It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Protest!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:
la2

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well, i was looking at an old news archive from 2000, when the Hauliers Association in the UK blockaded oil refineries in a mass protest against high oil prices, being made worse by the amount of tax government adds to it to create the price we pay on the forecourt.

That got me thinking.................

If enough people protest, and in a sufficiently noticable way, then change has to be enacted. the smoking ban, high taxes, high commodity prices when are we going to stop the governmants of our respective countries taking us for granted, we have let this go far enough and the time for action is now upon us.

here is where it starts, leading towards a GLOBAL protest, peaceful protest is our right, and its time we used it.

please get back to me with pledges of support and then I can work with people and come back with a detailed plan of how this is going to work, the key will be everyone, spreading the word, telling people of this post so we can make our voices finally heard!!!!!!!

A website will follow, i look forward to hearing ALL feedback, negative and positive, thank you for reading.

FACEBOOK GROUP SET UP UNDER THE NAME:

'Fuel Prices..................GLOBAL PROTEST DAY!!!!!!!!!'

[edit on 20-4-2008 by la2]

la2

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
For an example of how the government is failing to help, look at the UK's fuel prices, www.petrolprices.com...

it's shocking!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I've always wondered how a private corporation, designed to run for profit, can be trusted to supply such an essential commodity to the world.

The earth, the sun, the sky, the water, AND THE OIL are humanity's birthright.

Why does oil belong to corporations?

If the whole of humanity can be compared to a living organism, then oil would be its lifeblood. But you cannot sacrifice the heart, lungs, or any other organ of the body to pay provisions to the blood without killing the entire organism.

Prices this high are going to eventually kill every working system mankind has built.

This could get real ugly if the problem isn't addressed honestly, and remedied soon.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by ianr5741]

la2

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
exactly, it needs a joint effort globally to end governments adding 45% tax on top.

top topics

join