It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Gasoline going to $6.00 a gallon?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by cardinalfanUSA

Thank God you were able to get the procedure done here in America it took a year. You made it happen because you worked to get insurance. The question is are you willing to pay for millions of others to have the same procedure done over the next many years.

I am not being cruel or inhuman but our Constitution does not say we are guaranteed health care as well as many of the social programs provided by our tax dollars. Here is the real question are you willing to promote socialized medicine in The United States Of America when you have a country that is already bankrupt on paper and has a tumbling dollar and Congress has stolen and diverted part of the Social Security benefits money that was and is suppose to be set aside only for the purpose of retirees and others that have to use the benefit?

Raise taxes, for socialized medicine I say not it is hard enough to put gas in the tank and food on the table. In Lee county Fl. we have a 7.1 unemployment rate and to many it is called survival when it comes to losing your house, car and livelihood. Americans will find a way. I have a friend that just spent 10 days in the hospital and his hospital bill will be over $200,000 who will pay his medical bill you or me? He has no insurance but was not denied medical care. He has since got out of the hospital and back to work after heart surgery and a punctured lung plus thereafter surgery he contracted a staff infection. If we go the way of socialized medicine who or what is to stop Congress from dipping in and diverting the funds for other projects. Who is held accountable no one and who would over see the money? It is like the fox protecting the hen house it is called Congress. LOL Rik Riley

[edit on 16-7-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
$6 a gallon?
You guys should try $2.50 per litre, which is what it is in the uk.
Roughly $11.25 per gallon.
Think yourselves lucky!!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Thanks for sharing your heartache of paying over $11.00 a gal. for gasoline in Europe. Yes we think it is bad in the U.S. when it comes to gas and diesel prices. I can say you have always had higher prices for gasoline in Europe but it does not matter it is still too expensive for the common man or woman.

We tend to drive more miles in the U.S. and even though you hurt in Europe and I feel for you but most people in the U.S. have never experienced gas prices this high before.
Rik Riley

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
i hear what your saying and was not trying to say that we have it much worse, it's all relative.
The point is that at the moment we are ALL suffering with this credit crunch/recession.

The £3.5 billion we spend every year(in the uk) on this illegal war we are fighting really doesn't help.

It's good to see other peoples opinions and i hope for the sake of all of us, it sorts itself out.

Just out of curiosity, what is the minimum wage over there? (usa)

ps. diesel is even more than petrol. Roughly 30/40 cents a litre more.

[edit on 16/7/08 by blupblup]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Our greatest problem in the U.S. is the ever shrinking dollar besides the price of oil. The minimum wage goes up from $5.15 an hr on the federal level to $6.55 July 24, 2008 and to $7.25 July 24, 2009.

For tipped employees minimum wage is $3.77 per hr. in Florida and a min. wage of $6.79 at present. Food is sky rocketing we have record numbers of foreclosures in Lee county, Fl. and the Germans are buying up foreclosed houses with the Euro. they can buy a nice $100,000.00 home In U.S. dollars for $40,000.00 Euros. Rik Riley

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
EDIT: Double post

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

That's pretty similar to here man.
When the minimum wage was first introduced in 1999 the adult rate stood at £3.60 an hour, and it has risen at a rate above inflation every year until now.
It rose from £5.35 to £5.52 an hour from October 2007, which is where it remains at the moment i believe.

But with the price of everything going up at the moment,food,petrol,all retail goods,rent,you name it, even taxes, even the usually comfortable people are struggling to cope.

Council workers were on strike all over the country today, so some schools were closed as well as other disruptions.
Add this to teachers, nurses,firemen and others (even the police were going to strike which is not legal) that have all been complaining and taking action recently, it seems most cannot afford to live.

iI think it's sad our governments, literally throw money around in the most obscene fashion, while the average folks are tightening the purse strings.

maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel?? i hope so

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

We have the same problem on both sides of the ocean when governments receive the peoples money in the form of taxes it becomes the gov. money although they are suppose to spend the money wisely they do not.

We the people in the U.S. are suppose to be represented by our elected officials but what happens as always the elected officials look out for their own interests most of the time. Rik Riley

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join