It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maher Makes Apology, Or Does He?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Bill Maher, a "Hack" of a comedian by most accounts, referenced the Pope as being a Nazi in His youth. After MUCH pressure from Maher's producers, Maher agreed to apologize on air.

Liberal talk show host Bill Maher, whose controversial comments about the pope drew fire from the Catholic community, is planning to apologize Friday night for falsely accusing Pope Benedict XVI of being a Nazi, the Catholic League announced Thursday.

CNS News

But Did He?

You decide?

I wonder what the reaction would have been had something similar been said, on national television, about Mohammad?

Semper

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Oh my God, thank you, Bill Mahr. Thank you so much.

Thank you for reading your prompter.... and/or pieces of paper.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by indierockalien]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

I wonder what the reaction would have been had something similar been said, on national television, about Mohammad?

I don't think the pope is considered god.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
Oh my God, thank you, Bill Mahr. Thank you so much.

Thank you for reading your prompter.... and/or pieces of paper.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by indierockalien]

Jeez, in a world full of Anne Coulters and Bill O'Reilleys, I'm surprised this created a ripple. But then, my father was in the Hitler Youth as well.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Neither is Muhammad

He is considered a prophet of Islam

the central human figure of the world religion of Islam and is regarded by Muslims as the last messenger and prophet of God (Arabic: الله‎ Allāh). Muslims consider him the restorer of the original, uncorrupted monotheistic faith (islām) of Adam, Abraham and others. They see him as the last and the greatest in a series of prophets of Islam

Wiki

Semper

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Seriously, though... why is the Pope such a big deal?

Church and state.... not separate. Church and media... not separate. Church and capitalism. Not separate. Church and CONTROL of your MIND... not separate. Everyone bows to the Vatican... if they understand what's "good" for 'em.

On a related note.... I heard an interesting story from a now supposedly missing woman named Svali...

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Wow. He tried to get away with unfairly impugning one man by...er...unfairly impuging that man again.

Way to be on the ball, Bill.

top topics

join