It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cruzion

Ahh! yes... good point: Reactive forces.

We have evidence of celestial impact that leaves marks on the polar opposite side of the earth... but I guess those are lies propogated by the CIA or UN or whoever

link   
reply to post by _Del_

If you accept that we can never reach the speed of light, you must also then concede that at a certain point, we would reach a terminal velocity and there would be no more gravity on earth. either that, or "gravity" logarithmically decreasing as we near the speed of light.

link   

Originally posted by Cpt. MontyThe Earth is accelerating upwards....because of what? God pulling the strings of every planet and star?

This would be a more metaphysical or philosophical question than a scientific one. Who knows? Maybe we are propelled away from a big bang. Maybe angels are pushing. Maybe the solar system is late for a dinner date.

Del's arguments are more valid than yours, if not simply because you are saying that a "giant ice wall" is being kept secret from us. On that note, wouldn't one of the many not so rich, not so well-off, men or women working in the shipping industry maybe have spotted this "giant ice wall" that encircles the flat earth by now? Or has the government killed/paid them off?

How much shipping runs around the "south pole"? Not much. Of course the government is hiding something. NASA constantly produces "satellite" images even though satellites cannot float.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Seven
If you accept that we can never reach the speed of light, you must also then concede that at a certain point, we would reach a terminal velocity and there would be no more gravity on earth. either that, or "gravity" logarithmically decreasing as we near the speed of light.

No because the speed as relative to the observer would not change.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
about secrets;

all knowledge that stemmed from the same source that comes back to its source can be likened to a secret.

so maybe the people know and continue building revealing as much as they can while they drift along in life; away from the knowledge they revealed that comes back in the form of secrecy.

so it would not be a secret that ones perceptions grow and view their interactions on a planar surface level or the earth while still consciously being aware of greater bodies. to quantify the state of these bodies would change at all times. so personally maybe i should retract some and say yes the earth is planar when one body as vassal naked or clothed is traversing the surface of "earth" with technologies at present;

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

actually, i believe that there were such experiments measuring red and blue shift, using gamma rays shot from the bottom to the top of a tower and vice versa.

And please explain from what frame of reference that 9.8 m/s/s is measured from.

i won't be posting for a while, i have things that need seeing to. OP can have the board for now, but when I return, I'll kill you with my brain. just kidding.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I really give in .....

Lets stop feeding the trolls. All they want is points and in a really weird sort of a way ... an ego boost thinking that we give a damn about the flat world thing..... we know is nonsense and i actually think that they do to ....

im nor going to bother posting on this thread again unless there is some kind of progress and the OP and other believers show us some REAL PROOF and not pictures

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

that's true, the speed of light is constant in all frames of reference. but it's also true that a massive object cannot and never will reach the speed of light, even if measured from a photon moving in the opposite direction.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cruzion When we have earthquakes and test nuclear weapons, we can track the seismic wave as it goes through the Earth. We have P (primary) and S (secondary) waves. P waves will travel through the mantle, the liquid outer core, and the metallic inner core at different speeds. S waves will travel through the mantle, are bent by the liquid outer core, and do not penetrate the iron core. We have mathematical models in place so we can analyze these signals when they occur, monitored from the 1000's of seismic detectors that are in place all a'round' the world. The computation of these events is so accurate, that scientists have mapped the outer edge of the iron core, and it has dimples, just like a golf ball. Also realise that these seismic events are triangulated from hundreds of positions. How does that work if everything is flat? Well, it doesn't does it?

If you actually knew about propogation through liquid or convergance zones, it would not surprise you that the waves are actually reflected back up under certain circumstances. The waves only need to travel to the region where this is occurs and then travels back to the surface of the disc.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
... as youget farther from the "center" of your flat earth, the distance to travel 1 degree becomes greater. My friend lives near Adelaide, S. Australia. She has also lived in the united states. According to her, AND the maps I look at, she only has to drive about half an hour to get to the beach. By your model, she actually has a COUPLE THOUSAND KM's to drive! Explain that one to me. ...

BTW, still haven't answered that question, either...

link   

Originally posted by logician magician

Originally posted by Earthscum
reply to post by logician magician

So, explain Lava to me... what is it, where does it come from?

I don't see how this relates to a flat Earth. It comes about the same way as it would on a spherical earth. Heat and rock.

What is it that you don't understand? Maybe you should take a Geology class.

The heat from the Earth comes from both radioactive decay and compression. The more compression applied, the hotter it gets. As you get towards the center of the Earth, the pressure is so great, that it overcomes the actions of temperature, and becomes a solid. Because of the pressure dynamic within the Earth, less dense material is forced outwards. This movement within the Earth is like convection currents of air, and helps move dense material towards center, and lighter material to surface. Where these convection cells meet, you usually find rifts, and divergent zones on the ocean floor, and rift valleys on land are caused by these convections.

link   
oh, and satellites don't "float", they undergo constant centripetal acceleration towards the center of the earth and are in constant free fall.

link   

reply to post by _Del_

that's true, the speed of light is constant in all frames of reference. but it's also true that a massive object cannot and never will reach the speed of light, even if measured from a photon moving in the opposite direction.

I would assume that when the solar systems mass approaches a point very near infinity it will fold into a blackhole.

link   
You want to tell me what???????
Your kidding!
Do you honestly believe the world is actually fla...................
*falls out of his computer chair laughing hard*

I have heard some "out there" paranoia induced things on this forum but THIS thread takes the cake.
The world is actually flat and NASA is in fact running a conspiracy to hide it?
How come you can actually see the curvature when your high enough?
*laughs til he passes out from lack of breath*

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

oh, and satellites don't "float", they undergo constant centripetal acceleration towards the center of the earth and are in constant free fall.

Under round earth theory that is true. I addressed that very fact earlier. This clearly is impossible in flat earth theory, however as the earth has no gravitational field.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cruzion
The heat from the Earth comes from both radioactive decay and compression. The more compression applied, the hotter it gets. As you get towards the center of the Earth, the pressure is so great, that it overcomes the actions of temperature, and becomes a solid. Because of the pressure dynamic within the Earth, less dense material is forced outwards. This movement within the Earth is like convection currents of air, and helps move dense material towards center, and lighter material to surface. Where these convection cells meet, you usually find rifts, and divergent zones on the ocean floor, and rift valleys on land are caused by these convections.

This is very similar to the process on the cylinder earth. Good work.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
so for me personally i couldnt prove to you that i consciously went through a time of viewing my walks and interactions on the surface of the earth as planar; and further i could not freely say that the "earth" is the form that my conscious percieves it; to you.

so to say the earth is a sphere means to me man has gone far either into or into the emenating thought that is source and has seen life as a ball called earth with various stellar bodies some solar some lunar.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So Del are you or the OP ever going to address my question about why ships don't pass certain land masses on Earth when they are crossing bodies of water under the flat earth model? If not I accept that as a loss for the flat earth model.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
saying that the "earth" has no gravity field has big implications to me that i need to further ponder uppon; this is true to me as well.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Since we are making outlandish theories I posit the earth is not only flat but it is a pimple on the arse of "gawd".

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join