It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minor injury, severe pain!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I flew to Texas, not too long ago. To a wedding.
It was interesting, and fun..And Brides-to-be are legally insane. No doubt about it.

It was my niece, I gave her away.

Then I flew back from Texas, babysitting my Mother-in-law the whole way.
She had a window seat, myself, an aisle seat. The window was to my right, and she had me looking out, asking questions the whole time. She was nervous, bless her heart. She hadn't flown in 25 years, and was just trying to occupy her brain.

But turning my head to the right, for 5 hours took a minor toll on my neck muscles. I think I pulled something. Just a dull throb..not too bad..

But alas..I caught, what I call the "flying bus flu"..a few people on the plane were obviously nursing colds, and coughs. I got sick two days after my arrival back home. Just a minor fever..Just in time for my birthday..April 15th.

I awoke on that day, some of you call it income tax day..Feeling not awful, just a little crappy...And then it happened...I sneezed..A triple power sneeze.
On that third sneeze, something happened. I felt like I had been SHOT in the back!..My whole left side tingled, from the back of my neck, down the back, down the arm to the funny bone. I stretched or pinched a nerve back there,

Damn it hurts. on a scale of one to ten..It's always at least a 7, and peaks at Ten every so often. Being stoic, and non-verbal, I attempted to hide the pain, from my wife, my co workers. But everyone could read it on my face.

It's not a life threatening injury..But jeez it friggin hurts.
There are no comfortable positions. Sometimes, I move around a little, and it goes away for a minute or so.. Sometimes not moving at all is what helps..

I went to the doc, finally today. Valium, and Vicodan.
And one Grumpy nurse. Really grumpy. I wonder how HER neck feels?
I might finally sleep tonight..

[edit on 20-4-2008 by spacedoubt]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
A "V-2" cocktail (Valium and Vicodan) should certainly go a long way towards alleviating some of the pain you are feeling. Heaven knows, I've had my share of odd pains here and there through my life. One thing always helps me -- it might not "cure it" or take all the discomfort away bu the therapeutic ointment called Tiger Balm always give me quick relief.

I even enjoy the very spicy smell of the is balm or ointment. All I can suggest is that you give it a try.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
That's a great suggestion!

I've used that stuff in the past. Very powerful. And really produces some heat.
I do have a few Icy-hot patches. Those seem to help a little bit. And I'm on a heating pad right now.

I'll have my wife pick up some Tiger Balm tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me..!

join