It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPP meets in New Orleans TODAY!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
If you had any doubts as to whether or not the MSM lies or omits, you can put those doubts to rest today. The 3 leaders of Canada, Mexico an the United States are meeting today in New Orleans in yet another of their continuing series of relatively secret meetings deciding the literal fate of these three countries. These meetings carry with them importance to this world akin to the Bilderberg meetings, yet not a peep this morning from the MSM that it is even taking place.

Leave it to alternative media to cover the truly important happenings and it will. I will be reporting on the, what is expected to be rather large protest to take place today and tomorrow in New Orleans. We will shed light on these secret backroom meetings and the people will know the truth.

www.chuckbaldwinlive.com...

We will make sure that these brave protesters get their day to tell their story.

The (peaceful) REVOLUTION will be televised...

www.republicmedia.tv...

[edit on 21-4-2008 by KMFNWO]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm actually heading down there right now just to see what exactly is going on. I will bring my camera and take some pictures if anything of interest is going down. No one here is really excited about these guys being here, and I have casually mentioned to some people in the industries that are going to be serving this group that I would like to know any information that they can provide for me, which of course, I will pass on here.

I wouldn't expect rioting or anything though, if there is one thing NOPD does know, it's appropriate crowd control, a few thousand angry people are nothing in comparison to our crowds for Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, French Quarter Fest, Southern Decadence, etc. We handle it very well.

[edit on 4/21/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

The coordinator of the event was adamant that all participants must understand that violence will not be tolerated and any agent provocateurs will be routed out.

pages.suddenlink.net...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
2 points are important to keep in mind in relation to this meeting;

First, both Bush and Harper are going to be replaced. Bush [IMO] by Democrats and Harper by a growing scandal. These two represent the architects of the SPP.

You'll note the growing resentment, both in America and Canada, toward NAFTA, which is the legal glue that keeps the idea afloat. Both Obama and Clinton have made statements reflecting this resentment and it has become part of their election platform, mainly due to the problems the auto sector is suffering from, but many other issues as well.

Here in Canada, a growing factor is the price of oil and gas products when it is obvious that the country has a wealth of it right here. People here see the unfairness of being tied to international pricing through trade laws when we could be supplying our own needs at a much lower cost. This goes for all sorts of issues... food, minerals, etc. Isolationism is a bad word in our minds, but when hard times come around, it's all fair game.

The meeting in NO is likely to be more of a goodbye than a concerted effort to push ahead... but one never knows when secrecy rules the day.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I was hoping some would post about this today.

Masqua, I'll have to disagree about this being a farewell meeting, at least in context of this matter dying. Your favorite folks at the Fraser Institute have called for a re-branding of the whole thing. Get rid of NAFTA and the SPP agreements, well not get rid of them, just rename them. The new buzz word they are pushing for is the North American Standards and Regulatory Area. Sounds much more benign doesn't it. And we both know that as goes the Fraser, so goes the country.

I believe that the talk from both Clinton and Obama is nothing more than an attempt to 1. garner votes from the middle class, and 2. to help with the possible renegotiations of NAFTA. Right now, water isn't covered specifically by NAFTA but the US wants it, and the only way I think they'll get it is through renegotiations or through the SPP. The SPP has come under fire since Montebello and the word or acronym now has negative connotations to the public. Hence the re-branding. I don't think the changing of leaders, an inevitability in a democratic society, will affect the push for this unification. Leaders come and leaders go, the real people that are running the show stick around a lot longer than the public faces.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Bush opens summit with leaders of Canada and Mexico
www.latimes.com...

Bush makes case for free trade deal at summit
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Bush and the leaders were there. Secret Service was there. ATF was there. National Guard was there. A plethora of local law enforcement was there. Protesters? Not so much. I scoured the town for hours and only heard occasional stories of at best 20 protesters at any given time. I interviewed a street performer outside of Cafe Du Monde who stated they had been run off earlier that morning. I asked if he wanted to go public about that and his response was "I don't want to get in any trouble"

So I guess New Orleans really is the City that Care Forgot.

"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez"

How will the people answer the challenge of the New World Order - with remote controls and a Big Mac.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by KMFNWO]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

Yeah, I kept looking around and never really saw much of anything. :shk:

Everything looked pretty standard with the barricades at the W and traffic snarling around the CBD (which is really nothing new lol).

As you spoke to the performers, I spoke to some of the carriage people, and they said nothing really big was going on, but as one told me, "you think if people started gathering them that they would actually let them stay?!"

A sad day, KMF. Maybe today will yield something less disheartening.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I just went for a drive down Decatur and there are about 15 people out there across from Jackson Square holding a few signs and an American flag. I pulled over to ask if there was going to be a protest later, and they didn't respond to me, only stared at me as if I just dropped down from space.

I must be too square, but they aren't going to help themselves get people to join if they are going to be so snotty about it.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
What really was going on in New Orleans? I was watching with interest. I don't recall even Alex Jones being there for this meeting.

new topics

top topics

join