It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Rationing Confronts Breadbasket of the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Food Rationing Confronts Breadbasket of the World

www2.nysun.com

At a Costco Warehouse in Mountain View, Calif., yesterday, shoppers grew frustrated and occasionally uttered expletives as they searched in vain for the large sacks of rice they usually buy.

"Where's the rice?" an engineer from Palo Alto, Calif., Yajun Liu, said. "You should be able to buy something like rice. This is ridiculous."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Note: The web page is very active right now, and hard to get into.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I thought this might be important.

What really gets me is how the dollar menu's at our fast food favorites is played out on TV all day long, and behind the curtain we are slowly seeing a shortage of food, and ever increasing higher prices for everyday staples.

Also, I read that we have lost 34% of our bee population this year in the US.

www2.nysun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It was only a matter of time before this started happening. There is a once a week radio show host who said this would happen with flour, etc.... he posted that messege about 6 weeks ago. These folks that ran into this are apparently not ATS'ers or they would not have been surprised. So here we go...

From your source...

"You can't eat this every day. It's too heavy," a health care executive from Palo Alto, Sharad Patel, grumbled as his son loaded two sacks of the Basmati into a shopping cart. "We only need one bag but I'm getting two in case a neighbor or a friend needs it," the elder man said.

First time occurrence for this guy, most likely, and he's already described as grumbling AND he's complaining about eating it every day. I'm sure there are many starving people in this country, not to mention the masses around the world, who would LOVE to have this to eat every day. At least he appears to be kind enough to pick up an extra, just in case someone else needs it (unless he just said that and is actually 'hoarding' already).

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
While this may have been the "first" Breaking News thread on the topic, by 6 minutes, the other submission is already on page two of responses. With that being the case, I'm moving this to Other Current Events where it will remain open for further responses and discussion.

Now, back to...

» Other Current Events » Food Rationing Confronts Breadbasket of the World » Post Reply

new topics

top topics

join