It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Fears Chinese Hackers Have Back Door Into US Government & Military

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Hackers are kwl nd i wud;nt mind working 4 da U.S.A Government, So if there's anybody reading dis plz hook n nigga Up!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
I swear to god the U.S. has more hackers in the Chinese networks as Americans really are better hackers due to the high availability of computers. In China most people go to internet cafes to do their illegal things thus unable to allocate much time into hacking.

Oh my, you are gravely mistaken. You actually hack from an internet cafe for safety reasons(for your own safety)

Because if you hack from your office or home, and you got unlucky, they'll know where to find you. If you did it from internet cafe, their only option of hunting you down is if by any luck a spy satellite was monitoring the internet cafe you hacked from during the time you're hacking something.

Anyway, that's funny, about the US Gov, they're so cheap!! Let me think, so they are also outsourcing flying saucer parts too??!! lol!!

I would like to think that the Chinese may also be trying to acquire schematics. So they could assemble the finish products of the possibly top-secret parts outsourced to them, whatever they are.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
sorry, triple post :S

[edit on 4/6/2009 by funky monk]

link   
sorry, triple post :S

[edit on 4/6/2009 by funky monk]

link   
reply to post by ahnggk

+1 to that. It would make soo much more sense to hack from a net cafe because, like you said, if you trip up its a lot harder for them to work out who you are. And if net cafes are so much more popular over there then it makes that last point even more important.

But really, I wouldn't put it past them. I mean, they have the largest population in the world, they have one of the fastest growing economies in the world and Im sure when it comes to tech they would want to catch up to the US as fast as they possibly can.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I'll share with you a little experience I had at my old work place. I was a member of the security team for a large US corporation. We had several computers submitting suspicious outside traffic. After some investigation I narrowed it down to a small group of computers in a corner office. To my surprise I discovered the router to be at fault. There was a hardware back door built into the router and thus we had to replace the router.

Discovering such vulnerabilities is at times very difficult. Often times peers in my field will always suspect a software based attack but now days hackers are much more easily able to write directly to hardware, extending the security threat.

There are so many "zero day virus" out there that slip bellow the radar of the top scanners. One of the most conman way, now days one gets a virus is illegal downloading a application or a game. Some people are even foolish enough to pirate there operating system. Just about every pirated OS I've seen available online has root kit in Window's API. Which means it can hide it self indefinitely.

Since the hardware is compromised from day one with the intent to exploit its the careless training and schooling that is at fault in my opinion. Most IT professionals will take a router, a switch, or a hub out of the box, plug it in and forget about it. With today's securtiy threats we need to consider every possible angle.

So there routers are compromised, what about a compromised operating system? To say Microsoft operating systems are secure is like saying Charles Manson is a sane man. I always scratched my head wondering why the US government chooses to use such a blatantly insecure OS such as Windows. Yes it's sad but true, everyone from the FBI to Navy, and yes some of the NSA use Microsoft operating systems with computers made in China. We are whoring our secrets away, but I guess they were already bought and paid for. I can see the day coming when Chinese tanks roll down Melrose Blvd.

It's a game of cat and mouse really. Every lock is going to be broken at some point.

Really I hope if the Chinese discover something ground breaking like we have 0 point energy or something life changing they'll share the information. =D

[edit on 21-6-2009 by oconnection]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Really what I am getting they got into was millions of dollars worth of TRAINING INFORMATION.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Ross Perot's charts forecasted most of these issues though the media never gave him chance even though he used most of his money running for office of the Presidency. NAFTA alive and well?

Where is he now? Seems to fallen off the face of the Earth. Gag order?

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Cheers and we look forward to your Forum Favourites selections!

[color=#484644]pret auto

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
That
Is indeed fishy

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
well done on the research............

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Agreed and well said.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
WHATS WRONG WITH THE CHAT?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bubbles22

The enigma chat

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I am currently employed by a supplier to the Defense department. We are currently deploying Brocade gear (www.brocade.com...) into their networks for switches, but their firewalls are all Junipers.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Bumping this old, potentially relevant thread because of today's hacking activity.

Security breach at White House as hackers 'working for Russia' launch cyberattack

The network, used by President Barack Obama's most senior staff, was intermittently shutdown in an effort to counteract the cyber attacks.

Agents from the FBI, Secret Service and National Security Agency have been drafted in to help with the ongoing investigation into the online attack.

And especially this part…

Experts believe the hackers intended to map the secure White House network.

Russia and China have been increasingly cozy with each other. An intrusion attempt, that went unnoticed until an ally alerted the US, that attempts to get networking data is very likely router-based, and could possibly go unnoticed if you're not constantly watching that intrusion vector.

This goes back to speculation that there may still be some of these counterfeit routers, made in China, in sensitive networks.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Of course they have back doors, FBI. To this and to DoD satellites, to your cell, your OnStar, and so much more.

Now run along, FBI and arrest the people who allowed this to happen...the treasonous scum who gave our jobs to China.

Oh...wait....you're in their pocket too. Too bad so sad for us..

Anyone surprised by this is a dimwit.

edit on 10/29/2014 by ~Lucidity because: laughing at my phone for putting in all those faces

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Each time there's a "hack" of government systems… this thread comes to mind.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join