It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robbie Williams blames mum for UFO obsession

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Robbie Williams blames mum for UFO obsession

news.ninemsn.com.au

"Mum was a tarot card reader," he was quoted as saying. "She’d have people round and read their palms. She’d talk about spirits and ghosts."

“There'd be books about the world’s mysteries, elves, demons, witchcraft.

"I was so scared. I’d never talk to her about it … maybe that’s why I want to investigate UFOs and ghosts and everything."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well Robbie Williams seems to be a big thing for UFO believers at the moment. When such a famous person starts talking about UFO's and aliens it really makes the world stand up and notice, or at the very least start thinking about it for themselves.

I find this article interesting as it gives us a backstory into his newfound obsession. We know where he has come from so knowing where he is going is made easier.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentShadow

It's great that famous people talk about UFOs.

But this can also easily be used to discredit the subject. In this case , because it's Robbie Williams.

for example: ' Oh look, there's another drug addict artist with mental problems and a mum who reads tarot cards talking about UFOs.

So it has also a lot of disadvantage for the subject.

Ps: Your signature birds are making me crazy

[edit on 20-4-2008 by abovetech]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Its just great to hear about someone im a huge fan of speaking out about things he will get ridiculed and laughed over.

Lets not forget Robbie is a superstar. I hope he is the first and the one who will become the person that other people with power take as an example. So they will think "# it, i will speak my mind too".

Also, Abovetech, some respect would be great. Robbie is after all visiting this board and you wouldnt like reading about yourself being a junkie with an insane mother too...

[edit on 21/4/08 by TheNetherlands]

[edit on 21/4/08 by TheNetherlands]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands
Its just great to hear about someone im a huge fan of speaking out about things he will get ridiculed and laughed over.

The thing i have been wondering though, will this actually happen? or will people take notice and think that maybe such a superstar like Robbie believes there is something more to this world, maybe i should as well?

Originally posted by TheNetherlands
Also, Abovetech, some respect would be great. Robbie is after all visiting this board and you wouldnt like reading about yourself being a junkie with an insane mother too...

I too would like to echo this statement.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I understand what you mean. But i don't say that about Robbie like it's my opinion.
That's how a tabloid magazine or a ufo disinfo agent would misuse it.

It's great that he's around and the UFO subject and ATS will get more wide attention because of it.

I respect Robbie for speaking out. Sorry for the misinterpretation over here.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by abovetech]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by abovetech
That's how a tabloid magazine or a ufo disinfo agent would misuse it.

Sorry... i now understand you now... i re-read your original post and somehow overlooked the parenthesis.

Oh and you are not the only one that has made that comment regarding my signature lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Being of an earlier generation I guess I am not that well versed in Mr. Williams lore; and sincerely, no disrespect intended to him or any of his fan-base; but...,

Isn't this kind of 'celebrity voyeuristic' in the way of threads? I suppose it's all good, but does this kind of 'celebrity' celebration go on often around here?

new topics

top topics

join