It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19th suicide in Bridgend and STILL police say no link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

www.metro.co.uk... _id=34

Tributes were today paid to a teenager found hanged in Bridgend - the 19th victim this year of a suicide spate in the tragic town in South Wales.

Sainsbury's shopworker Sean Rees – described as “happy-go-lucky" and nicknamed "Smiler" – was found hanged by his family at 7.30am today.

Sean, 19, went missing during a night out with friends before being found hanged in

Odd that a "happy go lucky" guy could just hang himself after a night out? I'm finding it odd that the police keep on saying there is no link to these suicides but come on, this is possibly the 19th one in 16 months now. Surely there is some kind of link???

Well some of them are quite well linked - i found this piece of information:
Dale Crole, 18, hanged himself in a derelict warehouse in neighbouring Porthcrawl on January 5 2007. His friend David Dilling, 19, hanged himself on February 18. Thomas Davies, 20, who knew both of them, hanged himself in a park a week later. Zachary Barnes, 17, who hanged himself on August 11, is also believed to have been known to other victims. In December Liam Clarke, a friend of Crole, was found hanged in a park. Gareth Morgan, 27, who knew Clarke, died on January 5 this year. Natasha Randall, 17, posted a tribute message to Clarke on her Bebo page two days before she hanged herself on January 17. On February 13 Kelly Stephenson was found hanged a few hours after her cousin Nathaniel Pritchard, 15, was declared dead following a suspected suicide. The two cousins were said to be “very close” and on one of Ms Stephenson’s Bebo pages there were tributes to Clarke, Randall and Barnes. Jenna Parry, 16, found hanged on the morning of 19 February, was thought to be a close friend of at least one other victim.

Now after reading this how can the police say the following:
Superintendent Tim Jones, divisional commander of Bridgend police, said there was no evidence to support a suicide pact. He said: "There is no suggestion that they all knew each other."

Something unusual is going on there.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Too right. Just goes to show the massive incompetence of the Police. Either that, or they're hiding something. It does smell a wee bit fishy....

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Thats a good point. They could have killed themselves because someone they knew did too so they became depressed. However for it to be something of this scale that doesn't seem likely it would be the only reason(could be a factor though). Maybe for something they were all exposed to they were all depressed. When someone killed themselves that pushed others off the edge.When i say something depressed them it could be a chemical, something subliminal, or something they all heard about. I'm not an expert so feel free to disregard this.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ghodicu

This is the domino effect that I have seen before. It happened in North and West Belfast where 13 teenagers commited suicide between December 2003 and February 2004.

[url=http://www.news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/3501053.stm]

When one teenager committed suicide by hanging, another committed suicide by hanging right after the funeral of his friend. It was all over the news here at that time - it was unheard of that so many were taking their lives for no apparent reason. One just fell after the other.

Nothing noteworthy of any conspiracy other than teenagers who 'believe; they have nothing to live for - otherwise their society has let them down badly.

In terms of linkages in the Wales case, I heard that there was some sort of 'suicide pact' created between some of them, but I feel this is unsubstantiated. Either way, people need to start listening.

Brei.

new topics

top topics

join