It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog crosses desert, mountains and somehow gets back home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser
Nice to read a 'happy' story for a change around here. Thanks, sc!
As far as the 'gotta love dogs'... well... I do, as long as they aren't mine. I have the same philosophy about kids
They just stink too much (the dogs, not the kids... but I'm sure some of you would disagree).

You must only encounter dogs with sebaceous glands. There are a few breeds that don't have them, and they don't have a "doggy" smell.

With reference to the OP: Dogs have abilities that we can only guess at. If they are allowed to explore their own intelligence, their problem solving skills are pretty amazing.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916
cats have their owners trained.

Thats the difference between dogs and cats...dogs have masters, but cats have staff

I don't know if cats have the same 'homing' instinct as dogs do in relation to this story, but it makes me think of this li'l guy...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith

Originally posted by Finn1916
cats have their owners trained.

Thats the difference between dogs and cats...dogs have masters, but cats have staff

For the most part I agree with you. But you've obviously never lived with a Basenji, Saluki, Sloughi, Pharaoh Hound, or any of the other truly ancient hounds that worked with but not for men for thousands of years.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kelbtalfenek

No I haven't, having been a member of my cat's staff for the last few years...though I am starting to 'learn dog' and just trying to get the basic body-language thing cracked.

I doubt my cat would have batted an eyelid at me moving out, and have just stayed put and expected the new home owners to know just how to feed him

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
After a while, stories like this one are just 'what the doctor ordered'!

Starred and Flagged for that 'feel good' moment!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thanks for all your responses, it's nice to see other animal lovers out there, and read your pet stories, I personally could go on and on about mine.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I just joined the ASPCA....$25 a month, the commercial got to me!!

WW

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Are you talking about the one with Sara McLaughlin singing 'In the arms of the Angel"?
That one got me too!

I didn't join but I did pledge and send in a donation. I used to work for our local Humane Society, got to meet Bob Barker and Doris Day, both wonderful advocates for animal rights, but the reality of what happens even in a 'humane' situation is that many , many of these animals come in abused, and never leave, they are euthenized. Spaying and nuetering are very important for control of unwanted animals.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join