It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

"Welcome to the forums. How are you going to travel west in a straight line? Following a compass? Great. Please note to travel west you must travel perpendicular to the compass's North. If the compass always points to the north pole (magnetic north pole), then you will travel in a circle around the pole. "

Well according to you then,we live in a 2 dimensional world right?

If you say you can't travel outside of a circle?

I guess the fact that you can go out right now and WALK IN ANY DIRECTION disproves you.

You and logician continuously contradict yourselfs.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This entire thread is a joke. You took a model you came up with on your own and you're calling it fact without any proof at all and it's very obvious that you don't fully understand most of what you're trying to say.

I can't believe there's still people who buy into this theory after we've gone into space and have PROVEN that it's not flat multiple times. Stop calling your model fact when you have NOTHING to back it up with at all.

Now here's the part where you split my post into multiple quotes so you can have a couple huge posts on one single page. When people do that on forums, multiple times on one page alone, it's a sign that they just want some attention.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I didnt read this entire thread, and im sure many questions were brought up or the theory was just laughed at and discarded.
but i do have a few questions for the op.

are all other objects in space flat too? planets, moons etc? are stars flat also?
how does the earth support life being flat? how do we have different seasons with a flat earth?
how do we have flat opjects in space when about half of the members on this site believe that the big bang sparked the birth of our uiniverse?

your theory lacks evidence and it lacks a lot of logic. light can be bent with gravity but the earth is very small compared to the mass that is needed in order to bend light.

also if the earth is flat, how do we have a magnetic field? earth would have to spin about a certain axis in order for induction to take place.
and if the earth were flat, it wouldnt appear round from all angles of outter space.

wow just thinking about this is hilarious.

good luck getting this published in a science journal.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
What is it with you people??? Has the book burning mobile been around to your town lately and brain washed you as well? Is this whole topic a joke??

I am so incensed by your pathethic diagrams that I had to sign up and tell you you need to escape the cult that has entrapped you.

Lets see.
*Gravity - it distorts the light and we are on a big flat disc. Err... gravity is what makes the stellar objects round and because of the rotation of those objects slightly squat at the poles. Not to mention that rotational forces would send us all flying out to Antartica.
*Not falling off- It is all very well to have the North Pole in the middle and that you can fly from anyhere to anywhare but what about Antartica. That sir, irrespective of anything you say is where your "Theory" falls over. I know you can fly from New Zealand to Argentina over the South Pole not only that if you were to circumnavigate Antartic from your diagram it would be 50,000 + miles which just isn't the case. And what happened to the dudes that actually made it to the South Pole? I don't recall them falling off!
*The sun is a spotlight shining on different parts of the globe- well really???

I think you need to post an apology to the site administrators and the people you have offended by the ridiculous ascertion that the Earth is flat and that you 2 are the only people in the world who "know" this. Grow up and stop wasting everyones time.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

that is quite possibly the best thing I have read today.

we can all argue anything and well its all a matter of opinion no matter how much "proof" or "facts are involved.
Instead of arguing over weather or not the world is flat, maybe we should just all agree that none of anything is "factual", wasnt science an invention or just an idea at one point? Why do people give so much credit to "facts" unless they themselves are the ones discovering for themselves the only thing that is true; and that is discovered within oneself, and nowhere else.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by coop039
I dont think this has been asked yet:

Do you (Del and LM) believe in life on other planets?
Do you believe in a infinite universe?

Life on other planets is possible. It'd probably be much smaller than one might expect with a round earth model.
The universe is finite. Just big. There is a model that explains flat earth as an infinite plane, but I don't advocate that theory here. By and large (pun) it's the same as the model I'm presenting however.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by yinyang23
If the earth really is flat, how is it possible to dig and dig and not get to the other side? Only reply if you have an intelligent answer, nothing off the wall totally!

Um, if the earth is round, how is it possible to dig and dig and not get to the other side?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by _Del_

"Welcome to the forums. How are you going to travel west in a straight line? Following a compass? Great. Please note to travel west you must travel perpendicular to the compass's North. If the compass always points to the north pole (magnetic north pole), then you will travel in a circle around the pole. "

This doesn't show a two dimensional world. I asked how he was going to continually travel west. The same thing would happen on a round earth. The effect is magnified near the pole if you'd like to try it in a real or flat model.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david
This entire thread is a joke. You took a model you came up with on your own and you're calling it fact without any proof at all and it's very obvious that you don't fully understand most of what you're trying to say.

I did not invent the round or flat earth model.

Now here's the part where you split my post into multiple quotes so you can have a couple huge posts on one single page. When people do that on forums, multiple times on one page alone, it's a sign that they just want some attention.

I wasn't going to do that; I try only to do that when someone asks multiple questions and my reply is not near them, and I do it for clarity's sake. But it clearly bothers you for reasons I do not understand. Cheer up. There is room in the flat earth for round earth believers. Feel free to not give me attention.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is totally absurd! If the earth was flat there wouldn't have been a day and night and if you suggest that the earth is flat then the chances are pretty good that the sun and all other planets are flat. So just explain to me why would it then be that the flat side is always facing to you, otherwise you just would've seen planets as flat discs. Please get a life and bury this ridiculous theory your's.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogga

First, welcome to the forums.
Second, I am not a member of any religious organization, although I consider myself rather "religious" if we are to use the term.
Third, most of your questions don't address the model I'm advocating here. So I can not address them. Those that do apply have been answered several times.
Fourth, why on earth would you register to defend your round earth theory from something that is "pathetic" and a "joke". I'm sorry you are so "incensed" over a theory that differs from your own. I would certainly suggest one stays away from topics he finds emotionally damaging.
Fifth, the number of people believing something is not a reflection of somethings truth.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Emile124

I've already explained the appearance of day and night. I don't personally believe the sun and moon are flat. Nor does the model I'm advocating promote it.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_

Originally posted by shiman

Also the cooling and heating of air and water causes currents. This would not happen if the earth was flat. The air and water would remain relatively the same temprature and there would be no wind or water currents.

I can't imagine why you would think this is true.

O rly. In case you havent known, and i acually did experiments with this with my teapot, HEAT makes air RISE and COLD makes things FALL. That is why we have CLOWDS. CLOWDS are bunches of WATER that HEAT up to RISE in the air. STEAM is what water is when you heat it above 100 digrees celceus. (excuse my spelling). When clowds cool off the water FALLS DOWN towards the earth. that is why rain is not hot when it hits you.

You really sould provide evidence why this isnt true.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Origonaly posted by _del_

you are taking away our concept of planetary objects and their functions. Saying that earth is the biggest thing in our galexy, and that the sun is smaller than earth, would imply that a sun, dareisay near the size of our moon, would be revolved around by a bunch of tiny stars that are actually bigger than other so-called-big stars is maddening.

The sun would not revolve around the stars. The sun and moon revolve around the north pole. There are thousands of smaller stars in the sky, that much is true.

That makes your side look a lot clearer. But in your theory, why is earth the only one that is flat and everything revolves around it? Isnt that a little egotistical?

If earth was moving up at a rate, wouldnt the shuttle and the ISS and all of the other sattelites up there have fallen off already? Or, because i have just forgot newtons laws, wouldve seent he other side already?

Oh and whats on the other side then?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think logician magician and _Del_ have brought up an interesting point -- and I don't mean that I think the Earth is flat...

...The interesting point that I see is that any ridiculous theory can be put forward on ATS -- as long as the originator of the theory counters any scientific evidence that goes against his theory with "but you can't trust the scientific establishment (in this case NASA).

They seem to have their theory all buttoned up and have answers for most rebuttals (albeit unscietific simplistic answers)...and when someone says "what about satellites in orbit" or "what about pictures from the space station", they simply reply "you can't trust NASA". What a convenient answer.

No...I think logician magician and _Del_ (maybe the same person?) DO NOT actually subscribe to this flat Earth theory...I think they are just trying to point out how any absurd theory could be put forward and be made to sound plausible, especially if you simply discount the scientific establishment as "being in on the conspiracy to hide the truth"

ps -- thanks for the laugh guys. I love good intelligent satire.

[edit on 4/23/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

It feels good to acually be in a civilized debate for once, even if it is fake.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

It feels good to acually be in a civilized debate for once, even if it is fake.

I agree completely -- a very poilte debate...I'm just sorry that I wasn't on this thread earlier to engage in the debate with them. It was fun to read, but it probably would have been more fun to participate.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Well _Del_, me, my brain and my ego are back. I said I'd kill you with my brain, didn't I? Well, here goes.
you said that the earth is accelerating upwards at a constant rate of 9.8 m/s^2, correct?
you also said somewhere that you agreed that once it reached the speed of light, everything would probably collapse into a black hole, correct?
Assuming then that your concessions are all I'm allowed to use to disprove anything, I shall now attempt the impossible, and make you recant your theory.
First of all, many painfully accurate atomic clocks on different longitudes and latitudes of the earth have all been measuring the exact same time by the exact same means for years, so we'll rule out the possibility of time dilation to mess this result up.
Second, take the equation that gives a velocity, given change in time and acceleration.

v(final)=v(initial) + (acceleration)*(change in time)

Third, let's use my lifespan so far as the value for change in time (assuming of course that when I was born, velocity was equal to zero - this is just to prove a point, bear with me)

so that's

18 years
6,570 days
157,680 hours
9,640,800 minutes
567,648,000 seconds

now lets plug that into the equation

v (final) = 0 m/s + (9.8 m/s^2)*(567,648,000 seconds)

this equation yields the earth's current velocity as a whopping 5,562,950,400 m/s (~5.56x10^9 m/s)

as the speed of light is significantly less, 3.0x10^8, i can only assume that we've been living in a black hole for quite a while. maybe that's why physics don't matter, i don't know.

_Del_, it's been fun. but this is simple physics. now humor me, and please don't try to argue by refuting the laws of science. thanks.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

O rly. In case you havent known, and i acually did experiments with this with my teapot, HEAT makes air RISE and COLD makes things FALL. That is why we have CLOWDS. CLOWDS are bunches of WATER that HEAT up to RISE in the air. STEAM is what water is when you heat it above 100 digrees celceus. (excuse my spelling). When clowds cool off the water FALLS DOWN towards the earth. that is why rain is not hot when it hits you.

You really sould provide evidence why this isnt true.

I do believe that heat causes things to rise. Clouds are water that cool high in the air (after heat has made vapor rise). Steam is what water is when you heat it above 100deg C. When clouds supersaturate, water may fall down towards earth. There are several reasons why water is not neccessarily hot, but I will not reject your hypothesis as a contributer out of hand. I fail to see how this meteorology affects the truth (or false-) value of a flat earth.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Seven

I suggest you study lorentz transformation of accelerating objects. The equation you have used is only good for low relative speeds.

The correct equation for high relative speeds is:

v = (a + w) / (1 + aw ÷ c2)

V is your speed
a is your acceleration
and W is your previous speed

At low speed it is so close to v=d/t that it doesn't matter, but at high speed you will never reach the speed of light.
EDIT: I hope this information does not cause you, your brain or your ego to wither. Best wishes from the flat earth community.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join