It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caramel Apples

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
For my wedding, my bridesmades and I were thinking of making caramel apples as the wedding favours. I was wondering if anyone knew any info or advice as to how long before the wedding they can be made and how to best store them before the wedding.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
caramel apples last a pretty long time, they arnt going to go bad right away, i know you can buy them in a store and they have been shipped across the country and sat on the shelf, before you get them. Just make them a day or two ahead, wrap them in wax paper and place in the fridge. Then take them out a few hours ahead so the caramel isnt so hard when they are served.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Mmmmm....caramel. I enjoy caramel apples. With Michigan being a large producer of apples, we buy some every fall. We used to make them in the house when we were kids, but buying them was just easier. I think we used Macs, something that had a little bit of tart, rather than a sweet apple.

At a fair once when I was a kid, I bought a candied apple. I tried to bite into it and about broke my front teeth. I still don't know what they taste like. I couldn't bite into it so I threw it away.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 23Eulogy23

See, I am going to be too busy in a day or two before the wedding to make them. I was hoping to make them a couple of weeks ahead of time. Will they be ok for a couple weeks if I make them and refridgerate them?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
They're still apples and apples go off so after two weeks I'm not sure. The sugar may preserve the apples. May as well give it a try.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

The apples won't keep for two weeks. They don’t freeze. Buy more tart apples as they will last longer. The sweeter type of apple the quicker they rot. I would say make them 3 -4 days before at the most and keep them in the fridge.

Other things to note to make sure they keep longer and don’t rot is to wash the apples with vinegar and fresh water before use. Sterilise sticks in boiling water then dry thoroughly on paper. And you should check that you have COMPLETELY covered all the apple and part of the stick as any gaps or holes through to the apple skin will make them rot quickly. And whatever you do don’t not use apples that are bruised in any way. Also, you should do a trial batch a few weeks before and testing some after a few days to see how they last. As it is for a wedding you don’t want the first batch to be the one for your big day.

top topics

join