It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Gasoline going to $6.00 a gallon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonar

Hi Jonar well said, written with much wisdom and that is the absolute truth of what is actually going on in the world with the constant strangle hold of big oil over the human race.

Yes you are correct, it does not have to be this way and we as the human race are smarter than this we must out smart the fox by getting away from oil as fast and furious as possible.

We are the Saudi Arabia of coal in this great country with approximately 500 years in reserve. Technology is such that we could use coal in the interim to help solve our energy problem. I have a friend that has technology to get rid of the majority of the pollutants when it comes to using coal but has purposely by the powers that be been held back. We have the technology to turn coal into oil like the U.S and the Germany did during WW11.

Better yet we can switch over to hydrogen and electric driven automobiles more easily. The oil barons know the clock is ticking and new technologies are right around the corner and they are getting as much as they can per barrel before the new technologies are introduced.

I do understand that Russia, China and India combined have just surpassed our consumption of oil in the U.S. and we are in direct competition for the needed oil. This is a day of prayer to bring down the price of oil and I pray that it works for the sake of billions of human beings throughout the world. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Don't expect Prices to get any better, in fact brace yourselves for a thunderbolt and expect the unexpected. There is no evidence of a willingness on the part of these highly profitable corporations to sacrifice their loot.

Make no mistake: These corporations should be able to absorb a hit. Over the past year and a half, the four largest oil companies—ExxonMobil, ChevronTexaco, Royal Dutch/Shell Group and BP Group PLC—have pocketed close to $600 billion in profits.

But instead of sharing the pain, they appear to be moving to squeeze every cent they can out of their man made crisis. Welcome to the World of Reality, Some people really only awake after a Shell-Shock therapy.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Sadly, today I was having a discussion about gas prices with some co-workers, and the bottom line answer out of the conversation lead to, "we have to work, so therefor, we will pay the price, If I need to work more Overtime, then so be it".

So you see, it's not so much an issue with a few people, I think most Americans have this same issue, and will do what it takes to keep moving in a forward moving direction, even if that means less time with the family... or better yet, bring the family to work and stay longer.

I can't wait until low grade gas hits $4.00 a gallon.
That's my goal to park the car, granted I cheat the system anyway, by only filling up 20 bucks worth every two weeks, if I get to 1/4 of a tank I walk or ride my bike until I accumulate my 100 bucks at the grocery store to get my 10 cents off per gallon gas coupon. I've done this for about 3 years now, it's great... but I did set my goal to stop driving all together at $4.00 a gallon.

Thankfully it's Spring and almost Summer so not to have to worry about snow plows... even though snow dogs will be my next adventure.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Dubyakadubla

Hi Dubyakadubla, the big oil companies are definitely putting the squeeze on worldwide markets. Our politicians set back and watch it happen because many are owned by the lobbiest. Our elected officials are now starting to feel the heat from we the people about gas and diesel prices and many of the politicians know election time is coming up in November and have to try to do something about skyrocketing gas and food prices.

We the people have finally figured out that when many of these politicians are elected they forget who voted them in office and it becomes to them WIFM. If we actually knew the deals cut in the back rooms of Washington D.C. we would be shocked out of our minds on second thought maybe we would not be shocked we now expect it to happen. Rik Riley

[edit on 24-4-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wyldwylly

Hi wyldwylly, I have notice more and more people riding their bicycles to work with baskets to hold their lunch and brief cases. People become very creative when it comes to survival. The best priced gasoline on a consistent basis for me has been BJ's discount buying club. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Where to buy American gasoline this is very important.

These companies import middle eastern oil:

Shell- 205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco- 144,332,000

Exxon/Mobil- 130,082,000

Marathon/Speedway- 117,740,000

Amoco- 62,231,000

Not to mention CitGo oil is imported from Venezuela, headed up by dictator Hugo Chavez, and who hates the American government with a passion. Way over $10,000,000,000 per year from The United States Of America goes to Chavez and his government from oil revenues.

Here are some of the larger companies that do not import middle Eastern oil.

Sunoco- 0 Barrels

Conoco- 0

Sinclair- 0

Bp/Phillips- 0

Hess- 0

Arco- 0

Marverick- 0

Flying J- 0

The way I figure America is spending $241,644,600,000 per year based on $120 per barrel. Now given this information where would you rather buy your gas from? Rik Riley

[edit on 25-4-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

Is this on a monthly basis or yearly basis?
Thanks for posting that Rik Riley.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wyldwylly

This was based on a yearly figure of barrels of oil purchased by each oil company. The other figure is over 241 Billion dollars spent for oil in one year in America based on $120.00 a barrel.

Most Americans are probably not aware that the Saudis are boycotting American products. Turn about is fair play when it comes to the oil companies that buy Saudi oil. Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
No matter what it seems that any little thing anymore in the world sends the price of oil higher and higher. The Iranian boat being fired upon by our U.S. Navy because they were coming to close. Is this a ploy by Iran to keep those oil prices skyrocketing and is this what we are calling gasoline wars at the pump? Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Would Americans agree to lower our national speed limit on the Interstate Highway system to 55 MPH if it meant conserving enough gasoline nationwide that prices at the pump would come down? Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yesterday, on the T.V. news, the commentator made a statement that gasoline could be up to $5.00 per gallon if the present trend continued toward the end of the summer. Lets hope the prediction is wrong.

This will have an impact on Disney, Universal Studios, Six Flags as well as the rest of the amusement type parks in the U.S. In other words this will affect millions of Americans decision of whether they go on vacation or not when school lets out. Rik Riley

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
$6.00 gas does not look to far off with gas approaching and matching the $4.00 mark. Here is the reason I think the Arabs have a sense of urgency to get all the money they can get out of a barrel of oil including the other oil producing countries. The gig is up and this is why I believe it is to be so, check this website out. www.hytechapps.com...
Rik Riley

[edit on 21-5-2008 by rikriley]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I saw a segment on Fox News about this guy Denny Klein, inventor. this website will further show you how Denny with his Aquygen powered car can drive 100 miles on 4 oz. of water and yes you read it right. Rik Riley

www.wave3.com...

[edit on 21-5-2008 by rikriley]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Hmmm...

Gas was at $6 a gallon in the movie I Am Legend with Will Smith. And that was when things went to hell in 2009.

Has to be a coincidence, right?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Hmmm...

Gas was at $6 a gallon in the movie I Am Legend with Will Smith. And that was when things went to hell in 2009.

Has to be a coincidence, right?

I received the information about $6.00 a gal. gas from an energy conservation convention In Branson Mo. recently. The main speaker had inside information because he has family members working in the oil industry and it will be sooner then later. I covered the topic at the beginning of the thread in more detail. Rik Riley

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
i live in a small town in indiana and gas is $3.99 today my husband is a truck driver and diesel is unreal for them to fill up their tanks this is very scary to all of us as americans what do we do we have to drive to get food we have to get our kids to school as for walking i live too far from my job my daughter is 16 needs a job but we need to get her a car buying the car is not the problem its the gas and insurance thats going to kill us. i work as a freight broker in the trucking industy so both our jobs depend on fuel, this country is in so much trouble and all the government claims it is going to get better. WHEN!!! We stock up whenever we go to the store so we dont have to drive all the time. Needless to say i am scared, we have promised our daughter and her best friend we were taking them on a 5 day cruise this summer but now i am terrified to spend the money not knowing what tomorrow will bring. my husband is stressed out because it costs over $1200 to fill up his truck he needs to get away but we all have to come back to reality after a vacation. What are americans to do this may sound petty to many of you but i am so angry and scared for our country. so many of us can not afford to buy food and clothing because of gas we have to put in our cars to go to work

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Hi anon, you as well as many others are scared and uncertain of the future. Many individuals will go on vacation any way just to get away if just for a week or weekend as we both know it is called recharging your battery.

What is more important the cost of gas or the cost of your sanity? Yes many are struggling to put food on the table or gas in their vehicles but you know what we are survivors. We look around the world and see what other countries and people are going thru from disaster after disaster and we get a reality check and think maybe things are not as bad as they could be.

We have all become very creative on cutting back or taking less trips or consolidating our trips. Here is the the big question when this nation was faced with a fake oil shortage back in the 1970s the government mandated the 55 mph speed limit on our interstate highways.

Why have they not implemented this 55 mph speed limit to conserve and possibly help keep prices from escalating so fast? Could it be that the American people would scream to loud about slowing down and the election is coming up and would lose too many votes for the politicians running for office?

The question is how much gasoline and diesel would be saved lowering the speed limit to 55 mph on our interstate highway system in the U.S. and how would this affect the price of fuel at the pump? Why has this not been voiced by more people, is speed and getting to your destination quicker more important than the price of gas or diesel? I think I just answered my question the cost of gas and diesel is still not high enough to lower the speed limit.
Rik Riley

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Since I am on the subject of the 55 mph speed limit on the Interstates I have come across some stats that may be helpful in determining if in reality it is a good move to enact such a law. Here is a website to check out on the matter of a 55mph speed limit.

www.oilempire.us...

Rik Riley

[edit on 22-5-2008 by rikriley]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Our economy will be destroyed at $6.50 a gallon. The US is on the verge of a great decline never seen or imagined. Housing will continue to decline - as more inventory is created due to foreclosures rising rapidly in late 2008-2009. Automakers profits and production will drop to the lowest levels in years and 1000s and 1000s will be laid off. Government will be forced to "bail out" both automakers and airlines further decreasing the value of the dollar and deeping the depression we will see in 2009-2010 and beyond. The US will lose its power and influence as Europe and Asia will be rise above us. Unfortunately, the government has little or no control as it is really already in motion. I just hope we can recover and adapt to and prosper in our new "New World."

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Do you think this is a NWO plan for all of this happening to The United States Of America at this time in history? Do you think our government is doing enough to protect the people from these disastrous consequences of run away oil prices? What will you do when gas prices hit $6.50 a gal ?

If your choice is the Caribou or you what would you choose when it comes to putting you out of business, losing your house, your car, having no food, and no gas or diesel, You or the Caribou? If it gets down to survival things change and I love wild life also preserving wild life's habitat. Rik Riley

[edit on 22-5-2008 by rikriley]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join