It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want some info??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Alright, My dad recently spent about 8 months in iraq. He has 300+ pictures, and I think some from a CNN photographer. I just wanted to let you guys know that if you have any questions regarding the war, or would like to see pictures, Post your questions. Of course my father cannot answer all questions due to security reasons. I don't think the government would like him to give away our positions and stuf...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
If you have pictures great!.

Can you post them up here?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Sure... I'll just have to find the pictures first, When I do. I'll make a whole thread based on nothing but the pictures.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Sweet....

Questions:

1. How are the Iraqi people REALLY responding to the occupation?
2. Are utilities, etc. up and running again?
3. Are kids going to school, people to work, etc.?
4. Have they met any Iraqis they'd call friend?
5. Did he personally witness some evidence of Saddam's atrocities (kids in prison, etc.)?
6. Do some troops have a specific date they can go home?

For starters....

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I can already answer 5 and 6.

Did he witness any kin of saddam? No. the closest he came was when he stayed in Kusay's, or however you spell it, palace. Most of the troops there in iraq were staying in Saddams palaces. I think I have a picture saved on the comp of the palace... I'll try to find it.

Do troops have specific return dates? No. They could tell you your heading home tomorrow, but then 5 minutes before you leave, keep you there for another 5 months. When my dad was in iraq, he somehow got back for christmas, but was sent right back again. The military sends you home when they don't need you anymore. There is no specific return date.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Do troops have specific return dates? No. They could tell you your heading home tomorrow, but then 5 minutes before you leave, keep you there for another 5 months. When my dad was in iraq, he somehow got back for christmas, but was sent right back again. The military sends you home when they don't need you anymore. There is no specific return date.

That is because that information is HIGHLY classified and is not released until almost the last second. You should tread lightly on that subject in the future.

Big brother is wathing you (and reading what you post).

top topics

join