It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here know how to read Arabic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Reason I ask I found this pic, and was curious if it was true

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Do you know what Fanta means in Norwegian?

Fanta="Devil take"

I have had many horrible moments because of that sick name.

Did you also know that it was Coca Cola company who colored Satan Clause red even? He used to be blue before that. How his raindeers correspond to the planets, Rudolf is Mars of course, and how we have to lie and say we have been all nice all year to get gifts. Etc. It wouldn't amaze me if this was true. Ask Paperclip, he probably reads Arabic.

I've heared that Coca Cola company is more or less run by a Christian sect. Pepsi is the same deal, only they are enemies.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I dabble a bit in speaking (not reading) Arabic. Work with a friend who is as fluent with both reading and speaking..

Yes Sir, that is indeed correct! It says NO Mohammed. I am kinda freaked to see that.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
After further scutinity... Still true, but the dialect / font is a very obscure form of arabic (used for comical purposes) that really requires a keen or expert eye to see. This is a pure coincidence.. Arabic is a very complex language and much harder to read than speak.. There are several forms and dialects change from region to region. To give a quick example of complexity. Each letter in arabic is written three ways that look nothing like the first (for example the letter A has three different ways to be expressed that dont look similar. Which character is used depends on where the letter is placed in the word. So if the A is in the beginning of the word it is written one way, If the A is in the middle of the word, it is written with a different character, If the A comes at the end of the word the character is different from the others.. It still varies further for dialect and region. The Arabic spoken in Palestine, Jordan, Syria, Iraq is very different from North Arfican forms in Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Sudan, Somalia, etc.. There are formal versions and slang. Its fricken tough.. Trust me!! But this does indeed say NO Mohammed in an obscure comical form of the written language. Pure coincidence, but good catch.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
Pure coincidence, but good catch.

Yeah, right. It fits in great with the attern of all the other soda brands they produce: Fanta means "may the devil take (whatever is said next)". Simba, their Christmas soda means Lion in Swahili. Sweppes means "sleep well" in Sanskrit. Thinking about how many people have died from mixing alcohol (even called spirit) and Sweppes. "Drink alcohol untill you end up in a coma, and sleep tight!" Your's Truely, Satan Clause, head of the No Mohammed, No Mecca Company.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It's also funny to note that one of the most popular cola drinks is Rum/rom and Cola. Rome and no Mecca. I hate that company. An old friend of mine I used to work with, had worked on a Coca Cola ad account, and he told that when they each year showed the Christmas TV ad for the staff, they were crying like babies, because they loved it so much. If that isn't worship then what is? You see the exact same drama piss in the Church. It's not about drama at all, but sense and basic law which they have replaced with a TV movie.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
But seriously, shouldn't this thread rather have been in the Religious forum?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

top topics

join