It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think past civilisations had the internet.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Do you guys reckon, that past civilisations(that were before our current known civilisations) like maybe atlantis or what ever had an internet like ours, but mankind was destroyed, and we have no evidence for it.
Do you reckon there were people like us, voicing our concerns, and conspiracy theories, with others on a version of the internet we have.
Like people theorise that past civilisations before us, like possibly atlantis, were very advanced.

Do you think this is a possibility?

[edit on 4/21/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Somewhere in the Bible it says that there is nothing new under the sun . . .

I dunno. It would be weird, though

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Hi andy1033,

I think there's a strong possibility that they had something similar. I believe these are mentioned in various ancient texts ... described as 'talking stones' and the 'sapphire stone'. These are always reported to hold the information of 'all that ever has / is /will happen ... so I suppose you could liken this to a kind of internet.

Woody

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This isn't a complete thought yet, but I wanted to post the idea for discussion . . . When I thought of ancient cultures accessing an internet of sorts, I thought of the Akashic Records. Maybe some ancient cultures found a way to access the Akashic Records?

I have no idea where I'm going with this, other than that it would seem like a turning point when those souls/energies would move to a new level, thus explaining the ending of their civilization and the need for newcomers after them to figure it out all over again.

???

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Do you think this is a possibility?

No. Because advanced technology just doesn't exist in a vacuum. We're able to have the Internet because there are all kinds of things being manufactured and connected all over the planet that make it happen. So there's evidence of it everywhere. From the telephone and cable wires strung everywhere, right down to the machines that spray paint the letters onto your keyboard.

Every now and then in the past a super genius will come up with something interesting, like a clock or mechanical bird. But it will just be a fluke, and nothing shared or defining a particular culture.

Some ancient cultures might have spent more time than others charting the stars, or learning to grow corn, but none of them ever developed anything much more advanced than that, because if they did, we'd have more evidence of it in the form of remnants of the thousands of components needed to put the technology together and make it work.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

But if you accpet the idea that there may of been nuclear explosions on this planet before. Nuclear bombs are very advanced, are they not. Past civilistaions may of reached a situation where there may of been such technologies.

Of couse we can only speculate.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

No. Because advanced technology just doesn't exist in a vacuum. We're able to have the Internet because there are all kinds of things being manufactured and connected all over the planet that make it happen. So there's evidence of it everywhere. From the telephone and cable wires strung everywhere, right down to the machines that spray paint the letters onto your keyboard.

My thoughts exactly.

Think about it.... even if a tsunami went around the Earth 5 times and wiped everything out and scattered parts of North America all the way to Asia, even if an asteroid hit the Earth and knocked half of it off.... think about how much pure, refined, artificial stuff we have accumulated and constructed since the Industrial Revolution. If you think you can just wipe a metropolis off the map (even with multiple nuclear blasts) and not leave a scrap of steel laying around, think again. Look at photos of the aftermath of Hiroshima and Nagasaki... some shells of buildings remain even after such a severe impact like that. And that's just above the surface... we've got billions of miles of cable buried underground and even across the sea floor.

[edit on 4/28/2008 by Yarcofin]

top topics

join