise Beard Man" comes out of the left channel.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by scientist]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
excellent interview on so many levels. Thanks for posting.

Will comment more later.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
xenutv.wordpress.com...

This is the video that got countless youtube accounts pulled offline, and is being suppressed quickly.

thanks for posting! I had seen the teaser for this and waited.. and suddenly Mark Bunker's account was suspended before he could air it. Mark has given a response to the suspension here [c/o someone else hosting it]:

www.youtube.com...

Coinicentally I kept noticing a paid add ["scientology get the facts video channel"] displayed next to the video index and it looks like a link to a youtube channel yet when you click on it it goes straight to the scientology website. Blatent propoganda.. no doubt they're paying a fortune for that add space.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by riley]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Its interesting how he uses scientology-reasoning and lingo to expose scientology for what it is. Now THATS fascinating.
Im off to watch part 4.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing this up
I have nothing against the Church of Scientology, but I find the gossip they inspire and controversy that surrounds them, mostly of their own manufacture, to be rather entertaining. Now about Jason Beghe I have never known and had to look him up on Wikipedia:

Beghe starred in the 1988 George Romero film Monkey Shines: An Experiment In Fear, and his portrayal of a quadriplegic in the film was positively received. He appeared as a police officer in the film Thelma & Louise, and played Demi Moore's love interest in G.I. Jane. Beghe starred opposite Moira Kelly in the television series To Have & to Hold, and has had recurring roles on Picket Fences, Melrose Place, and Chicago Hope. He has also appeared on Numb3rs, CSI: NY, Everwood, Criminal Minds, Veronica Mars, and Cane. [color=786cd2]Jason Beghe -- Wikipedia

And [color=786cd2]IMDb

According to the "STAR meter" on IMDb, his popularity had increased by [color=50f15c]28,666%. I wonder if it has anything to do with this?
I can see the Church of Scientology making his life difficult in the future, that is, if that have not already started.

When asked in an interview in The Village Voice if he thought his public criticism of Scientology would hurt his acting career, Beghe joked "I’m probably not going to be doing any movies for United Artists any time soon." United Artists is controlled by Scientologist Tom Cruise and his business associate Paula Wagner. [color=786cd2]Jason Beghe -- Wikipedia

I wonder what dark secrets and skeletons the Cult of Scientology may conjure from the closet of Mr. Beghe.

Related: [color=786cd2]Tom Cruise, John Travolta: Homo-Novis

[edit on 21-4-2008 by Alexi Humi]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The problem I have with Scientology and he media is once there is a story out there everyone and his uncle has an uneducated opinion. Unless you are a Scientologist yourself you have nothing to draw upon except second and third-hand information.

I can tell you without a doubt this actor comes across and very believable and I have experienced and witnessed alot of what he talks about.

THe organization is profit motivated. It's kinda like a pyramid scheme and sales are a big part.

He doesn't give the organization enough credit for some really good courses anyone can take for relatively little $$$.

THank goodness I got out before I blew too much money but I still use some of the tools I learned there.

THey prey upon the weak willed and if you are gullible or "searching" watch out.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Just finished watching the interview. Very interesting, thanks for posting that. I've read plenty about them and seen a fair amount of documentaries etc, but this gave a perspective I've never seen before.

I guess I was expecting to see someone who was very bitter and hateful, but he was actually quite restrained, definitely he was more than fair in his assesment. I can imagine that many scientologists might see that he is speaking truth if they were to actually watch this with an open mind.

I wonder what kind of a stir this is making among the members?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Not much, truth be told--remember, the entire anti-CoS movement is actually a bunch of German psychiatrist sleeper agents. From outer space. And you know, you just can't trust those Germans.
EDIT: I just remembered where I am, so I'd like to point out that the above post is a joke. I do not believe that Jason Beghe, Mark Bunker, myself, or any other member of this movement is an extraterrestrial.
Also, hail Xenu.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by Makoto]

[edit on 21-4-2008 by Makoto]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
An interesting re-occuring theme among ex-scientologists is: "The lower levels are really cool and give you gains, but the further up it goes the more foul and cultish it gets".

Ive been looking at this subject for a long time (without ever joining the cult though) and it seems like Hubbard hit on a few small truths and workable techniques but then had to build this oppressive money-making-scheme out of only a handful of jewels that could easily be taught within a few hours rather than getting someone stuck for decades and having to pay a fortune.

So you get people addicted with a few workable tools and the rest is just trash to keep the money flowing.

As in most cult cases, the original founder is an interesting guy and most of his followers...are not.

Jason Beghe seems like a really nice, awake and aware guy. He also points out how most scientologists are brainwashed idiots who have turned mere SUGGESTIONS into strict rules one must abide by.

Dont we know this from all religions that turn foul because suggestions and ideas are turned into dogma?

In one of the interviews Beghe mentiones an exercise which includes "Acknowledge the person properly". Fair enough. But the robototic-cultists take this to mean one has to do that in a certain stiff and lifeless way and only years later does the big boss "discover" that it neednt be done that way.

Breaking loose from a cult one has invested time, money, belief in can cause a huge sense of loss and disorientation...which is why Jasons strength here is really admirable.

Excellent vid, scientist!

EDIT-to-add: How do you recognize a cultist? If he has to consult someone elses books before he makes a decision or says something.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Skyfloating]

(post by JollyAll removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JollyAll

oh look at all the hubbie threads that were dead and a hubbie apologist posted on them trying to defend the whacko cult.

top topics

join