It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent Weekend in Chicago: 32 Shootings, 6 Homicides

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

CHICAGO — An epidemic of gunfire rattled the city during the weekend, with at least 32 people shot and six killed.

Police Superintendent Jody Weis blamed an excess of guns and gangs for the rash of violence.

"There are just too many weapons here," Weis said at a news conference Sunday. "Too many guns, too many gangs."

At the time of that news conference, the toll was 26 separate shootings and four deaths. Later, three more shootings were reported within two hours on the West Side late Sunday and early Monday, resulting in two more deaths and four more people wounded, police said.

The other weekend shootings were scattered all over the city. Police said they included gang shootings, drive-by attacks, and even one case in which someone used an AK-47 to shoot up a plumbing supply store.

Ok, I live in a suburb about 20 min from downtown and about 5 min from the city. I know that there are some areas, correction alot of areas that I cannot go because of the violence. I suspect that soon the whole city will not be safe, and everyone will be sitting ducks in the middle of city wide gang wars. I feel like I am living in the old west!! What the hell is going on in our beautiful city today were there is just an over abundance of violence, and no solution in sight. It is a sad day in Chicago Illinois.

new topics

join