It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United North America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I was reading some articles on Wikipedia about the European Union and I stumbled across a link to this site. I read through the pages and I deduced that within Canada, there seems to be a growing desire to merge with the United States. I thought that some people here on ATS might be interested in checking this site out:
United North America

By the way, it's not affiliated with the Security and Prosperity partnership. Sorry also if this has been posted already!

Tom

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This would be a intresting political experience. I completly agree with this, as it would strengthen both nations.

I remeber a trusted friend told me a few years ago, but I cannot find any information online about its authenticty.

It was something like, Western and Eastern Canada were divided in politcal agreements, and were considering splitting up the country. I also remeber to US wanted to annex western canada in that. I cannot remeber much of it though, but it caught my intrest.

A recent poll said that 4 in 10 Americans think the US should annex canada. The number is about the same with Canadians.

I completly agree with this, but it would be difficult to pull of, we I would like it, since I live in Minnesota (northern US) and it would be nice not to have to bring passport with me.

It would also bring us closer to having a global goverment system, which I'm not quite sure whether I support or not.

(Off topic) Maybe the US should annex Mexico! No more illegal Imigrants!!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It will be a cold day in Hell when Canadians agree to be annexed to the USA. This non-profit organization is probably a front for the Globalists and nothing more:

United North America is a non-profit organization dedicated to the democratic unification of Canada and the United States of America into one nation, under the protections, freedoms and privileges of the United States Constitution.

Yeah, I see how "well" the Constitution and "democracy" is working for the American citizens, Canadians are damn anxious and can't wait to get a taste of it...

I can come up with a few reasons why whoever would want Canada annexed, let's see:

- Fresh water supply (possibly largest in the World?) - VERY IMPORTANT in 21st Century.

- Access to the North.

- Minerals and other deposits (yes, even those Alberta tar sands but also diamonds and radio-isotopes and what not).

- Natural Gas (50% already gets exported to USA but why pay for it when you can get 100% of it for free, right?)

...etc.

Whoever is claiming that 4 out of 10 Canadians want to be annexed really needs a reality check. I suspect those figures are made up or well "massaged" to give out a picture of a great number of people as to solicit sympathetic opinions.

I would think that Canadians are much smarter than Americans and have more brains not to allow their own identity and country be turned into a Corporate Fascists gulag, that USA is headed to.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Canada has immense natural resources, and a low population density. With the world's growing demands for resources. It would be to the United States advantage to annex it. The people of Canada would have to all be on crack to want that to happen though.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by amigo
It will be a cold day in Hell when Canadians agree to be annexed to the USA. This non-profit organization is probably a front for the Globalists and nothing more:

United North America is a non-profit organization dedicated to the democratic unification of Canada and the United States of America into one nation, under the protections, freedoms and privileges of the United States Constitution.

Yeah, I see how "well" the Constitution and "democracy" is working for the American citizens, Canadians are damn anxious and can't wait to get a taste of it...

I can come up with a few reasons why whoever would want Canada annexed, let's see:

- Fresh water supply (possibly largest in the World?) - VERY IMPORTANT in 21st Century.

- Access to the North.

- Minerals and other deposits (yes, even those Alberta tar sands but also diamonds and radio-isotopes and what not).

- Natural Gas (50% already gets exported to USA but why pay for it when you can get 100% of it for free, right?)

...etc.

Whoever is claiming that 4 out of 10 Canadians want to be annexed really needs a reality check. I suspect those figures are made up or well "massaged" to give out a picture of a great number of people as to solicit sympathetic opinions.

I would think that Canadians are much smarter than Americans and have more brains not to allow their own identity and country be turned into a Corporate Fascists gulag, that USA is headed to.

I'm sorry, I mixed up my polls online, it stated:

On the question of annexation by the United States, 19.9 per cent of Canadians said at that time that they would be in favour, while 76.5 per cent rejected the proposition. Another 3.6 per cent said they didn't know or refused to answer

but...

For this year's survey, the pollsters also asked Americans if they would be "in favour of Canada adopting the U.S. dollar as its national currency."

But I maybe doubt that now since the Candian currency is .01 ahead of the dollar.

It is always a realy posibilty, in the 19th century, it was a serious option. I would only, only agree to having Canada annexed if the United States shapes up, and solves some of its own problems *shakes head*

Originally posted by amigo
Corporate Fascists gulag, that USA is headed to.

Great description

[edit on 22-4-2008 by wilmiester]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I feel that you have the premise wrong; The web site is a US based site to try and get Candians to join the US not Canadian based. This perhaps is due to the fact that most of the NA resources are based in Canada and the US wants them.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
That would never happen. Canada joining the US.

as a fellow Canadian i must express my thoughts. I'm sorry to all our neighbours to the south but most Canadians don't like Americans. Our countries joining would be next to impossible since you would probably have to arrest and imprison ~80% of the population.

2nd our problems are not the same. The US has a problem with everybody while Canada has a problem with itself. Remember the Quebec Referendum. That Nut actually said that if they were to separate from Canada, That they would still have the Same currency, passports, military (~70% of Canada's military is there(if some one can correct me)) and the same land grants that were given. I think John Chretien at the Time said Hahaha NO. you would have your own currency your own military and passports and we'd take back all land grants and finances that were given to you.

So in short No, Canada will never and I MEAN NEVER join the US

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
A document I read a few years ago stated that Canada had better become one with the United States. (I cannot remember the name of the document. But it could possibly be the one some scientists wrote up for the Pentagon. The one warning about climate change and other happenings.) It was mentioned because of Canada's resources and how the United States would need them in such dire situations of the predictions given in the document.

I haven't met a single fellow Canadian who wishes to become a part of the United States. The source must have come from the smelly trough in the barn.

Whenever folks around here do discuss our country and the United States, there is always concern that the United States wants to take our country because of our resources. But then some folks will chime in that the takeover is being done slowly anyhow because it is the Americans who own all the major companies here.

I for one, do not want to see Canada become one country with the United States.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that Canada will ever become a part of the U.S. What will happen, you can write it down, is that when TSHTF the U.S and Canada will have to enter some sort of "pact."

When the European Union, the renewed Roman empire, begins to make its move, North America will be forced to make its move.,

[edit on 23-10-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Have you guys all heard about the new Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) cards ? pretty interesting.
travel.state.gov...

I'm think a north american union is inevitable

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I doubt many Canadians want a merger with the United States, and I doubt many Americans want a merger with Canada. But this is not about what the citizens want; this is about what the elite wants. If it's in their plans to create a North American Union, you can bet it's going to happen and we will have very little say about it.

I'm not sure if the theories about a Canada-US-Mexico merger are true, but I wouldn't doubt that these topics have been discussed among the world's "decision" makers.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
why would canucks jump onto a sinking ship?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
As stated several times, Canadians don't want to merge with America. And where did this America annexing Canada crap come from? Are you kidding me, if that happened Canadians would take up arms. I sure as hell would.

On that note though, I should say that as a result of B.C. being somewhat ignored ignored by Ottawa, I wouldn't mind B.C., Alberta, and the Yukon seceding and merging together.

I also wouldn't mind if the western states, like California, Oregon, and Washington seceded and merged with us seceded western provinces.

Too bad that would never happen though...

[edit on 23-10-2008 by ben420]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben420
As stated several times, Canadians don't want to merge with America. And where did this America annexing Canada crap come from? Are you kidding me, if that happened Canadians would take up arms. I sure as hell would.

So would i Oh man i think most if not all of western Canada and the Northern territories will. your my new best friend

On that note though, I should say that as a result of B.C. being somewhat ignored ignored by Ottawa, I wouldn't mind B.C., Alberta, and the Yukon seceding and merging together.

your not the only ones. All western Canada (BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan) are ignored by Ottawa. I remember they had a poll which they asked Albertans if they would accept being a separate nation and i think ~89% said yes.

I also wouldn't mind if the western states, like California, Oregon, and Washington seceded and merged with us seceded western provinces.

Too bad that would never happen though...

you never know. Arnold is pushing to separate from the United states and pretty soon so will we. Remember how Harper called Quebec a "Nation within a United Canada". all the west got pissed off. so i can see that happening.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
As much as I like the idea of being able to freely relocate myself anywhere on the continent I want to, I'd just assume Canada kept its sovereignty.

I don't care how much my government might want some of the resources there, Canada has a right to its own national identity, or however many national identities it might want to eventually become. I think we've done enough "nation building" for one century already. We don't need to muck things up even more trying to integrate a whole other nation into our own mess. I definitely hope you all would fight that sort of a move.

I have always loved the time I spent visiting Canada and found everyone I met to be very friendly. I'd hate for that to relationship to be changed by tyrannical decisions by the idiots on the Hill.

Anyone have a name for the potentially newly merged parts of Western Canada and the West Coast states?
That idea is making me smile for some reason, I must just be feeling rebellious in general.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
we thought of peterland but settled on petoria. the gay bar across the airport took that name
lol

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This is part of the NWO scheme,.. the north atlantic union... its supopsed to ahppen,a ccording to traditional NWO takeover..
however, candaa does not want too merge with the united states, no one does for that matter.. the other post memeber was right, as sson as canadians foudn out canada was merging withh us, canadians would be up i arms big time!

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
If I recall correctly, someone tossed 2010 as a target year for this merger. Not sure where I heard it, must have been one of the lectures/documentaries I watched in the past two months.

Of course, there are other factors, but rest assured that this merger has been discussed for more than 10 years at least, by various governments in power.

Our "Overlords" are patient and do things systematically and incrementally so it is not easily noticed...

new topics

top topics

join