It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need The Dog and Cat Fur Prohibition Enforcement Act of 2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Protect consumers and animals by stopping the sale of fur from raccoon dogs—a member of the dog family sometimes skinned alive in China—and requiring all fur garments to be labeled. Recent HSUS tests showed that animal fur is frequently mislabeled or marked as faux fur.

Dog fur is being sold in the United States on fur jackets that are not labeled. Dog fur is also being sold as faux fur.

Raccoon dog fur is being sold nationwide on jackets that are not labeled. Raccoon dog fur is also being sold as faux fur, raccoon fur, or coyote fur.

Approximately one out of seven fur products sold in the United States are not required to have a label that tells consumers that they are buying real fur, the species, or the country the animal was killed in.

Whatever their stance on fur, consumers have a right to know what they are getting.

Half of all finished fur products entering the United States come from China, where dogs, cats, and raccoon dogs are all killed for their fur, sometimes being skinned alive.

Link and a VERY GRAPHIC VIDEO.

I thought Ive seen it all. How wrong I was. To the Chinese who kill these animals and the Americans who buy these furs, shame on you. Do anything good ever come out of China?

[edit on 20-4-2008 by Master_Wii]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Wow, I hope karma comes back to get them. Anybody up for a human trench coat?

I love dogs and animals alike and this makes me angry. I hope the dogs bite, and kill every last one of them. And for the people wearing it, their arms should be skinned, just to see what a poor dog has to go through, in order for them to look like a rich pompous jerk off.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

TAKE ACTION:
Please ask your U.S. Representative to support and co-sponsor the Dog and Cat Fur Prohibition Enforcement Act of 2007. You can reach your Representative by calling the Capitol switchboard at 202-224-3121, or click here to find your Representative's office phone number.

After you make your phone call, please fill in and submit the form at the right to automatically send a follow-up email to your Representative urging support for the Dog and Cat Fur Prohibition Enforcement Act of 2007 (H.R. 891). Be sure to make your message even more effective by putting it into your own words!

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by schism85

Seeing as how some of the fur is labeled as faux fur or not labeled at all, i think that's a bit of a hard stance to take.
I'm not much of a fur person myself, I do have a few pieces of leather, mainly in the form of belts and knife sheaths. But there it's from a cow that was butchered for meat, bones for fertilizaer, ect. An animal killed just for it's kin is wrong.

join