It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim-American Comedy Special

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I was just reading an article about this PBS special, STAND UP: Muslim-American Comics Come of Age, which follows five comedians who came together for the Arab American Comedy Festival in NYC in January. The comedians obviously have to deal with prejudice, living in this post 9/11 world, but they are still humorous and constructive about the topic, which I can't help but admire. I'm definitely intrigued to see this when it airs May 11th.

Here's the article if you want to know more.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I just felt like bumping this now that the air date is nearly upon us! I can't wait to watch this on Sunday, I think it'll have a lot of humor and commentary on our post 9/11 culture.

I also found clip previewing the show if you want to know more. I love the attitude Ahmed Ahmed has in this clip (he's well-known as a member of the Axis of Evil comedy tour).

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think these could be pretty good stand ups. Is there full act available on the net any where that you know of?
If so please do post the link.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Hey RedGolem, I did some searching on Hulu and the like, but no luck finding a version of the special online. However, it is being re-aired on many PBS stations, so definitely check out PBS's official page for the documentary. (For me in No. Virginia it's airing Saturday night at 10 in HD.)

By the way, it was really funny. My favorite part was the commentary the comedians gave about their act, about what jokes they would use or avoid, and watching them interact with crowds in various areas of the country. It was all very interesting, definitely worth a look if you get a chance!

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Megaton
thanks a lot for the info. I will look at pbs and see if looks as if it is going to be aired.

top topics

join