It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a real life picture?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
I was wondering if this is real, CG, real and CG combines, or a toy model? upload.wikimedia.org...

Real. Large depth of field (rock up close are the only thing out of focus, and uniformly so). Look closely at all of the people (including the pilot) motion occurs more in some people and some body parts than others as the exposure was slightly elongated to let the pretty light have their "awe-inspiring" effect.

Do it work? Are you filled with awe?

Woody

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Definately real. Long exposure on a modern high definition camera will make a photo look like this.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
not convinced about the osprey,I think montage,the link to the second pic down on the "heres more proof "post of the heli is BLATANT PHOTOSHOP montage
1 Zoom in notice the feet on the ground controller .He is hovering not the heli lol.
2 zoom in on the heli and note the "selection "line all the way round the choppers perimeter.May as well have used a pencil

By the way I am a graphics proffesional,With an eye for intelligence detail.

I wonder if the ground crew in the osprey picture have there feet hidden for a reason ?

Montage of different elements.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
No doubt thats fake, although it could be conceptual art.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

Isn't it a scene from the movie Transformers?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
the aircraft is real look it up but the blue light has be put in on it

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
So I guess people still refuse to read the thread?

Why are some of you still saying it's fake?

It's clearly been discussed, it's not a fake, it's real.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I have read the thread ,see above ,couldnt find the osprey pics on the dod link given .

The heli landing is blatant photoshop/montage work,not saying it isnt good or from original photo elements

For a long exposure on the idling osprey there is a distinct lack of ANY dust in the air ,I have been to the desert it is very dusty.If there was enough wind to blur the figures at the rear of the airframe (but not the airframe itself?),where is the dust?There is no dustfalloff gradient ,eg the back of the image is as clear as the foreground )Or any hint of heat haze from exhaust.
Imo the green haze photostatic charge around the rotor perimeter blur is enhanced to perhaps cover the chop work on the image.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
No, No, NO you're all wrong. All the official photos with original EXIF data on the OFFICIAL department of defense website MUST be fake.
Read the thread, PLEASE!

How do you do HDR shots?

[edit on 21/6/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
If the sun is going down in the back of the picture, why is the side of the aircraft facing away from the sun lit up then? Shadows are wrong if the sun is behind the aircraft like the picture shows...

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
no dust from rotor washShould be some with long exposure,no heat haze ,and yes i have read the thread,cant find the osprey photos on the link tho ?Montage.Should I believe everything the dod publishes?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

It's about 80% down the page. And if the DoD publishes something with the original image data still attached, WITH credit to the photographer, that has no evidence of being faked, describing something that actually happened - then you darn better well beleive it.

And there cannot be dust because there is no dust, only pebbles. Props on the Osprey can change there pitch to vary amount of thrust made, why have them blowing dust everywhere when on the ground, rather than letting the engines idle saving valuable fuel?

Heat blur is a non-issue, take a look at any helicopter photo, very few will have heat blur.

[edit on 21/6/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Half-way through the thread, I made mention that I did a simple google-search for this photo. I got several hits from several different websites. The same photo over and over again. Each website credited the photographer.

Why should this photo be fake?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

"Heat blur is a non-issue, take a look at any helicopter photo, very few will have heat blur."
Really,Every photo of an osprey I have found ,where the aircraft is in seen against a background eg solid not air, show jet wash,

www.weeklystandard.com...

www.thenorthspin.com...

www.richard-seaman.com...

www.trunkneck.com...

www.cannon.af.mil...

images.google.co.uk...://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/061013-F-3500C-304.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dailyaviator.com/%3 Fm%3D20061013&h=1993&w=3000&sz=419&hl=en&start=20&tbnid=9xJiYUr7KB32lM:&tbnh=100&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dusaf%2Bosprey%2Bat%2Bnight%26start%3D18%2 6gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB
fficial%26sa%3DN
Found it harder if not impossible to find any images set against a background without wash blur...try yourself.

Also the able kane homepage itself makes reference to the photo having been enhanced in photoshop...so it is an altered image ..

Al Jumhuriyah al Iraqiyah – Republic of Iraq or is it Balad Airbase,are they the same place?

S o T

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

The ablekane website (the photographer)admits the photo has been enhanced in photoshop.
As for helis not showing jetwash ,I beg to differ,if the object set against a background eg not the air/sky you will see it even on idle,

ablekaneadventures.blogspot.com...

www.weeklystandard.com...

www.thenorthspin.com...

www.trunkneck.com...

www.cannon.af.mil...

images.google.co.uk...://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/061013-F-3500C-304.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dailyaviator.com/%3 Fm%3D20061013&h=1993&w=3000&sz=419&hl=en&start=20&tbnid=9xJiYUr7KB32lM:&tbnh=100&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dusaf%2Bosprey%2Bat%2Bnight%26start%3D18%2 6gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB
fficial%26sa%3DN

I found it harder to find images that did not show it when set against a background tbh.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It Does look like CGI tho..I think its a real Picture. and Looong Exposure setting was used on the Cam too achieve that effect..hers an example of that....

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

It looks like the plane was pasted on a CG background. If it's from wikimedia, don't take what they say about it being real seriously.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join