It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Fears Chinese Hackers Have Back Door Into US Government & Military

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Related Update In Breaking Alternative News

Just thought that I would link the progression of this news story....

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Greetings......The term "The CIA" and "Spook" are dated terms for an agency (CIA) that has already been abolished,Iam sure the inteligence assets of this country go far beyond CIA and there are so called Spooks that do not realize they are operatives....

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
i believe it. the chinese are smarter than most average people in america think. unless you really watch world news, and the science & technology channels on t.v. you know like the histoy channel and discovery channel/science channels and actually pay attention to what the world is saying on this subject it's very possible. the chinese are responsible for nearly half our manufactures aside from japan and mexico. so if any one could figure out our technology it's them.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I think China can say the magic words any day now......Check Mate

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Just cleaning up some old links in my favourites and found this oddball. Has this problem been solved yet? I googled for info but couldn't find any followup.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

great post and great presentation of the powerpoint material. I've quickly read it, and re-read it more slowly, but have been up 17 hrs working on my posts and am looking forward to studying it in greater detail ... maybe even contacting some of the local companies here in the S.F. Bay Area and mention I've seen the FBI presentation and query them who to contact for an update.

nothing like walking on thin ice

what is of great interest to me is that I'm currently off-and-on and inbetween other posts working on a premise of the NWO morphing into the CNWO (China, Russia, India, and -stan countries being pledged into the NWO but also maintaining a dual function to conflict w/it in order to increase military sales and detract folks from the big picture

I remember China was accused of having been passed info from Lawrence Livermore (also almost in the S.F. Bay Area) -- but now that Bechtel is managing it, I imagine the cutting edge technology I was helping to promote and sell from spin-offs will simply be taken by Bechtel to China for copying, like ultra-wide band stealth communications using the entire spectrum (unlike wideband -- AT&T wideband cellphones went public for 20 billion dollars) -- ultrawide band is 600 times more powerful (at least the radio my ... what to call them, associates have developed ... and merging that w/short range ground penetrating radar

why use a back door when you can walk in through the front

[edit on 1-10-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I'm going to solve the problem. Ready? Here goes.

QUIT BUYING CISCO PRODUCTS!

See how easy that was? Cisco does one thing superior to other vendors. If you have a maintenance contract with them, they will ship you out a new product no questions asked. That's it. That's all that Cisco offers that's above what other companies offer.

Some years ago, their products were actually slower performing than other manufacturers of the same product. (I don't know if this is still true or not).

Other companies make products that are just as good. If the only way they can justify buying it is "Cisco has 80% market share", someone is getting a kickback. First, because it's not true, and Second, because "No one ever gets fired for buying IBM" should never be a justification for a purchase.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
I'm going to solve the problem. Ready? Here goes.

QUIT BUYING CISCO PRODUCTS!

See how easy that was? Cisco does one thing superior to other vendors. If you have a maintenance contract with them, they will ship you out a new product no questions asked. That's it. That's all that Cisco offers that's above what other companies offer.

Some years ago, their products were actually slower performing than other manufacturers of the same product. (I don't know if this is still true or not).

Other companies make products that are just as good. If the only way they can justify buying it is "Cisco has 80% market share", someone is getting a kickback. First, because it's not true, and Second, because "No one ever gets fired for buying IBM" should never be a justification for a purchase.

Greetings.....You are absolutely correct....The empty suits in corporate america have made cisco and IBM...not because of quality control but because of a safe decision that guarantees their tenure....It is no wonder American business is in decline.....The chinese do not have to steal anything..some corporate whore will give it to them for money and sometimes with the blessing of government..

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Nemiro

i am very shocked to know that our government sites are not safe.
---------------
nitin

ADMIN NOTE: removed spam

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
There has been some recent news that the Pentagon is currently engaged in a massive effort to replace network infrastructure technology (such as these suspect routers) with customized systems built under their supervision. Certainly, one can not be surprised by this development.

One item not revealed in the news is interesting, according to my source. The custom technology built under Pentagon supervision will be made available to "critical national infrastructure" corporations such as financial institutions -- the money for this buried in the "bailout" packages, for which we're still not being informed as to the spending.

I suppose we may take some solace in the knowledge that we (ATS members) have played some small role in forcing this infrastructure security upgrade.

On the other hand, a startlingly interesting side-note in this development -- the plans anticipate full upgrades (read replacements of suspect routers) by December of 2012. Given what we discuss here, that is a stunning date to have been selected.

Another important document.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I know a government IT programmer that works integrating computer equipment into weapons systems

He has the key to unlock windows programing and can read all of windows security codes in the windows O/S
He claims that there is a lot of strange code in windows security authorization system.

This is the area that Microsoft uses to tell if you have a validated copy of windows and what computer you have it on.

Part of this is to keep you from buying one copy of windows and using it on 20 computers.

BUT he says that there are a lot of code that is integrated throughout windows that he never has understood and it seams to him to be a backdoor to shut down counterfeit copies of windows. Permanently along with the computer they are on.

Google and other US companies also have strange code in there programs.

But Microsoft never seams to use this route to do shutdowns.

Now china has copied windows and bypassed the authorization system by disabling it.

China runs there country on these bootleg copies of windows.

Can Microsoft send a few lines of code over the Internet and shut down all of china's copies of windows PERMANENTLY on a US government command.

Are US software companies setting up a system to Kill all counterfeit or bootleg products that china is selling.

I know Microsoft has been trying to stop this bootleg copying by china since win95.

Has the US government told Microsoft not to shut down these bootleg copies But to let China become so dependent of them that without them they would not have Internet communications without Microsoft windows.

I can see china trying to shut down the Internet in the US just before a attack on the US and find that all some US agent in China has to do is boot up a CD on there Internet and all there Internet computers are knocked out forever.

He does not trust Internet security at all and he works as a government IT and we both have never put and personal identification data on the Internet and we always use false names and other data on our Internet computers.

If the data is not there no one can steal it.

We use walmart debit cards to buy things on the Internet with miss spelled names plus we only put just enough money on the cards to make our purchase when we buy something.

Why use a bank card that lets anyone clean out you bank account when it only cost a few more dollars to go secure with a you load it when you need it card. And leave only a few dollars on it when you don't.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Just another example of our old pals the Chinese chip, chip chipping away until they find that trump card, maybe one that can compromise our nuclear capabilities long enough for a first strike. They have already said a war with the states is inevitable, We are fools to sit here well they blatantly try to steal military information from us. If you think their worried about the financial loss of the money we owe them, I'm sure they will be happy to write it off in exchange for destroying us.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

I was under the impression that design and fabrication in secure facilities was already a requirement for certification of critical high-security hardware, eg SIPRNet.

So this is a parallel development effort, following 'secure' practices? I wonder how the specifications differ from previous DoD efforts? And, to twinge the conspiracy aspect, such practices are exactly what would be necessary if the US, itself, wanted to build covert functionality into private industry network infrastructure...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

Excellent reply Ichi, glad you typed it all up, saved me alot of time. I could not agree more with your assesment and ideas.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Starred and flagged Old_School, excellent find!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jankopernik
It SHOULD be common practice to remove all default settings from a network device and ensuring all settings are configured to your network needs prior to installation, not blindly pulling a device out of the box and pligging it into your network. This would remove any potential security vulnerabilities to some extent.

You hit the nail right on the head with that one. Kind of makes you wonder who is actually in charge of that exact job within each agency. Maybe a solution to that would be to have a central place where all government hardware is configured as needed, a controlled environment.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I found this story today, and thought it would be appropriate for this topic.

Outdated Computers at White House

Unbelievable....

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
HACKER'S ARE EVERWHERE AND CHINEESE ARE CAPABLE OF THAT SO GOOD LUCK TO FBI !

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join