It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Torture Victim's Records 'Lost' at Guantanamo, admits Camp General

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Torture Victim's Records 'Lost' at Guantanamo, admits Camp General

www.guardian.co.uk

Retired general Michael Dunlavey, who supervised Guantánamo for eight months in 2002, tried to locate records on Mohammed al-Qahtani, accused by the US of plotting the 9/11 attacks, but found they had disappeared.

The records on al-Qahtani, who was interrogated for 48 days - "were backed up ... after I left, there was a snafu and all was lost", Dunlavey told Philippe Sands QC, who reports the conversation in his book Torture Team, previewed last week by the Guardian. Snafu stands for Situation Normal: All #ed Up.

Saudi-born al-Qahtani was sexually taunted, forced to perform dog tricks and given enemas at Guantánamo.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
LMAO...Is anyone besides me experiencing de ja vu lately? Things related to blatant law-breaking becoming "lost" seem to be a recurring them with our gov...The Whitehouse "losing e-mails" that would implicate them in illegal crap, video tapes of torture being wiped out by the CIA, and now records of tortured inmates "disappearing"...Smells like one giant cover-up all the way around. Obviously quite a few folks have something to hide here!

The CIA admitted last year that it destroyed videotapes of al-Qaida suspects being interrogated at a secret "black site" in Thailand. No proof has so far emerged that tapes of interrogations at Guantánamo were destroyed, but Sands' report suggests the US may have also buried politically sensitive proof relating to abuse by interrogators at the prison camp.

Other new evidence has also emerged in the last month that raises questions about destroyed tapes at Guantánamo.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Either your military personnels are really incompetent or they just think that US citizens are idiots. I don't expect this to get too much coverage. Lying amongst the US government and military are not new.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Saudi-born al-Qahtani was sexually taunted, forced to perform dog tricks and given enemas at Guantánamo.

I'm sure John McCain would love to give the poor guy a comforting hug, but he can't raise his arms up that high thanks to his shoulders having been broken in a real act of torture 35 years ago. The more I hear of this, the more it seems like maybe there is a conspiracy going on here. Maybe our government is in cahoots with the Arab terrorists they've got locked in Gitmo. I say this because every subsequent "trture" claim reads more and more like a frat house hell week activity than an actual interogation tactic. He was taunted? Those heartless bastards!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Yes, i'm having de ja vu, too, DD!

Yes, i'm having de ja vu, too, DD!

The evidence disappearing is just routine, now, i'm afraid... after all, they
wouldn't want it being presented against them during trial, in a war crimes
court, would they?

sty

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Why is US reminding me more and more of my childhood ? O , I know ! -it`s because I used to live in the most strict Eastern European communist police state before 1989.

Google Video Link

new topics

top topics

join