It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awakening Souls

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose

No more anger, no more hate, no more arguing with those who just don't "get it". No more blame. Just personal responsibility, cooperation, and harmony with like minded souls. We can not resist, only make it through this situation.

I'll have a slice of that pie

This is a good foundation for a new age.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Justice11

Those needing drugs to assist them would be best using en.wikipedia.org... its legal, only lasts 5-10 mins and can be grown in your own home and eaten without the need to smoke anything. it has no deaths attributed to it and has been used by sages for a very VERY long time and is the "holy plant" behind some of the most amazing visions and realizations in history

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I Had Enough?

Am I the only guy in this country who's fed up with what's happening? Where the hell is our outrage? We should be screaming bloody murder. We've got a gang of clueless bozos steering our ship of state right over a cliff, we've got corporate gangsters stealing us blind, and we can't even clean up after a hurricane much less build a hybrid car. But instead of getting mad, everyone sits around and nods their heads when the politicians say, "Stay the course."

Stay the course? You've got to be kidding. This is America, not the damned Titanic. I'll give you a sound bite: Throw the bums out!

You might think I'm getting senile, that I've gone off my rocker, and maybe I have. But someone has to speak up. I hardly recognize this country anymore. The President of the United States is given a free pass to ignore the Constitution, tap our phones, and lead us to war on a pack of lies. Congress responds to record deficits by passing a huge tax cut for the wealthy (thanks, but I don't need it). The most famous business leaders are not the innovators but the guys in handcuffs. While we're fiddling in Iraq, the Middle East is burning and nobody seems to know what to do. And the press is waving pom-poms instead of asking hard questions. That's not the promise of America my parents and yours traveled across the ocean for. I've had enough. How about you?

www.bordersstores.com...
i am mad

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cpt. Monty
I'm glad to see people rallying together in a combined effort to "want" to bring down corruption, but...

How do you play on fighting against corrupt governments across the world? Honestly if you think marching on D.C. with some signs is going to change the world you are very wrong. If you are proposing full blown revolution than you may need to wait a bit longer...because taking a couple dozen guys from this forum and trying to take back the country for the people will only end in your rebellion being crushed and the government report saying that you guys attempted a terrorist attack against the United States (or any country you take up arms in).

You need to rally a bit more people....maybe a couple million more...at least.

If we confront the oppressor with the same means they do they will squash us and thats a fact. waging war on them or carrying out Terrorist attacks or forming gorilla groups won't work as you will be quickly made example of. But remember inside those circles of power there are people whom are in the awakening stages also. The change must start within us and then it will emanate outward as light into a dark room the truth will become undeniable for all.

If you feel as strongly about this as I do then you will spread the truth and tell those to do also. If you can help only one you will have done a great deal.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePiemaker
Certainly, that's why you tug at the strings of religion to manipulate these fools into acting.

I'm not sure what you are meaning? I for one hold no credence to the Religious corporations and do not advise it.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrdyn
reply to post by Cpt. Monty

The longest journey starts with a single step - and I don't know about anybody else, but I'm certainly not condoning terrorism, or any other kind of violence. That's a mugs game.

I have to agree with that 100% AND I CAN'T STRESS THAT ENOUGH!!!
Terrorism no matter for what ever reason is not acceptable in any situation.
This is what the Oppressor will use to make us love him with FEAR, and I say NO!!! I'LL Have my FREEDOM instead.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ANTHONY33

there are billions of people who claim belief in these religions, religions that for the most part preach about peace, about being good men and being rewarded in an afterlife. and yet the followers of these religions pay no attention to what their religion is about. they believe out of fear, but they don't even know what they fear. they fear hell, but they don't realize that claiming belief won't spare them from a hell. you have to prove your belief. there's no reason to belief if your actions aren't going to reflect that belief.

That's what we have to focus on. getting the religious to prove their belief.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANTHONY33

I'm glad to see people rallying together in a combined effort to "want" to bring down corruption, but...

How do you play on fighting against corrupt governments across the world? Honestly if you think marching on D.C. with some signs is going to change the world you are very wrong. If you are proposing full blown revolution than you may need to wait a bit longer...because taking a couple dozen guys from this forum and trying to take back the country for the people will only end in your rebellion being crushed and the government report saying that you guys attempted a terrorist attack against the United States (or any country you take up arms in).

You need to rally a bit more people....maybe a couple million more...at least.

If we confront the oppressor with the same means they do they will squash us and thats a fact. waging war on them or carrying out Terrorist attacks or forming gorilla groups won't work as you will be quickly made example of. But remember inside those circles of power there are people whom are in the awakening stages also. The change must start within us and then it will emanate outward as light into a dark room the truth will become undeniable for all.

If you feel as strongly about this as I do then you will spread the truth and tell those to do also. If you can help only one you will have done a great deal.

How do you propose confronting the oppressor then? With words of peace? Okay, just so you know, forming a sect of peaceful protesters only works to a certain point, but it's not going to overthrow a government and replace it with a hand holding global population that shares everything. Even in that scenario, it would only be a matter of time before someone felt that urge to power, that want to have control over things, and the people, around him/her. That's part of human nature, to strive for some control, some people take that a bit further than others. If that one person, or people with a like mindedness started to stir things up in your "utopia" then it would not take long for factions to form, and there you have it, worst case scenario happens and you have a bunch of groups who all originally worshiped peace, now fighting against each other to either defend their freedom or to establish a government to control them. That would just lead to Communism at some point I'm sure.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hi everyone.

I dont like the way our Government is heading.
I am still in shock, after I found out we where lied to about the war!
Now I am seeing our own Government turning againce us, useing the terrorist act.
To intimidation ( police state) to instilling fear useing the media.
I used to be a christian NOT ANY MORE I found the truth about Religion
It was writting by MAN. nothing more needs to be said.
Everything is Corrupt! that includes Religion, nothing to debate on the subject.
I did study N.D.E. Near Death Experience for over two years and had an A.D.C. myself.
I really beleive in God and I know God is everywhere and in all of us and every living thing.
There is a lot of dark Energy on this planet I feel I am one that is of Good Energy.
We need to raise up againce this Evil and stop them and this WILL happened.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
As expected, we have several main points of view. There are those who are spiritually attracted, willing to discuss the merits of change but will in fact do nothing that will alter their own lives. We have those who can see no further than a doomed armed rebellion, whilst others see a bunch of ‘tree-hugging no-hopers’ who will be as effective as a chocolate teapot against those who hold the power and the purse strings.

It’s not about power, it’s not about weapons, religion or money. It’s about control. We are controlled because we allow ourselves to be. We don’t care because we are dumbed down, sedated, isolated, manipulated and spoon fed.

Those that think of exerting pressure, changing opinion, forcing decisions etc have got the wrong idea. If you want to change the world, first change yourself.

Big changes will only really affect the generation that experiences the change. Our children will accept a new way of thinking as the right way to be.

There are many small things we can all do that will lead to bigger and better changes in our lives:

1. Avoid using money whenever you can. Exchange things – barter - offer services - do it for free – If you have something you don’t use, give it to somebody who will. You will reap what you sow.

2. Don’t use a car unless absolutely necessary. Get a bicycle. Use public transport. Set up car sharing schemes if you have to use a car. Get a smaller car. Do anything to use less fuel.

3. Change what you eat. Don’t consume anything that is in short supply.

4. Prepare a weekly menu and only get what you need for that menu. Don’t hold a freezer full of food that you won’t use.

5. Eat at the dining table with family and friends over meals that you have prepared yourself. Avoid eating out unless absolutely necessary.

6. If you have weapons, get rid of them.

7. Avoid movies, TV, games, etc that promote violence. Children especially are being desensitized by gratuitous violence and aggression to the point where they think it is normal behaviour.

8. Never fly anywhere. Get a train or boat if you have to.

9. Grow your own vegetables. Teach your children how to grow them from seeds that you have collected yourself (dry the seeds and freeze them for a few days to ‘winter’ them out). You can even grow tomatoes and peppers etc in pots on your apartment window sill.

10. Turn the TV off at the mains. Read a book – go for a walk – learn to paint etc.

11. Fit low energy light bulbs and turn lights off when there’s nobody in the room.

12. Talk with your family, especially your children. Read to them and let them read to you.

13. If you have fallen out with somebody, apologize and make up, even if it wasn’t your fault.

14. Get hold of a huge tub of flour and start baking your own bread from scratch. If you make too much, give some to your neighbours.

15. If you have neighbours who you’ve never spoken to properly, go and introduce yourself. Invite them around to dinner one evening.

16. Start thinking about other people first, rather than yourself. Be kind – respectful – go out of your way to help somebody.

17. Confront your prejudices. Admit them, accept them and get rid of them. Prejudice is usually based on your own fear and lack of understanding. Face them head on and stop being so narrow minded.

18. Lay off the drugs, alcohol and cigarettes. It’s the oldest trick in the book. It’s pretty much how prisoners are controlled these days – and I don’t mean those in prison.

Many of you will be saying that I do pretty much of that already. Some will find most of these things impossible to do. Most of you will be thinking 'how will this change anything?'

The point is, any one of those small changes above will change you. It’s you and I who have to change – not everybody else.

Once we have begun to accept that we can change the way each of us lives and thinks, then we will begin to have the confidence to make bigger changes later. It’s pretty much like a tall ladder with our goal at the top. All you have to do is take it one rung at a time.

These changes will effectively begin to help you regain control of yourself and your life. Those that think you already are, need to take your sunglasses off.

[edit on 22/4/08 by Myrdyn]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrdyn

Myrdyn, while I agree that the goals you proposed would be beneficial to any individual, I do believe that thinking that changing oneself will affect anybody else. People are shaped in part by their personal philosophies, and also in part by the environment around them, ranging from poverty and crime to arrogance and wealthiness. I do see how making the changes you stated in our everyday lives would be a good goal to have, but ultimately, I do not believe most of those are realistic, and the ones that are, are so minor in the large scheme of things that they won't matter anyway. What many of you fail to see, IMO, is that, yes individuality is great, but in this world, society does matter. We have a huge global population, and one person's change will not change the world, don't believe that environmentalist propaganda. I will not tell you why I do not think your goals will work too well, one by one, in response to the order you posted them:

1. Bartering is outdated. Everything is purchased with currency now. You would get, essentially, nowhere, and be living a impoverished lifestyle quickly.

2. Using less fuel, via bicycle or walking or what have you is a great goal, I agree, but in this modern age, vehicles are becoming more and more necessary as cities and populations expand.

3. We should be a bit more aware of what we eat, but just because one person stops eating a particular food that is in short supply doesn't mean it will change things for the better.

4. Good goal to have, it will make your lifestyle better, but once again, in the larger scheme of things in terms of societal change, will do nothing.

5. I agree, association with family is nice.

6. Weapons are feared by many, but getting rid of firearms just to live a better, peaceful life, will not stop the burglar from shooting you! Keeping a sidearm or any weapon for defensive reasons is not a bad thing.

7. Avoiding violent things would be nice, but violence isn't only found in video games and movies. Have you watched the news in the past 7 years?

8. Never fly anywhere? Some people have demanding, long distance jobs. Taking a boat or train isn't an option. Not to mention those take longer than flying, the convenience of flight is amazing.

9. Having a garden is a great idea, but once again the convenience of having someone else grow vegetables for you, and the lack of time for becoming a farmer for some people just makes it easier to buy produce at a grocery store.

10. Watching Television all of the time is a bad idea. Your goal here is a good one that is actually possible for anyone to partake in.

11. Like number 10, this one is a bit more feasible and realistic, a good goal. (Although having to wait 20 minutes for the light bulb to actually light the room is a pain!)

12. Good goal to have, family time is precious.

13. Apologizing to those you've offended/hurt is always a good plan, but this will not help a large number of people in anyway.

14. Baking is a nice skill to have, but we have bakers and stores for the convenience of not having to do it for ourselves.

15 & 16. Neither of these will help the world, but have the potential to inspire others to do good like yourself, but it probably make a large dent in society.

17. Getting rid of personal prejudices is a good goal too, but other people aren't going to change just because you do. Environmental factors, especially in older generations, have stuck to people.

18. Staying away from drugs and alcohol is okay, but some people have alcoholism in their blood, so not everyone can abide to this as well as others, once again environmental factors can make decisions for people here.

I don't mean to put a negative twist on your goals by the way, I'm just posting potential counter arguments to them, albeit brief. I do respect anyone who decides to live by your goals however.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Cpt Monty

Thank you for taking the time to read what I had to say and responding in the way you did. It is greatly appreciated.

I agree with you entirely - The personal changes of an individual would have absolutely no effect whatsoever on society as a whole. Unless of course it was you.

Don't look for change anywhere other than in yourself. I don't expect to find it elsewhere. I would be too busy watching what I do.

Where applicable I have added responses to your quoted reply below:

reply to post by Myrdyn

1. Bartering is outdated. Everything is purchased with currency now. You would get, essentially, nowhere, and be living a impoverished lifestyle quickly.

Of course it's outdated, but it worked very well for thousands of years. At present it would be impossible to forget about money altogether. I'm merely suggesting that where possible it could be avoided.

2. Using less fuel, via bicycle or walking or what have you is a great goal, I agree, but in this modern age, vehicles are becoming more and more necessary as cities and populations expand.

If you need to, fine. If it can be avoided, even better. Not everyone lives in big cities. Anyhow, I live in a fairly large town and at rush hour you can get around just as quickly on a bicycle - It beats all the traffic jams.

3. We should be a bit more aware of what we eat, but just because one person stops eating a particular food that is in short supply doesn't mean it will change things for the better.

This is simply a case of habitual eating and paying whatever is demanded for it. If the price goes up because of a shortage, switch to something else. The price will go back down. You will be in control.

4. Good goal to have, it will make your lifestyle better, but once again, in the larger scheme of things in terms of societal change, will do nothing.

Regarding the over-full freezer - This is an initial small stab at reducing over-consumerism and general waste of resources.

5. I agree, association with family is nice.

6. Weapons are feared by many, but getting rid of firearms just to live a better, peaceful life, will not stop the burglar from shooting you! Keeping a sidearm or any weapon for defensive reasons is not a bad thing.

Let's hope these nasty burglars read this thread. If you feel safer carring a weapon, then so be it. Nobody is telling you what to do.

7. Avoiding violent things would be nice, but violence isn't only found in video games and movies. Have you watched the news in the past 7 years?

I was in the British Army for 22 years. I know what violence is and how it can affect people.

8. Never fly anywhere? Some people have demanding, long distance jobs. Taking a boat or train isn't an option. Not to mention those take longer than flying, the convenience of flight is amazing.

Convenience is part of being dumbed down. If you have to fly, fine. If you don't, don't.

9. Having a garden is a great idea, but once again the convenience of having someone else grow vegetables for you, and the lack of time for becoming a farmer for some people just makes it easier to buy produce at a grocery store.

Convenience again. Yes it is easier.. What is it JFK said about flying to the Moon? We are going, not because it is easy.. etc. He was a nice man, but apparently not very convenient.

10. Watching Television all of the time is a bad idea. Your goal here is a good one that is actually possible for anyone to partake in.

11. Like number 10, this one is a bit more feasible and realistic, a good goal. (Although having to wait 20 minutes for the light bulb to actually light the room is a pain!)

You're exaggerating a little.

12. Good goal to have, family time is precious.

13. Apologizing to those you've offended/hurt is always a good plan, but this will not help a large number of people in anyway.

Not trying to help a large number of people. Just you.

14. Baking is a nice skill to have, but we have bakers and stores for the convenience of not having to do it for ourselves.

There's that 'C' word again. Want to be Mr Nice or Mr Convenient?

15 & 16. Neither of these will help the world, but have the potential to inspire others to do good like yourself, but it probably make a large dent in society.

17. Getting rid of personal prejudices is a good goal too, but other people aren't going to change just because you do. Environmental factors, especially in older generations, have stuck to people.

18. Staying away from drugs and alcohol is okay, but some people have alcoholism in their blood, so not everyone can abide to this as well as others, once again environmental factors can make decisions for people here.

Not aiming this at 'some people'. I agree, everyone should be free to make their own decisions.

I don't mean to put a negative twist on your goals by the way, I'm just posting potential counter arguments to them, albeit brief. I do respect anyone who decides to live by your goals however.

Your points are not negative at all. You agree with some and disagree with others. I like to be a 'glass half-full' person. If there is even one point above that you think would help you feel more in control of your life, then we're onto a winner.

Once again, thanks for your words.

Best wishes

Myrdyn

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think if you guys read the book you will have a better understanding. You are thinking in 3D terms which wont work when the route of the problem is controlled at higher levels so there for must be met with a deeper level of intent above the third dimension.

www.nomorehoaxes.com...
'PLEASE READ THE HANDBOOK '

Ps its George Greens book NOT MINE
[edit on 22-4-2008 by ANTHONY33]

[edit on 23-4-2008 by ANTHONY33]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I think if you guys read the book you will have a better understanding. You are thinking in 3D terms which wont work when the route of the problem is controlled at higher levels so there for must be met with a deeper level of intent above the third dimension.

www.nomorehoaxes.com...
www.nomorehoaxes.com...
www.nomorehoaxes.com...
www.nomorehoaxes.com...
www.nomorehoaxes.com...
www.nomorehoaxes.com...
www.nomorehoaxes.com...
'PLEASE READ THE HANDBOOK BEFORE MAKING ANY MORE ASSUMTIONS'

[edit on 22-4-2008 by ANTHONY33]

Before I even begin to read your handbook, I propose a question to you. Does the handbook not make assumptions?

(Also I probably won't have much time to read through this handbook considering my busy schedule.)

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Cpt. Monty]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Anthony, have you read 'The Terra Papers' by Robert Morning Sky?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Hi Anthony, thank you for your post!! Its great to know that people are starting to realize 'we can't fight fire with fire'. I have read countless articles and arguments on the state of affairs on the NWO and watched countless videos... we all know things are not right and we would like to live in a beautiful world.. a world without hunger and greed etc, and things must change and they will... all we need is to get together on this and change the way we think and that of others, we can't keep on knocking people down with arguments, we have to use kindness and logic and watch that our own ego's don't get in the way. I don't want any sort of label either...

I'm just a human being with this thing called skin covering me and it is not meant to offend anyone because of its colour ... (I'm a sort of white pinkish colour and I like to go a little brown in the summer lol) The governments are hell bent on humiliating their fellowman and so have we all been guilty at some time... We all need to play our part and take responsibility. Thankyou for your post

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Before I even begin to read your handbook, I propose a question to you. Does the handbook not make assumptions?

(Also I probably won't have much time to read through this handbook considering my busy schedule.)

Well according to George Green and whom gave him that information it's not assumption. The book is free for all that wish to read. If you feel you have more pressing matters to attend to that is your will.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Well according to George Green and whom gave him that information it's not assumption. The book is free for all that wish to read. If you feel you have more pressing matters to attend to that is your will.

Well then who exactly is this George Green guy? And where exactly did he and whoever gave him the information get the information?

Also, I just opened the PDF and scrolled down a bit and started reading a couple bits and pieces of the text here and there, and the whole time I couldn't help but get his vibe as if it was trying to convince people just to get a cult following for the "New Paradigm." I also don't understand how exactly this "New Paradigm" is going to change the world for the better in anyway if all it promotes is doing only as you must do and letting everything "evil" fall apart (as I interpreted in No. 22). That would take much longer than we have time for, and a bigger change is bound to take place before corrupt governments stop functioning simply because people stop going out of their way to help it. I realize peaceful resolutions are always the best, but if you hope to inspire change in national/international governments and corrupt sectors in society, sitting lazily as a group to do nothing, is hardly doing something.l

Please correct me if I'm misinterpreting this in anyway. I also assume that you have a 100% understanding of the text yourself since you were the one who gave it to us to have a peek at.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Anthony, I am with you 100%. I see so widely and have, for years now, tried to inform anyone who would listen.

Let's just keep it up. What more can we do?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join