It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia at war with Georgia?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Georgia today informed the world that a Russian Mig 29 Fulcrum has come into Georgian territorian waters, and shot down a unnmaned drone.

Russians claims that the drone was flying in a confligt airspace and that was the reason for the shootdown.

US is expressing theire concerns for this behavior of the russian millitary, has Putin lost control?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This issue is banned from mainstream media. Why you still talk about it?

Bad Joke.

Seriously. Bush visit Putin in blacksea apartment two weeks ago... What we see now is believable aftermath. Its very possible that Putin gets free hands with Georgia and Abhasia, and their army is now free to move, when situation in Tsetzenia has been cooled down for a long time.

I believe that there is a contract between US and Russia, and Putin keeps his control, and everything is going with trade deals:

- Kosovo will get its independence and Russia is not arming its Serbs.
- Russia will get free hands with Georgia, and USA will not intercept.

One from one, eye from eye. But there has to be more...

I think that Russia will move aggressively in other parts of world too. If USA backs Israels Syrian attack, and maybe even Iran attack, Russia will start some major operations in Kaspian sea.

Off course USA will condemn Russian moves in near future, but they will not do anything to stop them.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
As a Norwegian, this will only deepen my concern for the russian millitary might, not long ago they had a excercise well within the range of Norwegian oil platform, preventing crew's from going home, or replacement crews getting out.

I have seen some of the budget that russia has for 2008-2010, and it's not any good news, I actually ask myself why the Norwegian goverment supplement the russians power stations and decomissioning of old russiand nuclear subs.....this is wrong...

Russia, should take this as a priority, and not exploit nabouring countries like this.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoebus

I dont believe that Russia is taking any hostile moves in Europe. Kosovo aftermath has shown us all, that they dont have any real means to compete with Europe in near future.

But Russia can take some big moves in middle east, and parts of Asia, maybe even in Africa in coming months.

Something is coming from east, soon, but its with in alliance between Europe, USA and Russia. In MSM news it still can be reported like "hostile acts", witch in real, its not.

Russia is part of NWO: Kosovo is for me a true evidence.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Geopolitical interpretations aside..
That has to be one of the best youtube videos I have seen!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I can't figure out why the Georgeans didn't have a ship in the area with SAMs or something, ready to launch. Surely they must have been able to track and lock-on to the MIG. Still it is a very good video.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoebus
Georgia today informed the world that a Russian Mig 29 Fulcrum has come into Georgian territorian waters, and shot down a unnmaned drone.

Russians claims that the drone was flying in a confligt airspace and that was the reason for the shootdown.

US is expressing theire concerns for this behavior of the russian millitary, has Putin lost control?

Why would you even think the President of Rus would loss control

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Awesome video. I saw the news this morning and Russia had denied shouting it down, but wanted to know why it was in the contested zone. I guess it's pretty hard to argue now.

I always figured Byelarus or the Ukraine would be the first ones to actively conflict with Russia. Who knew?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It has something staged for me....

Im not sure why but just have that feeling with this vid.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
It has something staged for me....

Im not sure why but just have that feeling with this vid.

A Byelarussian false flag to attack Russia? I might buy it if it were the other way around.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Russia beating their chest again and slapping Georgia in the process!!!

Cool video - when the mig came into shot and pulled around to face the drone, shivers went down my spine - thats what I call evidence (albeit, without the exact coordinates of the drone). Disputed territory?

On the note of the drone, since when did Georgia have unmanned drones?

Georgia have unmanned drones?

Where have I been? The last I looked at Russia and Georgia, Russia had fired a missile into Georgia that left a crater. Although different sites have different versions.

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com...]

Hmm. Russia, if you don't like Georgia, just cut off their gas supplies! But stop shooting their drones.

Brei.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I hate to be a party pooper but the original post is not really something that should have been in the aviation forum.

Just thought I'd point that out.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by intelgurl

Party pooper!!!

(Sorry for the one liner)

Brei - theres three lines

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Well, as we have a video of a Mig-29 shooting down a unnmaned UAV, i think it's the right forum...

Quick note on the action in the video on top:

The UAV is a Eilbit Hermes 450, used by Israel, US and several other countries.

the Mig-29 Fulcrum / Super Fulcrum in this video is of Russian origin, neighter Georgia or the sepperatist guerillia have this plane.

Missile used:
Most likly this is a R-73 (AA-11 'Archer'), but it can also be a older R-60 (AA-8 'Aphid')

R-60 (AA-8 'Aphid'):
Wheight: 44 kg
Guidance: Infrared
Warhead: 3 Kg with expanding-rod high explosive warhead
Seeker angle: up to 60° off boresight.

Wiki-on-R-60:
en.wikipedia.org...

R-73 (AA-11 'Archer')
Wheight: 105 kg
Guidance: Infrared
Min firing range: 300 meters
Max range est. 30 km
Warhead: 7.4 kg
Seeker angle: up to 60° off boresight.

Wiki-on-R73
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Phoebus]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Ive rewatched the video and learned a bit more a bout this problem.

Also it may not be a mig29.

You can see that the missle is fired from near the wing tip.

The mig29 does not carry missles there afaik.

The Su27 however does.

Then there is the location....

It looks like the incident happened at Abkhazia. Which has declared independance from georgia in 1994 and they do have their own goverment and important in this case their own airforce with 2 SU27's and even if it is a russian Mig29 it could be explained as the russian airforce lending a hand to the protection of Abkhazian airspace....

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I stil belive this is a Mig 29, you see the twin tailfinns, they are not so far away from eachother as they need to be if this is a Sukhoi.

The Missile is not fired from the wing tip, but a phylon on the outer edge of the wing, this could also as you said, be both SU or a MIG, but it's most likly a Mig.

As to why the shooting was done there is stil 2 versions of the story:

Georgia: plane was flying over Georgian airspace, looking for seperatist.

Russian story #1: Bullocks, we did not shoot down anything.

Russian story #2: Unnmaned plane was shot down due to the fact it was flying over restricted airspace/conflict zone.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I can't believe the pilot didn't go to guns. Shame on Lt. Mig Pilotskov!

Meanwhile, all across the globe, Allied pilots are crapping their g-suits as they realize that:
1) Russian pilots can fly.
2) Russian missiles can track very small targets and hit them on the first shot.
3) Russian pilots will happily shoot your Rolex-wearing butts down and laugh about it.

Great vid!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The Russians have scared the living daylights out of the "allies" before.

Remember when the Sukhoi SU-37 Terminator was flown in Paris, where you see it does a summervault in the air, watch this video bellow, and tell me your not scared of this BIG plane:

check timeframe: 1.40

This plane is unrivaled in the west, we have nothing that can rival this plane, AT ALL, JAS and Eurfighter might have a slight chance. just like...20% chance in a dogfight situation.

the reason for this is simple:
No other plane in the world have had so many hours in a wind tunnel to design a wing as the prototype for the Mig29/Su27 (Same prototype wing).
This wing is so special that it's a envy of US scientist.

I would like Norway to actually buy Sukhoi SU37 Terminator, then convert it for western weapons, much cheaper then buying the US JSF or Eurofighter, I personaly belive that the SU37 is more fittet for Norwegian mountains then any other plane.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Phoebus]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by intelgurl

I have to agree with intelgurl and also would like to point out this is being cover in another forum. I'll repost the info here if needed but don't think at the very least this subject titled the way it is be allowed in the forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoebus

Big plane with big engines and fancy moves that kill energy quicker then you can say "bought the farm" doesn't make for the best fighter ever. Is it good sure it is. Does it pull of some cool looking stunts? Yeah. But to say that its maneuverability is what makes or breaks this plane is silly.

Never mind the fact that this has nothing to do with the subject on hand in this OP that really with the way it is written should be locked rigth now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join