It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

And also another thing, how about stars, the earth would have to rotate, because the stars position changes with rotation?

[edit on 21-4-2008 by _Phoenix_]

Do you belive the earth rotates? or do all the stars move at the same exact time?

I believe the earth rotates. In flat earth theory one or both may rotate. There are several competing flat earth theories.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This all too amusing – I’ve got a few questions

1) There are plenty of theories on how the earth was formed so how does this theory answer it?
2) What would happen if I was to drill a hole in the ice wall to the other side?
3) Does this theory mean the universe is flat as well?
4) What is under the flat earth to support it?
5) Where do Meteors come from?
6) How thick is the earth’s crust?
7) If the earth is flat how do earthquakes happen?
8) How come cotenants drift?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_

And also another thing, how about stars, the earth would have to rotate, because the stars position changes with rotation?

[edit on 21-4-2008 by _Phoenix_]

Do you belive the earth rotates? or do all the stars move at the same exact time?

I believe the earth rotates. In flat earth theory one or both may rotate. There are several competing flat earth theories.

Yet there are no competing sphere earth theories. In fact, there are no sphere earth theories. It is a fact that the earth is a sphere.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
This theory doesnt work out in normal or quantum physics. If the sun was about 3000 miles away, wouldnt we all be burning up?

Also the cooling and heating of air and water causes currents. This would not happen if the earth was flat. The air and water would remain relatively the same temprature and there would be no wind or water currents.

The disk would also stay the same temprature because the sun would be hitting one side all of the time heating the disk. Also, according to your theory, the north pole is in the center of the disk. Why isnt it just water?

Just for your fyi, the hollow earth theory is a theory that states there are millions of underground tubes running beneath the surface, not that the whole of the earth is solid.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
If ancient people once believed the earth to be flat, there may still be the possibility that the earth is flat. For whatever reason, I just had a thought that maybe places (where people fly into nowhere, like the Bermuda Triangle, disappear and never return) could possibly be an outer ‘edge’ of this planet. And noone could possibly come back from ‘nowhere’ because anything beyond the borders of a flat planet, well, is just ‘empty space’.

Yes, I still believe the earth is spherical in shape.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by shiman
This theory doesnt work out in normal or quantum physics. If the sun was about 3000 miles away, wouldnt we all be burning up?

Unless the sun were not as large as you think it is.

Also the cooling and heating of air and water causes currents. This would not happen if the earth was flat. The air and water would remain relatively the same temprature and there would be no wind or water currents.

I can't imagine why you would think this is true.

The disk would also stay the same temprature because the sun would be hitting one side all of the time heating the disk. Also, according to your theory, the north pole is in the center of the disk. Why isnt it just water?

Again, if the sun were significantly larger than the earth, this would be true. The sun does not "hit" the same areas of the earth all the time, which is why we have day and night.

Just for your fyi, the hollow earth theory is a theory that states there are millions of underground tubes running beneath the surface, not that the whole of the earth is solid.

Ah, yes. We call them caves in Flat Earth Theory. My mistake. For some reason I could have sworn I've heard the entrance to hollow earth is located in antarctica. Which would be the outer rim of the world.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
If ancient people once believed the earth to be flat, there may still be the possibility that the earth is flat. For whatever reason, I just had a thought that maybe places (where people fly into nowhere, like the Bermuda Triangle, disappear and never return) could possibly be an outer ‘edge’ of this planet. And noone could possibly come back from ‘nowhere’ because anything beyond the borders of a flat planet, well, is just ‘empty space’.

Yes, I still believe the earth is spherical in shape.

Most ancient people's cosmology was clearly religious in nature. Secular science is largely opposed to anything that may be considered or reference religion. To abandon something like Flat Earth Theory to dismiss ancient religion/myth would hardly stretch one's imagination.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Okay..... my FIRST POST yayy

well, if the Earth is flat, then

firstlysaid;;; if i traveled west a fairly straight line from africa to australia, via passing america, due straight west mind you, on the map provided by idunnowho i42.photobucket.com... then i'd find myself at antarctica, ... sad

secondofall\\\ has nobody here heard of latitude.
on your mapy 40degrees N would not be as long as 40degrees S, because of ALL OF THAT EXTRA bit of ocean ya putt in the sea... between the continents... yea that

thirdly /./
you see, we have these things called telescopes. people see planet changes alla the time. WE CAN SEE JUPITER, WE'RE NOT STUPID
the government didn't put up pictures in the sky to convince us, plz, history isn't all a lie... many civilizations chartted the skies and star patterns... i'm sure US government isn't just some recently discovered cult that's tried controlling the earth since cavemen
poor people in 1969,
they all thought somebody really actually landed on the moon... too bad it was really only some flat circle resting really close to earth

Fourthly\\\ emBARRASSINGLY
there are these things called lunar eclipses

fifthly=+_-=-
so those people that have gravity defying simulators and the pictures seen of people floating in spaceships are really excited that they're doing what exactly?
um, and what happens when people exit the atmosphere? ya know, in jet planes and all? are they going to go draw some more stars for us to believe in? maybe it's really those glow in the dark things.... maybe the sun is really a huge ultra-v lightbulb that the government uses to light the glowstick stars!!! wow i feel demented even thinking that but um hey next

sixthly-(_)(_(*& so if we're not in a galaxy, where the heck are we? if there was no sun nor moon, would we die? or are we in a box in some huge mongosaurous persons's room

Seventhly *^*&^ why'd they have to go up and make daylight savings when really we don't even rotate around the sun..........

more more more gosh
silly peopo

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
also the center of the north pole would be on a perpendicular line that goes through the center of the entire universe or wherever you think we are.

If somebody was in NY facing south and looking at the heavenly bodies and big dipper and little dipper and whatever else, he/she would see them in a certain way. (upright, upside down, rotated clockwise, etc.)

but later, somebody on the other side of the planet, like in russia, facing south also would look up and would see them in that same, certain way, as opposed to upside down, upright, rotated counterclockwise, whatver the other is not. cuz the earth rotated for them to see them this way..

of course... aliens could have just put a huge tv over our heads so that we could see anything to convince us that we're on a spherical planet

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by lively
Okay..... my FIRST POST yayy

well, if the Earth is flat, then

firstlysaid;;; if i traveled west a fairly straight line from africa to australia, via passing america, due straight west mind you, on the map provided by idunnowho i42.photobucket.com... then i'd find myself at antarctica, ... sad

Welcome to the forums. How are you going to travel west in a straight line? Following a compass? Great. Please note to travel west you must travel perpendicular to the compass's North. If the compass always points to the north pole (magnetic north pole), then you will travel in a circle around the pole.

secondofall\\\ has nobody here heard of latitude.
on your mapy 40degrees N would not be as long as 40degrees S, because of ALL OF THAT EXTRA bit of ocean ya putt in the sea... between the continents... yea that

aaaandd.....

thirdly /./
you see, we have these things called telescopes. people see planet changes alla the time. WE CAN SEE JUPITER, WE'RE NOT STUPID
the government didn't put up pictures in the sky to convince us, plz, history isn't all a lie... many civilizations chartted the skies and star patterns... i'm sure US government isn't just some recently discovered cult that's tried controlling the earth since cavemen
poor people in 1969,
they all thought somebody really actually landed on the moon... too bad it was really only some flat circle resting really close to earth

I'm glad you can see Jupiter. You can even see it without this telescope device you speak of. Many civilizations charted the skies and star patterns and believed the earth was flat. Tracking the sky and a flat earth are not incompatible. Sustained space flight is impossible in flat earth theory. I've never said the moon was flat, even in flat earth theory.

Fourthly\\\ emBARRASSINGLY
there are these things called lunar eclipses

Yes, they are quite beautiful.

fifthly=+_-=-
so those people that have gravity defying simulators and the pictures seen of people floating in spaceships are really excited that they're doing what exactly?
um, and what happens when people exit the atmosphere? ya know, in jet planes and all? are they going to go draw some more stars for us to believe in? maybe it's really those glow in the dark things.... maybe the sun is really a huge ultra-v lightbulb that the government uses to light the glowstick stars!!! wow i feel demented even thinking that but um hey next

People do not exit the atmosphere in jet planes. Believe me it defies the laws that govern airplanes, jet or otherwise. Noone draws in stars in the sky (except perhaps God if you speak metaphorically). I doubt the government is capable of building a lightbulb as efficient as the sun. And it certainly would be over budget if they did. I'm not sure where you're headed with this.

sixthly-(_)(_(*& so if we're not in a galaxy, where the heck are we? if there was no sun nor moon, would we die? or are we in a box in some huge mongosaurous persons's room

You're on the earth. I assume that life would be more or less impossible without a sun, but I suppose one could devise a theory or circumstance that would allow it. Again, I'm not sure what relevance this poses. The rest of your question is more metaphysical than applicable to flat or round earth.

Seventhly *^*&^ why'd they have to go up and make daylight savings when really we don't even rotate around the sun..........

??? No one had to make daylight savings. Why would we have to make daylight savings time with a round earth? Many places don't. I fail to see this as criticism of the flat earth model. Perhaps you could clarify?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Oh dear.
ok

A lunar eclipse, as opposed to a solar eclipse, is where the earth stands in front of the moon, BETWEEN the moon and sun, therefore directly blocking the light of the sun from hitting the moon.

-This would not be possible with a FET

Somebody by now would already have discovered that 40N and 40S latitude were not the same lengths, and the entire, worldly |and might i add, researched and experimented and relied upon| latitude-longitude concepts would be already found irrational and illogical, being as we'd have huge spaces of nothingness where sent ships would discover.

If someone were to take a very long, straight, bamboo stick or whatever, or just keep walking, and keep traveling straight somewhere, following a spherical globe, or one of today's maps (with longitude and latitude), that say "travel this way and you'll end up there", well then it would work. Yet were someone to do that with the flat earth theory's map, they'd find themselves at an unplanned location.

So what would happen if we tried exiting earth via skyward? Would we hit a ceiling?

Plus it has been proved that if an object was ejected out into the horizon, at a certain angle and a certain speed, it would go into orbit around the earth.ahem. proved

uh, what about the gravity simulators again? Gravity, the cause of the law of attraction, that has been tested and found true. That can be created, and experimented with.
You're trying to prove a world without meaning of gravity, and thus, orbitals. If you believed in this orbit, and so, gravity, then the smaller would revolve around the bigger. Where the Earth does not orbit. Where the sun is actually smaller than our, um, paper. If it was not so big, it would be a star, and stars wouldnt emit enough heat to warm the entire planet. Where mars, and venus, and jupiter, AHEM, and neptune, and etc etc ice, rocks, etc etc, revolve around the sun. Even the mayans knew that Saturn revolved around the sun. Yet, if you don't believe saturn is a planet, but a star, a ball of gas, then we would be able to tell from sattelites. People have researched gravity much more than you have.

you are taking away our concept of planetary objects and their functions. Saying that earth is the biggest thing in our galexy, and that the sun is smaller than earth, would imply that a sun, dareisay near the size of our moon, would be revolved around by a bunch of tiny stars that are actually bigger than other so-called-big stars is maddening.

All of the planets in our solar system would revolve around earth, and yet would be smaller than earth, relying upon our tiny sunmoon to heat up mars and jupiter.

plus If the earth kept going forever downward underneath us, we would weigh tons more than what we do now.

Also, could you set right the post i put earlier right before your last post plz?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lively
Oh dear.
ok

A lunar eclipse, as opposed to a solar eclipse, is where the earth stands in front of the moon, BETWEEN the moon and sun, therefore directly blocking the light of the sun from hitting the moon.

-This would not be possible with a FET

You're entirely correct. Please feel free to read one of the three or four times I've explained this phenomena throughout the course of the thread.

Somebody by now would already have discovered that 40N and 40S latitude were not the same lengths, and the entire, worldly |and might i add, researched and experimented and relied upon| latitude-longitude concepts would be already found irrational and illogical, being as we'd have huge spaces of nothingness where sent ships would discover.

That's silly. There would not be nothingness. There would be ocean. Probably an uncharted island or two, but that's far from certain. You would think they would see it is illogical, wouldn't you. I'm as surprised as you are.

If someone were to take a very long, straight, bamboo stick or whatever, or just keep walking, and keep traveling straight somewhere, following a spherical globe, or one of today's maps (with longitude and latitude), that say "travel this way and you'll end up there", well then it would work. Yet were someone to do that with the flat earth theory's map, they'd find themselves at an unplanned location.

Correct. If the earth were round and you used an accurate round earth map and somehow had a way to travel straight you'd likely get there. If the earth is flat and you use a round earth map you probably won't even if you could somehow go straight.

So what would happen if we tried exiting earth via skyward? Would we hit a ceiling?

Well, you reach a ceiling in an airplane, but I'm not certain that is what you are referring to.

Plus it has been proved that if an object was ejected out into the horizon, at a certain angle and a certain speed, it would go into orbit around the earth.ahem. proved

Proved[sic] how? By NASA? You clearly haven't been reading this thread or any of the hundreds of threads at ATS about NASA. How can you perpetually fall around a flat earth without a gravitational field? With a round earth producing a gravitational field this may be possible, I will grant you.

uh, what about the gravity simulators again? Gravity, the cause of the law of attraction, that has been tested and found true. That can be created, and experimented with.

Gravity doesn't exist. Even in round earth theory. It's a fictitious force. If you have a problem with this, please address it to Einstein as I make no claim to being smarter than he.

You're trying to prove a world without meaning of gravity, and thus, orbitals. If you believed in this orbit, and so, gravity, then the smaller would revolve around the bigger. Where the Earth does not orbit. Where the sun is actually smaller than our, um, paper. If it was not so big, it would be a star, and stars wouldnt emit enough heat to warm the entire planet. Where mars, and venus, and jupiter, AHEM, and neptune, and etc etc ice, rocks, etc etc, revolve around the sun. Even the mayans knew that Saturn revolved around the sun. Yet, if you don't believe saturn is a planet, but a star, a ball of gas, then we would be able to tell from sattelites. People have researched gravity much more than you have.

The word you are looking for is geodesics not orbitals. Regardless, the sun is clearly bigger than the stars. For proof of this I refer you to the night sky. Mars, Venus, Jupiter, etc all orbit the sun. This is observable. Again Gravity as you are so fond of referring me to does not exist. People have researched newton's gravity much more than you have and decided it doesn't exist. It's a fictitious force. I suspect, not unkindly, that have a better grasp of "gravity" than you do.

you are taking away our concept of planetary objects and their functions. Saying that earth is the biggest thing in our galexy, and that the sun is smaller than earth, would imply that a sun, dareisay near the size of our moon, would be revolved around by a bunch of tiny stars that are actually bigger than other so-called-big stars is maddening.

The sun would not revolve around the stars. The sun and moon revolve around the north pole. There are thousands of smaller stars in the sky, that much is true.

All of the planets in our solar system would revolve around earth, and yet would be smaller than earth, relying upon our tiny sunmoon to heat up mars and jupiter.

The planets, which wouldn't be PLANEts, revolve around the sun.

plus If the earth kept going forever downward underneath us, we would weigh tons more than what we do now.

If the earth kept going forever downward underneath us, we would "weigh" tons less than we do now.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by lively

You would only see the much smaller stars that are stationed above your portion of sky. If you can't see the sun all the time why would you see all the stars at the same time? Your question does not reflect the model.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
V
Q * A
M

okay i don't know if it's centered, but say that all of those letters were around the asterisk (earth). Now in today's life, in actuality, one person facing antarctica, looking up during the night in new york, would see V (like an upright big dipper) the shape it is in completely that way, not upside down V. Let the earth revolve (stick with me in this spherical earth theory) and now it's nighttime for moscow. Standing towards antarctica, they look at the sky and see V exactly as it is also.

okay that's what actually happens. true? true.
no denying that. people facing a certain way on one side of earth will see stars the same formation in the same position as the people on the other side will see.

but, in your flat earth theory, the center of the (so called) universe would revolve around the north pole. Because that is in the center.

A person in new york facing antarctica at night on a flat earth would look up, see a V shape stars (like an upright big dipper). And a person at night on a flat earth, being as it doesnt rotate (since the sun and moon do), would look out into space at night, and see an upside down V. Like looking straight up and finding up from down. (remember they are facing antarctica). that throws the planets out of their orbit.

and that still doesnt explain why it's easier to see a certain galaxy in Hawaii easier than it is in Canada. And why we have northern lights if there is no real magnetic field.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
ps if the planets rotated with flat earth then that would still make V upside down.

If only one rotated, then we'd notice that it did, because there would be an axis it revolved around, and if that was earth, then it would be the north pole, and if it was the north pole, then there would be weird problems with it like storms and magnetic problems for the world. If they revolved then there would be a form of gravity.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lively

The stars and/or the earth rotate/spin. Earth's atmosphere diffracts and refracts light. This is why you can't see the far away stars. Here is proof of the relative rotation in the south and north

www.danheller.com...

I'm not sure why you would assume there is no magnetism. That is silly. Perhaps you've never owned a compass.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Sooooooooooooo does this mean that a flat earth is rotating around the space, "sun", "galaxies" etc?? Or is it even rotating at all?? What about the moon?? Does it apply to all planets, stars etc etc?? Sorry if this has already been answered I haven't read all the posts.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
if four sides are flat and put together it should then have aproximately 4 holes from where it dosent cover, bermuda triangle and other similar places might explain this.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I dont think this has been asked yet:

Do you (Del and LM) believe in life on other planets?
Do you believe in a infinite universe?

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If the earth really is flat, how is it possible to dig and dig and not get to the other side? Only reply if you have an intelligent answer, nothing off the wall totally!

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join