It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope Praises the Founding Fathers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The Pope, in a speech from the White House, praised the Founding Fathers and the principles America was founded on.

Pope Benedict XVI spoke positively of America's Founding Fathers and lauded the principles they embraced in creating the United States.

The pope's address referenced the Declaration of Independence and drew a parallel between the views of his predecessor, the late John Paul II, and those that former President George Washington expressed in his Farewell Address.

"From the dawn of the Republic, America's quest for freedom has been guided by the conviction that the principles governing political and social life are intimately linked to a moral order based on the dominion of God the creator," said the pope.

CNS News

Please read the article for more in-depth information.

The Pope draws references to the correlation between Conservative values and Christian Morality.

Semper

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
oh my god, that means so much to me.

Thank you, Pope. Thank you for reading your pieces of paper.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
General speaking when religion comes into play it has a greater influence with the political right and/or conservatives. Of course it is possible to find to people and politicians who hold left wing economic views and are still influenced by there religious views when it comes to social views. But I would be careful to paint to many broad strokes because this Atheist intends to vote along conservative lines at the coming NZ election .

My views on the Pope haven't changed I respect people right to worship but th ere is still no reason for me or anyone who isnt a Catholic to give a toss about what the Pope says and does .

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Damm dbl post

[edit on 4/28/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
God Bless the Pope???

I am not big on the Pope... im not even sure if its pope or Pope...

But just happy that the Pope was $#!^ Talking... like just about every other world leader does when the come to the US... ok well not every other countries world leader... Basicly just The Little Hitler from Iran (AchmenDimInTheHead) and the Castro Wanna-Be in Venezuela (Chavez)... so

so... the pope didnt say something dumb... this is news... must be a slow day...

top topics

join