It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I give up.... CGI or real???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Seems a believable "pic" or "vid" would have to be corroborated with;

Multiple eyewitness testimony - Captured by MSM - Physical evidence, etc..

A "pic" or "vid" alone is not gonna do it anymore because the tools for producing fakes are really good in the hands of a professional. . .

2PacSade-

spelling

[edit on 20-4-2008 by 2PacSade]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
just show me one good pic.. ???? not all fuzzy.. out of focus .... with the equipement we got now.. and all the people looking at the stars with those huge telescopes.. and great camera equipement... just give me one good pic.. ????????????

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Nowadays , just an image or video is nothing.
CGI is easy to accomplish with some average knowledge of compositing, motion tracking and 3D.

It's sad but true. I'm pretty sure most of these video's are from these sources

a. 15 minutes of fame
b. religious ufo people
c. disinfo
d. people who respect the subject and make a wonderful visualisation. ( like manbird )
e. debunkers
f. hoaxers who don't take the subject seriously.

I'm sure there a more options.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I really hate when ppl do that, it annoys me, i wish there waz a real ufo picture. Why cant we just know the truth???

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I could build a perfectly realistic looking balloon shaped like a flying saucer, loft it into the air and take a dozen pictures of it. And you wouldn't be able to tell they're fake, because they wouldn't be. They'd actually be real, non-manipulated photos of a phony object. And all the video analysis in the world wouldn't help you.

The problem with assuming a disinformation campaign is that you have to assume that there is something to be disinformed about in the first place. So what are you going to assume?

* That real ET alien creatures exist but The Powers that Be are hiding that fact by creating a lot of ridiculous, fake ETs and UFOs to water down the interest, awareness and truth of the real ones?

* Or that there are no ET aliens and the government is making fake UFOs as a way of creating a lot of false noise to cover up their real top secret black projects?

The disinformation could work either way. So with no good proof either way, which do you want to believe?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
If every one only had a DSLR with at least a 300MM lens. And they used a tripod! Taking better pictures of evidence is what we need

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
We just need to wait that the government, news networks and military release their footages.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
LMAO, you can tell if something is real around here by how fast the "deny ignorance" crowd jumps on it saying its a fake.

Ask anyone with "deny ignorance" in the sig, title, or avatar if ANYTHING is real and they will say "NO! There's no proof!" Some of them even go so far as to deny thier own exsistance. I just wish they could figure out that what we tell others is often what we are desperatly trying to tell ourselves, HINT HINT.

Beleive half of what you see and none of what you hear and you'll be SAFE. But what fun is safe? How much can you learn from "safe"? I always play it too safe IRL. But mentaly, I often go where angels fear to tread, and you know what? ITS FUN!

In this multi-verse we live in, in wich there is an infinite number of universes, where everything that can happen is now happening, every UFO footage is real in one of them, and fake in just as many, they cancel themselves out. So, a better question would be WHAT is "real" "genuine" "fake" or "hoax"? A better way to see UFO footage might be to ask "What does it mean if it is real?" because it could be, might not be, with hisenburg around you can't "know" for sure.

No matter how much "proof" is offerd, it could still be fake, no matter how much its debunked, it could still be real. The "show me proof" crowd just doesn't get it. So if some footage or a pic gives you goose bumps, or makes you think, then its just as valuble to YOU as if it were real! Have fun with it, let yourself explore mentaly, it won't hurt I promise!

The real way to "deny ignorance" is to explore with your mind, that's how you learn, and that's how true knowledge is born!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

There was a TV show in the UK a couple of years ago that followed a group of people who did just that, got a metallic balloon made with no seams, fitted remote controls to it so that they could fly it and then flew it for a few miles across the UK. Loads of people saw it and thought it was a real UFO, but it was just a remote controlled blimp.

Some other guys did a similar thing with the Loch Ness Monster, creating a Nessie model that was controlled with divers pulling it along underwater with water jets to help.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
hey guys, this is my first post to this great site. I've been trawling this site for a long time now but have never felt in a position to add anything of interest until i saw this post.

A couple months back i saw a clip on youtube of about 10/15 of 'the best ufo clips ever' kind. Each one was pretty incredible, I ended up finding the person who had posted up the video. I emailed him asking where he had got his clips. He replied explaining that he was based in Australia and, they were in fact all fake, not only that but he had been employed by the Australian Government(!) under an arts grant to create a reel of fake UFO clips in order to prove how easy it was to create UFO clips using CG and image manipulation. I got pretty angry by this as they were all labeled as 'real' and it took me a while to discover they were in fact fakes. How do you guys feel about this? Have other people experienced a similar situation?

On a side-bar, I told the guy he was as bad as the people that stand out in fields making bogus crop circles. He then admitted to having made crop circles a few years back too!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreensGoblin

Welcome to ATS

Australian UFO Wave - all 31 clips

AUSTRALIAN UFO WAVE
Produced in Association with
the Australian Film Commission
www.christopherkenworthy.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I have had a similar question for a long time. The point is that if the aliens dont want to make direct contact with us and apperently have technology to stay hidden why do we see them?
I explained it more in this thread. Check it out
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

thanks dude, it's nice to feel welcome! Aha you've just done the hard work for me, I don't know how you all feel about this, but it got me rather frustrated that the Australian government were giving out grants to produce footage which does nothing but make a ufo researchers work that much more fruitless, we all know how easy it is to hoax this stuff, why pay someone to make more of it!?!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwatcher1
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I understand what you are saying, but, what if some are the real deal? how do we know? This is the reason for this post. By posting all the "fakes" aren't we dismissing the possibility that we miss the real ones?

Generally it means we must have more than 1 persons evidence to make certain the authenticity of the claim. If someone comes up with an image or clip of some 'amazingly detailed' craft that they claim they saw fly over their house, or over some lake, etc, but the first place they post it is on youtube, then it would take more than their claim to satisfy the burden of proof -at least to me.

If something like that has no other sources, no other witnesses, no other related items from verifiable and contactable witnesses then I leave it in the 'not proven' basket until it is either shown to be a fake (as has been done here before) or someone unrelated comes up with more evidence.

Better yet, when the source that ends up here, is from an external news source where the witness has taken their picture/footage to first. That would go along way to proving their authenticity.

But when joe bloggs signs up this morning, and their first post makes an over the top claim of having proof, posts 3 still images or a link to youtube and then refuses to give further details, etc... Instantly I smell a hoax.

It's not good enough to look at the footage/images and come to a conclusion. There are many ways to reveal the truth, and most of them lie beyond the person who posts evidence.

For instance, the phoenix lights, Many people reported sightings. It was not one persons attempt to prove anything. Many sightings, many reports, news coverage. To me, whatever happened there was real, and frankly, the official reports are a pathetic attempt to cover whatever it was up.

But that's my 2 cents, anyway.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreensGoblin

This really blows me away. I wonder how many "others" are paid and by whom to create these fakes?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HellHound63S
But mentally, I often go where angels fear to tread, and you know what? ITS FUN!

I suppose it might be fun to pretend all of it's real, like in a video game or something, and imagine that every odd light in the sky is a UFO piloted by Greys from Zeta Reticuli. In fact, there are quite a few people who do that. All the folks who go along with the Galactic Federation or Zetatalk stuff. People into the Reptilians. I suppose it's all good fun.

But it doesn't really answer the question about what's really going on. There are actual, not pretend, sightings and videos of strange things that are unexplained. Is seems to me that just riding along and imagining what these things are is a kind of cheap, lazy cop-out that's done because seriously considering these things and accepting the uncomfortable unknown is difficult.

Just accepting an easy explanation for these things is sort of the equivalent of playing Guitar Hero, rather than actually learning to play the guitar.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Just another bump. I do think this is worthy of more discussion.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by starwatcher1

This is how the Truth, is hidden, the more debunking the better the chance of some of the real videos about ufo's will get ignored and not given a second look

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by starwatcher1

They are all fake if you want therm to be.
And all real Tesla machines if you want them to be.
Just make up your mind.
It still a free country the deny Tesla.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
What is CGI? I know that they show CSI or something
on TV, but we're not allowed to watch it here.
Is it short for something?... like E.T.

E.T or really known as Emma Thompson, was one of
Branagh's chicks until she got a leg-up in Hollywood.

It makes you think, she did a spot in a advert for the UK's
Daily Star newspaper and then it all gets better for her.
I'll have to stop soon, because Matron's doin' her rounds,
but before I go... OOH Hah Daily Start, I said Hoo Hah Daily
Star!

Oh gag... these taste awful.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join