It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afraid to Speak Out Against the Government?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
From time to time I have an urge to speak out against the U.S. while government fearing persecution. However, I falter everytime I start typing on forums, then I just clear the text and leave. I'm even afraid to joke threats of about the government in anyway suspecting that the CIA will find me and I'll never see light again.

Speaking against the police will get you in trouble, flaming bureaucrats will just end up with surveillance and ignorance.

I want to say something, but I can't, not even on this forum. I can't even talk about somethings with my friends. The words just won't come out.
I mean right now I can't even spit out words that may cause suspicion.

Saying that the government is oppressive and sucking is ineffective knowing that there's way better words out there to make the government fear the people.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yes, that fear is very powerful. Especially since you probably think you're going to be standing alone. Perhaps you feel you'll die in vain by speaking out. But here's the thing you need to remember. Doing nothing is the same as trying to do something and failing. You may be able to milk a few more years for your own enjoyment by remaining silent, but at the end of the day if there's an NWO waiting in the wings, the odds are good you're going to be screwed whether you speak out or stay silent. You lose either way. The only way to win is to stand up, and to get others to stand up with you.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
No need to make threats when you can state things in the hypothetical or entertaining form. You dont see writers and directors and producors to movies about assasinating an government official or conspiring to rob a bank put under watch or even arrested for making threats to the government or conspirings against banks in a movie, now do you? Why is that you should have already knew.

Yes, there is a way to speak your threats and your conspirings in ways the government cant do anything about it.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I was going to start a thread along these lines last night - but got carried away doing something else.

I have never been so scared to speak my mind, in my life. Even now I check and re-check what i write, for fear that i am breaking some law i have not read or been told about.

I talked to a friend about whether she thinks all these new anti terror laws are a good thing or a bad thing and she said - only the people who are doing something wrong have something to worry about.

Interesting spin.

Makes me wonder if it is because we have not used our 'freedoms' for so long they figure they can do away with them because nobody cares any more. They have almost everybody hooked in the globalist machine - and those they haven't hooked come off as conspiracy theorist kooks.

I also asked her about the population of the world being slaves to the banks and she said, 'you don't have to work. you could choose to live another type of lifestyle. But because you want the things you want you have to work.'

I weighed it up, and she is right. you could get by not working. But you would not last very long. And if you could, it wouldn't be much of a life. There are not many things one can do for free these days.

What can we do, it only seems to be getting worse.

Blurry

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yes, you are making a good point.

Even these days, it seems that you cannot speak out about the goverment. I mean, with the Patriot Act watching us, and goverment agencies getting away with just about anything they want to, you do hesitate while doing this.

My solution is this: If you get skunked, sue the bastards.

I mean, if you get 'abucted' by the CIA (LOL
) or think you are being followed, I mean, just spam it all over the internet, call the FBI, do whatever you like, and DEMAND YOUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

That is my opinon on the matter, because no matter what, The People will win everytime if 'everybody' knows of it. (Besides OJ
)

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well I will do it

The governement are money hungry, power tripped monsters, hiding facts from the US public while only looking out for themselves. The CIA are liars and frauds..NASA hides facts....9/11 was caused by the US government and the towers were blown up. George Bush is war monger and puppet of the NWO and will turn the US into and NWO controlled region. The FBI is full of it and the government is mind controlling the public while spraying them with deadly chemicals and suppresing free speech

Ok now I am going to dissapear for a few days and hopefully you will think I got kidnapped by the CIA....rofl

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This is a fight that has its risks, but we are all soldiers in this war.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right... is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last. But eat you he will!" - Ronald Reagan

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

"The only thing that is necessary for evil to triumph is for men of good will to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I am not afraid to speak out, and why is every one else?
I dont see anyone being arrested for speaking out.
If you all love your freedom, being quiet will cost you all everything.
If you all are not going to fight for your Freedom, then YOU dont deserve it
People are afraid to be around me, when I talk about our Evil Government.
Hey I only speak the truth ,and I will not sit by and be scared.
When the Government starts locking up American for speaking out on the Government wrong doing then I would have to say it time to arm your self
and when they come kicking in your front door to Arrest You, because they dont like what you are talking about.
Then they are there to take your rights away from you, your FREEDOM.
THEY ARE THE ENEMY they are the TERRORISTS!
I am an AMERICAN I love my FREEDOM and I WILL NOT SHUT MY MOUTH!!
and those of you who coward away dont deseve your freedom.
I prey to G-D that there are more Americans like me.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by cashlink]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Well I will do it

The governement are money hungry, power tripped monsters, hiding facts from the US public while only looking out for themselves. The CIA are liars and frauds..NASA hides facts....9/11 was caused by the US government and the towers were blown up. George Bush is war monger and puppet of the NWO and will turn the US into and NWO controlled region. The FBI is full of it and the government is mind controlling the public while spraying them with deadly chemicals and suppresing free speech

Ok now I am going to dissapear for a few days and hopefully you will think I got kidnapped by the CIA....rofl

Well you are in Australia, so it doesn't really matter what you say about the US government. It's not quite the same as it is for an American.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Frankly I almost didn't sign up as a member on ATS because of the worry of being put on some sort of watch list. But then again at THIS point in it all, we're all "crackpot conspiracy theorists" who shouldn't be taken seriously anyway right??? Or are we being looked at by big brother, if Orwell only knew.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I speak out to some extent, but I don't go overboard. And if I am saying something that I know I shouldn't be I use hypotheticals.

Our first amendment gives us the right to free speech we should not be afraid to speak out for what we believe or do not believe in. Its just a form of control to instill that fear into each and everyone of us. One reason I love ATS is because we can talk about things that the everyday person is oblivious to.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

...and he sees the sword coming upon the land and (B)blows on the trumpet and warns the people, 4then he who hears the sound of the trumpet and (C)does not take warning, and a sword comes and takes him away, his (D)blood will be on his own head.

5'He heard the sound of the trumpet but did not take warning; his blood will be on himself. But had he taken warning, he would have (E)delivered his life.

6'But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is (F)taken away in his iniquity; but his (G)blood I will require from the watchman's hand.'
EZEKIEL 33:1-6 www.biblegateway.com...:1-6&version=49

yes, i agree w/fore-warning people. that would be meeting my responsibility in the scheme of things.

and that is what i am trying to warn people in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
don't be such a coward....stand up and say what you believe !!

I do all the time !...I do not fear the government......they should fear me !

for I have a mind that cannot be controlled.....

for I have a mouth that cannot be shut.....

for I have a will that cannot be crushed.....

If the government has a problem with me then bring it on ! I don't fear kids and their idle threats.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Right now it's not just the government that I'm afraid of, it's also people around me. I don't want to undirectly imply something racial or discrimnating whitout intentions, however it happens and I get in trouble for it. People sue for the slightest sign of discrimination and there are always some organization to back them up. Sometimes I wonder if theres only 100 words in the English vocabulary that's actually neutral in meaning.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ianr5741

This is a fight that has its risks, but we are all soldiers in this war.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right... is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last. But eat you he will!" - Ronald Reagan

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

"The only thing that is necessary for evil to triumph is for men of good will to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein

Never be afraid of govt.Govts fear us.We have the power not them.In a free country you have the right to voice your opinion BUT not the right to make death threats.If Neo-Nazis can march in Washington ,the capital of the U.S ,then you have the right to express your displeasure with govt.They cannot throw you in jail for it.If they do its political suppression.And political suppression IS a mandate for rebellion.It has been for centuries.It also is well within your rights afforded by the Constitution of the United States of America.That being said of course,make sure you dont violate local laws.Speaking of laws,all citizens should educate themselves on what police can and cannot do.For example i found out recently,that police cannot ask you for ID nor can they ask you to get in a police car either if they have no reasonable cause.That being said ,it does not mean that you can be rude to them either.Now your local laws may differ,but make sure you know what they are.

A good example here,i recently was stopped by police on foot because an alarm had gone off silently and police were responding and i just happened to be walking by.I cooperated with them once they had told me about the alarm going off.I have no record and havent broken any laws.So when they punched in my name it was a blank...no criminal record.I cooperated to ease any fears they might have had about me(long hair ,leather jacket).Only those who consistantly break laws or have a violent record are the only ones that fear the cops and/or govt for that matter.

new topics

top topics

join