It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram

explain this.

In flat earth theory space flight is impossible. Satellite imagery is therefore obviously suspect. ie -- they faked it.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
There is one simple proof that the Earth is round.

During a lunar eclipse, the Earth blocks sunlight from illuminating the moon.

You can see the Earth's shadow on the moon - And it clearly displays a curvature.

The only solid shape that displays a round shadow is a sphere. Not a cylinder. Not a flat piece of...whatever.

If you're still not satisfied, and have any basic understanding of mathematics at all:

Another method is simultaneously measuring the length of the shadows cast by identical poles perpendicular to a flat surface that is tangential to the earth's radius at various, distant locations. If indeed the earth is round, then the shadows should all vary in length from one distant location to another, which means that the angle at which the parallel rays of sunlight struck each pole varied from one location to another. (recall the alternate-angles theorem from Geometry class) If the earth is flat, then the lengths of all the shadows should be identical when measured simultaneously, since all rays of sunlight that strike the earth are parallel. However, they are not identical, but in fact, varies in such a way that the angles indicate a spherical surface. (This was one of the earliest methods to determine the radius of the earth)

[edit on 20-4-2008 by evanmontegarde]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toy_soldier

So, hypothetically, if aliens were to visit Earth and they approached us from the side, this is what they would see...

... they would see this:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

Not true. The sun never moves behind the earth in flat earth theory. It revolves around the top of the disc around the north pole. The moon is lit by reflecting light from the sun, and light reflected off the earth and onto the moon. If you're familiar with wave behavior, under certain conditions the frequencies of light from the sun and earth, are in destructive interference. The wave of one ray of light is in superposition over the trough of the other. This causes the eclipse phenomena. One alternate theory holds that a "shadow object" which is invisible to the spectrum of light we see, moves in front of the moon.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
your post is cool;

i like the idea;

star and flag.

about the thought expressed; if i can even say that: it seems like the truth and is honestly how my consciousness already percieved reality; if you come to terms with knowledge of the ankh as well as a cross and the true nature of phi and pi.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

So, hypothetically, if aliens were to visit Earth and they approached us from the side, this is what they would see...

... they would see this:

OMG took the words out of my mouth. That other flat side must be where the aliens come from. The travel up the shoot from the other side through the big hole in the north poll!
Yes, I'm being smart alleky.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

... they would see this:

hahah, bit of a Discworld fan are we?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_

explain this.

In flat earth theory space flight is impossible. Satellite imagery is therefore obviously suspect. ie -- they faked it.

that's stupid.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
OMG.. I just gotta have a go in here...

Firstly, some of you sound exactly as I imagine those who once believed the Earth was flat and when someone told them it was round, well, you lot have shown the remarks that were made.

As for the Earth now being flat (again) It would seem we have the two way flat/round argument all over again.

I've noticed a few points (and I'm sure there are loads more) that you all seem to not have considered.

1. Time
2. Dimensions
3. gravity
4. point of view

Firstly, for this to work out to be flat, lets take a distant view.. our galaxy, along with countless others are flat (to a degree). Have any of you ever seen a picture of a round galaxy?

If round objects are so easily formed in space, then why not galaxies too?

Are black holes round or flat?
Our Galaxy is spinning around a black hole. I beleive it was Stephen Hawking who realised that as you get caught in the pull of a black hole, you will be slowly flattened out and stretched. You wouldn't notice it, but a far away observer would see you become pulp.

Now, imagine the Earth slowly being flattened out and stretched as we go around the black hole.
Time would give us no factual evidence that the earth is round or flat. Time is only relevant to our current understanding.
Anyway, this could make the Earth into a 'record' (you know, those black disks before cd's) But the 'record' Earth does not just have one groove going around it to the centre, but it is criss crossed with billions of multi directional lines.
These lines would then, in theory, allow travel anywhere 'around' the Earth.
You only seem to go around the earth as that is from your point of view in your present time/space/dimension relevant to your direction of travel.

If you decide to 'orbit' the earth in your space ship, then you change your perspective in time/space/dimension.
The entire universe could possibly be a flat disc (record) and it is the multi dimensional facet relevant to point of view that makes all the difference.
So in theory, the universe could be made up of slices seeing as almost all galaxies have a black hole at their heart which are all stretching out and flattening every object that orbits each black hole.

Go outside and stand in your garden. The ground around your immediate vicinity is flat. Look over your fence and you can see hils, mountains and valleys.. none of which are flat. Until of course you are in any one particular vicinity then the ground becomes relevant to your time/space/dimensional co-ordinates.

Perception through changes in light and our human ability to understand.

Fly up 60 miles and you fail to see all the hills valleys mountains..everything appears to be flat, except for the 'curvature' of the earth. But you're only seeing a curve because of your time/space dimensional co-ords.. whereas in reality, the Earth is flat and stretched out due to the gravitational pull and spinning of the galaxy around a black hole.

WOW.. as crazy as all that sounds, i hope it makes some form of sense..
If anyone can do the math on that I'd much appreciate it..would be a wild theory to test..

Myself... is the earth round or flat?...hmmm.. who can say.. does anything really exist? Am i really here?

Well, there's my theory thrown into the mesh.. sift through it and see what you can chew on..

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

explain this.

that's stupid.

As stupid as a object perpetually falling around a round earth? Or "i don't understand it" stupid?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

explain this.

well. according to my theory, which is based in empirical science and having watched a space shuttle launch before, space flight is indeed possible, and does in fact occur with some regularity.

What say you to that?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

check yourself into a good rest home, and get some treatment. and please don't post anymore without written consent from an adult.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The space shuttle can reach space, but then must return to earth as soon as it's fuel is exhausted. I have seen rockets launched as well. Did you see them staying up in space? Did you go to space?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
with a flat earth theroy; if that is what you would call this;

you could picture it like an eclipe being the suns position in time space that flips in front of the surface while still traversing; the moon being the flip side disk of another celestial body or an impression from a curvature and perception of the flipping or rotation of the curvature; the opposite side being the metaphor of middle earth; the differing celestial bodies still in reach by comprehension of phi pi while still in a physical body if ones consciousness understood how to traverse in a cross and ankh fashion physically; time being a relative juxtopation of the disks rotation throughout esoteric expressed bodies like mentioned in the tree of life and heavens spoken as lore and stated fact in movies like the fountain.

any questions one may have about this please ask;

a truer nature of this thought actually unifies many thought perceptions in math if one crosses sides and acts as though unaware of phi and pi 's ; true properties and uses variables in todays modern calculus and mathmetatics.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

First of all, are you trying to gain attention?

What the hell is this? Catholic propaganda? Why should I believe that the Earth is flat when I've been high enough in the sky to see that the Earth is actually round. I've actually went up to 80,000 ft before in a commercial tourist plane.

This is why we have distortion on flattened maps which makes Greenland look at big as Texas.

[edit on 4/20/2008 by die_another_day]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think it is interesting to look at all aspects.

Let's face it our Scientist are still scratching there heads about where our Moon came from.

Even with the probes we send out how do we know what we are being told and shown is correct.

Maybe Earth (heck) maybe our Solar System is nothing more then orb(s) within an Orb.

Theories gone wild maybe we are all CGI

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
i say disk because that is the impression as well as sphere or toroid or any other form if one is consciouslly observing an awareness of energy called life.

but its hard to simplify a thought to an expressed form called words to convey phi an pi when words are even spoken to the self in mind that places my heaven from your north star and misalignment of transmission z takes place resulting in confusion or the mis apt fusion that is likened to the pasts riddles and kham-mysteries.all in all words and percieved holes are fun walking on or as one would percieve around.

with just getting in tune with self you know and really having a passion for whatever it is your fancy you can come to a gnosis that really would probably disregard flat or round if you could really handle such a conscious expression.
it kind or deep to suggest being so grandeur that life seems as a ball in which you interact and that galaxies can actually be traversed by giant beings throughout galaxies in vassals or think of a vassal being traversing through galactic expression; though similar are very different in position in consciousness.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
no propoganda garnering here; and ones affiliation with a thought system through fraternity such as mass gatherings and books have nothing to do with my mind.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day

First of all, are you trying to gain attention?

What the hell is this? Catholic propaganda? Why should I believe that the Earth is flat when I've been high enough in the sky to see that the Earth is actually round. I've actually went up to 80,000 ft before in a commercial tourist plane.

This is why we have distortion on flattened maps which makes Greenland look at big as Texas.

[edit on 4/20/2008 by die_another_day]

If you think about what you are saying then you'd realize that your whole reasoning is non sequitur.

As I've said before, the Earth DOES APPEAR round from up high, but that is simply because light travelling through the gravity well (and refraction) and a higher rate closer to the surface of the Earth, and is being bent inward and toward the center of the disc, creating an illusion of roundness.

This is precisely why when standing closer to the earth, it looks flat -because it is- but when you start to get away from it, it appears to become a sphere.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

reply to post by _Del_

You can walk on ice, dude.

It's an ice wall several hundred feet tall.

The governments of the world won't let you get that close to it anyway.

in the words of peter Andre this is insania.

will you please stop refering to your flat earth modol as scientific proof.

its a model!

the government wont let me go round the world. because of the 100 feet ice barrier.

what a joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join