It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toy_soldier
reply to post by _Del_

You can walk on ice, dude.

It's an ice wall several hundred feet tall.

The governments of the world won't let you get that close to it anyway.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
also, in the Flat earth how do you explain night and day?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
im not the one claiming that the earth is flat dude.
... you and logical started the argument its up to YOU to provide the proof. Its up to us to read through your findings and see if we agree or not.

If i started a thread saying that i was an alien or from the future ... whats the first thing i would be asked ...... yep thats right .... you would want proof, in this instance i would have to provide YOU with proof of my claim.

so its simple, provide proof of your claim, and im sorry but the only way your gonna prove this is mathematically as in this circumstance using a numerical system will be the only unambiguous way to proove your point.

so please....... show me your proof.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tylerc25211
also, in the Flat earth how do you explain night and day?

The model provided shows the orbit of the moon and sun. The sun is much smaller in flat earth theory. It acts as a spotlight. It can only shine on parts of the map at a time. It simply isn't large enough to shine on the whole map.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Ok, so my argument that the earth is ROUND is... and i can't believe i have to explain this to someone...

1) night and day (from earth spinning)
2) Time Zones (from earth spinning)
3) satalites going AROUND the earth.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_

reply to post by _Del_

You can walk on ice, dude.

It's an ice wall several hundred feet tall.

The governments of the world won't let you get that close to it anyway.

So, hypothetically, if aliens were to visit Earth and they approached us from the side, this is what they would see:

The black being space, the brown being Earth, the blue being this supposed ice wall that has us trapped, the yellow being the sun and the grey being the moon.

(I know my picture isn't nearly as classy as the pictures you have provided, but I think it does the job
)

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Whatever the truth is, all of us all our lifes were taught it is round. So telling us something else, whether true or flase, is going to get such opposition.

The two people wanting to prove that it is flat, need to explain fully, how they imagine it works. Showing us a picture, will not do it, as we all have been programmed to believe it is round all our lifes.

You guys will have to try to get every thing, you think on the subject down, and try to make us understand your point of view. Pictures just will not work, as we will just reject them like i said earlier.

link   
reply to post by _Del_

What about planets/stars?

the main thing i want to know is why you had a problem with the round earth to come up with you Flat one.

link   

Originally posted by scepticsRus
im not the one claiming that the earth is flat dude.
... you and logical started the argument its up to YOU to provide the proof. Its up to us to read through your findings and see if we agree or not.

If i started a thread saying that i was an alien or from the future ... whats the first thing i would be asked ...... yep thats right .... you would want proof, in this instance i would have to provide YOU with proof of my claim.

so its simple, provide proof of your claim, and im sorry but the only way your gonna prove this is mathematically as in this circumstance using a numerical system will be the only unambiguous way to proove your point.

so please....... show me your proof.

I'm providing evidence to show how the flat earth model works. The "proof" you seek is that the model works. If the model has no failures, that is evidence of its integrity. Lots of data is ambiguous. That's why competing theories exist in all fields of science.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

So, hypothetically, if aliens were to visit Earth and they approached us from the side, this is what they would see:

The black being space, the brown being Earth, the blue being this supposed ice wall that has us trapped, the yellow being the sun and the grey being the moon.

(I know my picture isn't nearly as classy as the pictures you have provided, but I think it does the job
)

I don't think the wall is quite that tall, but yes, that is a fairly accurate depiction. I'm also less than certain how high the cylinder stands, but kudos for the attempt. Much better than my skills I'm afraid (the image I posted was not mine).

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   

What about planets/stars?

the main thing i want to know is why you had a problem with the round earth to come up with you Flat one.

What about planets and stars? I'm not sure what your question is.

Have you ever looked at the earth up close? It certainly looks flat. Why do you have a problem with the flat earth model that requires a round one? I didn't invent flat earth theory.

link   
utter rubbish _Del_

to prove something it needs to be done mathematically, show me the numbers dude, show me the numbers.

if you have 2 ideas that are competing then they are just that ... just ideas..... its been proven that the earth is a sphere (although not a perfect one) and the proof has been available for all to see for many many years ... and yes its mathematical proof. for your model to be even worth considering it needs to be presented numerically, on such a big and important subject such as this ... there is no alternative.....

so ...... please show me the numbers. .....

link   
reply to post by _Del_

You also left out the question about the satalites and the ISS and all the stuff in earths orbit, wouldnt these hit your sun or moon?. so are you saying that ALL the planets in our solar system have there own sun? or does your theory also get rid of the idea of a solar system? we have pictures of the sun from mars so i dobut it, and also pictures of a round earth and other round planets so i dont see why you wanted to try to change a good proven theory like the round earth.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

reply to post by _Del_

You also left out the question about the satalites and the ISS and all the stuff in earths orbit, wouldnt these hit your sun or moon?. so are you saying that ALL the planets in our solar system have there own sun? or does your theory also get rid of the idea of a solar system? we have pictures of the sun from mars so i dobut it, and also pictures of a round earth and other round planets so i dont see why you wanted to try to change a good proven theory like the round earth.

As I've stated, in flat earth theory sustained space flight is impossible. The pictures from NASA are all faked.

The planets orbit the sun, just like the round earth model.

Earth Circumference: 78225 miles, Diameter: 24,900 miles

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

I'm sorry, I'm just not buying it. There is just too much actual proof proving you otherwise. There is too much "The government is lying to us about it" for my liking, seems a bit of a cop-out.

WHY would the powers that be want us to believe the world was a sphere if it was flat? It just doesn't make any sense, there is no logical reason for it.

People have been to Antartica and flown over it and have you ever heard of this endless wall of ice? Or was it all lies? No one has ever actually been to Antartica? (all those tours of Antartica you can go on actually just take you to a random, MASSIVE, ice shelf somewhere (that isn't in your earth model anywhere, btw) and not actually to Antartica)

There's just so many problems with your theory and it involves too many lies from so. many. different people.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
okay...

3 pages is enough, can we stop feeding the trolls please.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

WHY would the powers that be want us to believe the world was a sphere if it was flat? It just doesn't make any sense, there is no logical reason for it.

People have been to Antartica and flown over it and have you ever heard of this endless wall of ice? Or was it all lies? No one has ever actually been to Antartica? (all those tours of Antartica you can go on actually just take you to a random, MASSIVE, ice shelf somewhere (that isn't in your earth model anywhere, btw) and not actually to Antartica)

There's just so many problems with your theory and it involves too many lies from so. many. different people.

Here is a picture of the ice wall

uwamrc.ssec.wisc.edu...

How do you get to Antartica? You go away from the magnetic North Pole. doing that from any position takes you to the edge of the disc. That edge is the "south pole" It's not just a stand alone ice wall. There is ice before you get to the wall. That is Antartica. Many people have been there.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

That is a very pretty picture of Antartica you posted. But no, I am walking away from this convinced the Earth is a sphere and, for some strange reason, despite the evidence you seem intent on believing otherwise.

Each to their own I suppose.

See you around, Del

Edit to point out that we've both been spelling Antarctica wrong this whole time. APPARENTLY there is another c in there. Go figure!

[edit on 20-4-2008 by Toy_soldier]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

explain this.

also, i think everyone should be aware of the possibility that this person is just pulling our collective leg. nobody could really believe this stuff, right?

failing that, the 'the governments of the world won't let you near [the ice wall]' bit does a pretty good job of putting this down to paranoid delusion.

either way, arguing is probably pointless.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
okay...

3 pages is enough, can we stop feeding the trolls please.

I said in my first post I don't subscribe to the theory. I've also said multiple times that it is an exercise in critical thinking. Flat earth theory is remarkably well constructed (though markedly untrue). The exercise is to think your way through the problem on either side.
The theory is atleast as advanced as the majority of "theories" or world views out there posted in the forums. I'm surprised at the vitriol this harmless one produces.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by _Del_]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join