It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone feel hated?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I have a problem about equality for the opposite sex/other races. Im not saying women shouldnt be able to get jobs or be in politics or whatever, im just saying exactly equal treatment is NEVER going to happen... ever. Same with race, we put so much emphasis on equality but we are differant. no one is better or needs a day or month to recognise there culture when they should celebrate it every day. As you may of guessed im a white male so i recieve heat from almost everybody on the planet (women for being a man, blacks for being white, etc). for something I personaly never did, I have ALWAYS treated all cultures and the opposite sex with respect but i always feel as though all other cultures hold some kind of hatred for me for something that some white person or some man did to there ancestors (even though it very likley wasnt my ancestors involved in anything as we proboly didnt have the money to afford slaves and i am from canada) I may have ahd a few who treated women badly (but who didnt in those day) BUT, If men and women are EXACTLY equal a man should be able to stike a woman who pissed him off just as quick as another man. I believe there is a feminist day, there is no man day... i don't know about you but that is VERY equal. I dont know, i just felt i needed a rant. anyone else feel hatred toward them for no reason?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It is almost as though i am being discrimated agaist... JUST for the color of my skin, for somehting i didn't do.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm a white guy and I don't feel discriminated against at all. In fact I
realize what a privilege it is to be a member of the most powerful group of humans the world has ever known.

If you feel discriminated against....
Perhaps it's not because you are a white male, but because you're Canadian.

[edit on 25-4-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Perhaps it is a challenge for your to overcome?

At the end of the day it is all about your perspective, your attitude with dealing with issues like this.

How do you feel about yourself? The whole world could hate you, treat you badly, but if you love yourself, then that is all that matters.

Rise above it! It is all about attitude.

My understanding is a bit different with these things. As for being equal, we come into the world with nothing and when we die we leave with nothing, no one is immune from that = equality. All we really gain is wisdom from our experiences!

As Christ says: John 15:18: "If the World hates you, know that it hated me first"

[edit on 25-4-2008 by Thurisaz]

new topics

top topics

join