It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Corrections Officer Raped By Prisoner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

A female corrections officer was beaten and raped Thursday morning by an inmate in the law library on the fifth floor of the Duval County jail, Sheriff John Rutherford announced.

The veteran officer was beaten, threatened and "viciously sexually assaulted" by Jonathan Tave, who was in jail awaiting trial for a 2005 homicide, according to the sheriff's office.

"He armed himself with some type of shank and used that to overcome the officer and then sexually battered her," Rutherford said. "She was punched and beaten, as well as (the prisoner) using the shank."

www.news4jax.com...

How could they not have noticed she had disappeared for an hour with no contact? I wonder how many other assaults have occured under this system. To be raped, assaulted, and held for an hour with no one noticing is frightening be it a male or female guard. If this is a case of some people not doing their jobs they should be fired and charged with whatever they can be charged with for basically allowing this to happen by their negligence.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

...in the law library on the fifth floor of the Duval County jail

More waste of tax money. Inmates should be spending time in hard labor or some work to improve the public infrastructure. A good reason to remove the law library.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It is a well established fact that inmates use Law Libraries to transfer drugs, weapons and crinimal notes to each other under the guise of "equal access". But in reality it is not equal access, does the person down the street making $10.00 an hour have access to a Law Library or State/County/City attorneys whenever they feel like it? It's not equal access, if it were equal, the prisoners would have to pay out of their own pocket to the tune of $350.00per HOUR for professional guidance.

There is a union in the united states of Prisoners, there are PACS and local groups that push the "treat them with golden mittens" laws. If it were up to me that scumbag would already have been processed and shipped out for the good of society, fertilizing the crops with his remains.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 2stepsfromtop

I'm with you on that point.

There are people who have to work much harder each day, do not break laws or infringe on other's rights and pay taxes on top of it. It's amazing what humane treatment has turned into. Imagine the stink if he had been shot while committing this crime.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
And if they cut the budget for corrections officers here in Florida you will see more of this kind of thing happen. Something is fishy with this story (i'll do some digging around). Either way the inmate should not have had this opportunity.

new topics

top topics

join