It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The joke's on you, Hillary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

The joke's on you, Hillary

stuff.co.nz

In what the Labour Party would hope is more ignorance than prophecy, Mrs Clinton described Helen Clark as "former prime minister of New Zealand".

The gaffe came in a chummy interview with American magazine Newsweek, when journalist Karen Breslau asked Mrs Clinton for a joke: "Here's a good one. Helen Clark, former prime minister of New Zealand: her opponents have observed that in the event of a nuclear war, the two things that will emerge from the rubble are the cockroaches and Helen Clark. [Laughs]"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I reckon that Hillary has somehow mixed up Jenny Shipley with Helen Clark even thou the joke better applies to Clark given that Shipley lead the National Party to defeat in 1999 and left parliament a few years later .

The joke by itself isnt bad at all but the real killer in all of this is that Clark spoke with Bill in London a couple of weeks ago.

stuff.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I think we can forgive Clinton this kind of slip of the tongue.

Even a skilled liar will from time to time make an honest mistake relative to the facts.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Well in this case even thou Bill and Helen talked just recently the stress of the campaign trail would have been a factor if not the sole reason for the joke . Hillary mistake wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't coupled with her claim about being named after a national hero .

US - New Zealand relations have warmed in the few years due to the focus being put on shared common goals rather then differences in policy . This is something for I want to continue . Hmm McCain is defiantly growing on me .

top topics

join