It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Belzers contribution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
So, other than his appearance at the "revoution" what else has Richard Belzer contributed to ATS. Anyone know?

CT

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Apparently he got some special treatment. His profile, The Belz, has him at an honerary post count of 250 (even though he has none) and 30000 points so he can view whatever forum he wants. But from the looks of the profile, looks like he never actually logged in once after registering lol.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
His profile, The Belz, has him at an honerary post count of 250 (even though he has none) and 30000 points so he can view whatever forum he wants. But from the looks of the profile, looks like he never actually logged in once after registering

I noticed this also.

Perhaps some of the senior staff here can shed some light on this?

CT

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think he got his points for speaking at the 'Revolution' event. You get 1000 points for every minute you speak there.

I believe he gave a 30 minute speech, approximately.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Ohhhhh yeah, I forgot about that. Admin? Admin? Ehem COUGH how's business these days? Better than before the revolution? COUGH ohh bad cough COUGH COUGH... any new ehhh interesting solicitors been calling up lately?

Edit to add:

COUGH!!!! COUGH!!!

[edit on 20-4-2008 by indierockalien]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I can understand that, but why the free 250 post count? As if celebs don't get enough special treatment already. Well I guess it doesn't matter really, seeing as he's never logged in.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I don't need Teh Belz ripping off my material so i don't have a problem it he's not around. I wonder how many celebs lurk the web?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
So are we all in agreement that his (public) contribution has been zero since the "revolution"?

Im going to alert this thread in the hope that a staff member can help us out.

CT

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
reply to post by hikix

I can understand that, but why the free 250 post count? As if celebs don't get enough special treatment already. Well I guess it doesn't matter really, seeing as he's never logged in.

It's because each minute of speaking counts as 8 posts. He spoke for 30 minutes. 30 X 8 = 240. Then they gave him a 10 post bonus for bringing Ice-T to the event. 240 + 10 = 250! Now do you see!

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

Let's just say that we are moving in different directions (Richard and The Above Network, LLC) and leave it at that.

cough Agents cough...

We are making some excellent strides in several areas that were key to the "Revolution". The reality of doing "big things" is they take forever to get done because you have to work with the "Big Guns" to get them done.

Big wheels turn slowly.

The book will be on the shelves this fall, it's done and in the editor's hands now, we are hammering on two other "big media" ventures that we will hopefully be able to announce this year and we are enjoying record breaking traffic. All in all we are moving ahead and pretty much on plan.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Let's just say that we are moving in different directions (Richard and The Above Network, LLC) and leave it at that.

Hmmmm. A member with the handle Conspiracy Theorist being asked to "leave it at that." A conundrum.

Seriously though, could you go into anymore detail? I mean it was touted as a major coup when his presence was announced, then nothing.

cough Agents cough

The plot thickens.....

I just wanna say, I have nothing but admiration and respect for yourself and all those involved in keeping this fantastic website up and running. This is the only website I regularly post on. And will continue to do so for many years to come. Hopefully.

CT

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
There really isn't a conspiracy to everything. Simply sounds like a parting of ways. Doesn't mean there is anything less to ATS than before The Belz was ever involved. We are still the best site, and constantly moving forwards not backwards, no matter what celebrities if any are involved.
ATS is built on user-generated content. Not celebrity plugs or even presence.
It is our posts that make this site the grand thing that it is, and nothing short of that.
Enough said.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by AccessDenied]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

There really isn't a conspiracy to everything

Never said there was. I was merely asking a question. Springers response led to more questions. Simple as that.

Simply sounds like a parting of ways

I can appreciate that. All I have done is ask the question. If springer chooses to divulge details then great, if not, thats up to him.

Doesn't mean there is anything less to ATS than before The Belz was ever involved

Its Richard Belzers involvement that is being questioned. Not ATS as a whole.

We are still the best site, and constantly moving forwards not backwards, no matter what celebrities if any are involved.

Agreed. But I can still ask cant I.

ATS is built on user-generated content. Not celebrity plugs or even presence.
It is our posts that make this site the grand thing that it is, and nothing short of that.

Again agreed. Im not questioning the 'grandness' of ATS. Just Richard Belzers much publicised presence.

CT

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Where in that statement did I say you couldn't ask a question?
You asked..
We all gave answers.
I don't see how Springer's response led to more questions, or why you felt the need to dissect my post.
Just because they are not the answers you want to hear, doesn't make them any less the truth.
Do you feel ATS needs Richard Belzer? Or any other celebrity?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Where in that statement did I say you couldn't ask a question?

Where in that post did I say you said I couldnt ask a question? (this could go on forever!)

You asked..
We all gave answers.

How can you answer when your not privy to the information I asked for? Are you some kind of undercover admin?

I don't see how Springer's response led to more questions

Then your presence in this thread is no longer required. I, on the other hand, do not feel that Springer answered my question to my satisfaction.

Lets put in another context.

Q. What happened on 9/11?

A. Lets just say that terrorist hijacked planes and crashed them into things, and leave it at that.

Does that answer the question. I dont think so.

or why you felt the need to dissect my post.

Is this against some rule? I do it my way, you do it your way. Did it offend you?

Just because they are not the answers you want to hear, doesn't make them any less the truth.

Did I say it wasnt the truth. I asked for more information. Its entirely upto Springer if he chooses to entertain my request.

Do you feel ATS needs Richard Belzer? Or any other celebrity?

No, but this has nothing to do with this thread or my questions.

Enough said.

CT

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

My , my..nice bit of hostility.
I will post where I please, when I please.
You don't like my answers hit the ignore button. Nothing would thrill me more.
If fact, it would be the icing on the cake of my day.
In my opinion, not that you are interested, but..
*NEWSFLASH*
Just because you don't want to read my posts , there are many others that do.
I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill.and for the record..
YOU ,SIR
are talking in circles, and avoiding all other answers.
You seem only interested in what Springer has to say, as if the thoughts and contributions of the rest of us are dirt on the sidewalk.
Buddy, it's been a blast debating your ass, but with an attitude like yours, I don't expect to see you much longer. Not a threat, not a promise, just an honest observation.

Edit to add..
Straight from your profile..

"I hate people who refuse to listen to reason or don't use common sense when forming opinions."

Nice one Conspiracy theorist. I TOTALLY AGREE.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by AccessDenied]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I beleive that one of the site owners has answered the question that was posed by the opening post.

As such this thread is now closed. If you have further questions please use the contact ATS form or file a comment / complaint

Thanks
FredT, Moderator

top topics

join