It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikk7111

Originally posted by Toy_soldier
reply to post by _Del_

But in your picture Antartica is going around the entire circumfrence of the Earth. If someone wanted to travel from the "centre" of Antartica to the East or West then they'd never stop travelling. They'd just be going forever and never reach a coast.

And if they wanted to travel South then they'd end up at the end of the world!

If the world were flat then there would have to be an end to it. Why haven't we found it?

Yeah!, and notice it's one inch thick too.......
, it's hard on those volcanoes...........It's round like a ball people, you can trust me I'm Einstein.......

P.S. What about those flat comets and meteors.................?????..lol...

[edit on 26-11-2008 by rikk7111]

It's also made up of pixels on a computer screen directly in front of you... oh, and it's posted on a discussion forum! Certainly you don't believe you're really looking a a picture of the Earth?

No wonder you think the Earth is round!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I am wandering why you didn't answer my question about why you can see the moon during the day if it is only the backside of the sun. Please do not avoid the question because it proves that your a wrong.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

Yes, and while you're at it, can you explain to us how planes fly over the Antarctic without circumventing the earth?

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Yes, and while you're at it, can you explain to us how planes fly over the Antarctic without circumventing the earth?

I'm not about to answer the same questions for the umpteenth time. it's been explained many times in the thread already. I've also already mentioned many times that I would not answer the same questions over and over again.

I don't have the patience to keep answering the same idiotic questions over and over again.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU
I am wandering why you didn't answer my question about why you can see the moon during the day if it is only the backside of the sun. Please do not avoid the question because it proves that your a wrong.

Already been answered. Please do not avoid the answers because it proves that you are afraid of the truth.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

I'm not about to answer the same questions for the umpteenth time. it's been explained many times in the thread already. I've also already mentioned many times that I would not answer the same questions over and over again.

I don't have the patience to keep answering the same idiotic questions over and over again.

First of all, simmer down sparky.
Second I went trough all your posts and you have not answered this once.
In fact I don't think you've given a single viable answer in the entire thread.

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and credit you with combining a sense of humor with some rudimentary scientific knowledge to manage to keep people going for 47 pages of a great practical joke.

It seems now that you actually DO believe that the Earth is flat.
You're silly.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

First of all, simmer down sparky.
Second I went trough all your posts and you have not answered this once.
In fact I don't think you've given a single viable answer in the entire thread.

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and credit you with combining a sense of humor with some rudimentary scientific knowledge to manage to keep people going for 47 pages of a great practical joke.

It seems now that you actually DO believe that the Earth is flat.
You're silly.

I made it a policy earlier in the thread that I would not answer questions that had already been asked because it only leads to more people asking the same questions after perceiving that all (repeated) questions will be answered even if they haven't read the thread yet.

I don't want this thread turning into an 60 page thread that answers 10 distinct questions. because people can't infer information from subjects already discussed

This will be the last time I respond to you unless you have a new question - and that goes to anyone else reading from this point on:

If you have a NEW question that hasn't already been answered, please ask it. If you're not given an answer to your question on the basis that it's already been answered and asked a multitude of times: read the thread and quit whining because you aren't getting attention.

Perhaps if you put a bit more THOUGHT and SUBSTANCE into your question I might answer it for you - but then at that point you'd have already answered it yourself.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Can you answer a question on distances between countries with your theory?

e.g The North Pole being the centre (centre of the disc), The South Pole (not sure if there is one in your model) Antarctica being the outer part the disc.

Could you give me an approximate distances, using your model/theory, from lets say Rio Gallegos (Southern Argentina) to New Zealand?

On my world its around 6500 miles (give or take)

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
If the Earth is flat, what happens to all the other planets?
They're clearly round, unless you believe they're fake or something

Or are they actually disks too

Face it
THE EARTH IS ROUND.

Jacob

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacobNH
If the Earth is flat, what happens to all the other planets?
They're clearly round, unless you believe they're fake or something

Or are they actually disks too

Face it
THE EARTH IS ROUND.

Jacob

Or else they are round, and it's only the earth that is flat.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

I would highly suggest reading the thread even though it is long. This has all been talked about, debated, and pretty much resolved.

-ChriS

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
So what do you say about standing on the "edge" of the Earth?
If you on the edge, how does your vision bend round the whole of the "flat" earth to see infront?

Crazy fool.
Jacob

But i must say you did a good job at making the model

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
*removed post - wrong thread*

[edit on 17-4-2009 by pieinthesky]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
When I am standing in a house, I don't know its shape. When i go outside, stand on the lawn and look at, I can clearly see its shape.

When astronauts are standing on the ground, they don't know the earths shape. When they leave the earth, stand in space and look down, they can clearly see its shape.

Quit being an attention seeking troll, and everyone else, quit feeding the damn troll. Your theory was proven wrong 10 million times before you even wrote this thread, so stop demanding people ask original questions.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Hi logician magician, I'm an ex astronomy student, so I really should be sceptical and close minded about your theory, but I can see where you get some of your points from....and they're not as far fetched as some have decided they are, but in order to be more comfortable with a new theory one has to explore every aspect of its components and deiced that each one makes sense and can be explained to some extent.

I have one question that I can't really get my head around - if this theory were to hold...

Appologies if its been asked already - I didnt want to sift through 30 pages...

If a man is standing on the moon, or mars and he looks back at earth, why would he sometimes only see 'parts' of the disk (as opposed to the way we see it as 'sides' of the globe) - ie he wouldn't see the whole disk?

Or maybe I'm not imagining it right?

Any more diagrams?

Thanks logician magician - good to keep minds open.....its the open minded ones that discover absurdities are actually truths

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
The sun and moon are probably discs that orbit the center of the earth map: the north pole. I don't know if other stars are discs or spheres, it's really too hard to say.

I've taken stereo images that show the moon to be a sphere. The moon undergoes libration to show slightly more than just 50% of its sphere to us. By taking two images exactly one lunar cycle apart, you can create a stereoimage of the moon by exploiting the fact that its orbit is inclined and it is at a slightly different angle to you at each point of the lunar cycle as each month progresses. By putting those images side by side you can make a cross eye stereogram.
farm4.static.flickr.com...
Cross your eyes till the images overlap to see the moon in 3d; it's a sphere indeed.
You can also exploit a similar technique for Jupiter as well:
And saturn:

[edit on 17-4-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
Satellite images could be bounced off of high altitude blimps. NASA did not necessarily send anything to space.

High altitude blimps would not appear in their predicted position in the sky for an observer on the ground who predicted their appearance based on their orbit of a round earth and his own location on the ground. Due to the effects of parallax, a false image could only appear to be in the correct place in the sky for a single observer (whose exactly location would have to be known beforehand - if unknown or multiple observers there is no way to fake it at all); other observers would see it in the wrong location, plus a blimp could not move fast enough to keep pace with the expected location of a low earth orbit satellite, making precise satellite tracking and imaging impossible:
farm3.static.flickr.com...
Seeing as how I do not disclose when or where I will image ISS, I'd have to be in on the conspiracy for your flat earth to exist. I know I'm not, so I know the earth is round.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hey Logician, if the Earth is flat, then why does it not look flat when you stand on the top of a mountain?

When you're on a mountain you can see everything else... and it looks pretty curved and the like.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
OMG,come on is this still going?Anyways I thought I would drop by so maybe people who think the Earth is flat will take a look at the Astronomy 101 thread to help them understand.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
OMG,come on is this still going?Anyways I thought I would drop by so maybe people who think the Earth is flat will take a look at the Astronomy 101 thread to help them understand.

Only on ATS will you find someone that is able to debunk 400 years of astronomy, and great scientists like Copernicus and Gallileo

And all this coming from a guy who claimed all conspiracies have been debunked....

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join