It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul As An Independant?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Since he didn't get the republican nomination, why doesn't Ron Paul run as an independant?

(And if he already is why is there no coverage?)

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Oh man .. you are a tease! I thought you had info on that!!
I got all excited. Now I have to calm down!

Someone wake me up from my nap when he announces ....

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Not that was my hope, was that someone else would know something. But no luck so far. I think he should at least be on the ballot just to see how many people end up voting for him, because the options now..are..well..sad.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hes got the Libertarian ticket.

Why run as an independent?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Because they don't have a party?

I don't agree with all of his politics, and he woudlnt win anyways, maybe he could get more than the 5% nader did and put the scare in 'em tho.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Seems active enough.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
There is no point of him even running. The only chance he has is if regular citizens do the vote count instead of big corporations.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Because he knows that the majority of people in the U.S. usually vote for the party that's most popular. Because voting on a person that has no chance to win is a wasted vote...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Why wuld you people care if he runs as an independant or rupublican. We know he will not win, either way.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Because he knows that the majority of people in the U.S. usually vote for the party that's most popular. Because voting on a person that has no chance to win is a wasted vote...

I know thats the pragmatic side of it... but realistically who gives a flying monkey's excrement which of the two main parties gets in- there isnt going to be any real radical change that America so desperately needs.

Thus if you are to waste your physical vote on Paul, go ahead... since a vote for anyone else is wasted in a moral sense.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Exactly my point. With attitudes like these it's not surprising that the same two parties always win.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

I'm not a U.S. citizen, but I'm commenting on the same thing that's been said by numerous U.S. members here on ATS. There are a lot of different political parties with candidates running for president, still they are ignored in favor of those of the two big parties.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

This is the exact problem with America. If everyone would vote for the person who truly fits the ideals of the individual voter, then we would have a very different outcome. I know an awful lot of people who agree with Ron Paul on more points than they do Hillary, Barack or McCain put together. They won't ever cast their vote for Paul, however, because he has no chance of winning. If people weren't so worried about whether their guy was THE guy or not, he may very well have a much better chance of winning.

This way of thinking is very, very limiting and will always be a hinderance here in the states.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ron Paul has stated several times that he would not run as an independent candidate. I wish he had gotten the republican ticket as I would've voted for him I think. As it is now, Obama, Clinton, or McCain is going to end up being President and I think the policies of all three are going to hurt the country. So much for choices.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hopefully he will at least keep his seat in congress. He is a good man to have around. Probably the last chance the country had...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Does anyone know why he refuses to run as an independant?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Tenebrous

Because he won't win. If he runs, he'll just steal a few votes from the democrats, and that's all.

I would have voted for Paul if it came around to NC in the primaries, but I wouldn't for him in a Presidential election as an independent.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I cant stand the western media and how they view Paul as an "extremist" or "radicalist."

People are so washed up these days, its horrible. Everybody bites onto the Obama and Clinton craze without question on anything..

Sad.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tenebrous

See my posts in this thread. It wouldn't be worth it for him.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

Because he won't win. If he runs, he'll just steal a few votes from the democrats, and that's all.

I think he'd steal from both parties equally for the most part. Conservatives like most of his economic policies while democrats like his anti-war stance. The point is, like you said, he knows he cannot win with the current two party system we have so why waste the time and effort?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join