It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Blaine, I'm not sure what that would prove.
On the march equinox the sun is directly overhead when viewed from the equator. (90deg or perpendicular to the earth). If you viewing from 45lat to the north at the same time, the sun is at 45degrees to the horizon(or the perpindicular). The same 45 degree angle is viewed from south at 45lat. On a flat earth the result is a two right triangles with equidistant legs. The distance between two points at 45lat N and 45lat S (assuming they are along the same longitude) is approximately 3000 miles. That is how we know the sun is approximately 3000 miles away from the earth. Diagram it. It's true.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dienekes

I don't advocate the same flat earth theory as the OP so some of your data wouldn't effect my model. But what about the rings of saturn, you ask. Yes, indeed what about them. Why are they flat? If gravity will cause things to accrete in spheres infallibly doesn't it stand to reason the ring material would be more evenly divided across the sky of saturn? Why would they form a plane? Why do galaxies appear and accrete in discs? It would appear somethings do, and somethings don't in certain circumstances.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
How would a flat Earth account for the ocean currents? Why would they flow in a clockwise fashion in the "northern" hemisphere and counter-clockwise in the "southern" hemisphere?

Also, if the moon were over South America, the tides would be as follows:

How does a Flat Earth model account for the tidal effect rotating like spokes through the disk? If tides are effected by the moon's gravity, how is there a high tide on the west coast of Australia?

We know how ocean currents and tides are accounted for on a spherical Earth rotating on its axis. How are they accounted for on a flat Earth?

P.S. If you think anyone here has been rude, check out the forums at the Flat Earth Society webpage. Yikes.

www.theflatearthsociety.org...

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Newton's theory is insufficient to describe tides with a lunar model.

www.sacred-texts.com...

Both tides and currents are explained by the wobble and rotation of the disc. Also note that the areas spinning counter clockwise are located near the colder (as compared to the north pole) area of the rim edge or Antarctica. There may be some causal relationship with temperature as it relates to pressure.
There are many different tides throughout the day, not just two. It is hypothesized that these are caused by wave superposition and interference. It is also likely these are in part caused by bands of high and low pressure that move through the turbulent atmospheric gradient. Tides are one of the least understood phenomena of both round and flat earth theory. Google tidal anomaly for details on round earth theory problems explaining them.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It would be impossible to have an atmosphere if the earth was flat. Exactly how flat is it? Can you calculate it for me, so i can go tell all the oil company's not to drill to deep so so we dont put a hole to the other side.

Explain to me how the sun lights half the earth at one time?If the earth was flat, and facing the sun, then wouldnt we not have night?

Please go back to school, before you post nonsence like this!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Also explain to me, how hurricanes could spin two diffrent ways in your flat earth model?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_

Not true. Flat Earth is falsifiable. You don't have to prove the earth isn't Flat or isn't round. You should be arguing that the earth is round and why. Or the areas that flat earth fails to adequately explain the world around you and why round earth is better. You on the other hand clearly have asked to prove a negative, which can't happen. You also appear to be a drip. Are you afraid of flat earth theory? Are we doing that good of a job that you're insecure in your round world? Or are you a plant from the Bavarian Globe Makers Guild?! Are you spreading disinfo attacking posters instead of the post?!

Deny ignorance, indeed....

Heres the problem, many have posted the proof that the earth is round in this thread, but all of is dismissed as lies, government cover ups, or telling us that the math is flawed some how. Not to mention that Del and LM have contradicted themselves with clashing ideas on the "flat earth theory" (i.e. the sun disk, moon being the back of the sun, the whole gravity bending light, but no gravity on flat earth. and others). There has not been ANY tangible proof that the earth is flat, no mathmatical formulas, no pics (well, we do have all those FAKE nasa pics) nothing but "its flat". Several questions have been unanwered, and will probably remain unanswered. And some of the answers are just plain nuts, the entire universe is constantly moving up?! Plus we keep being told to reread the thread. So, whats up? Why does the earth being round scare YOU?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is exactly like the angry creationists. They dont look at the information given to them by evolutionists and they ask the same question over and over again. Then after asking the same question and recieving the same answer, they state how stupid evolutionism is and that it souldnt exist.

Seriously, if you want to come up with a revolutionary idea, dont go to one that has already been disproven.

The earth is round. Simple as that. It spins, it revolves around a round sun, and a round moon revolves around the earth.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I have been to the other side and it belongs to me! Everyone else KEEP OFF!!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I've really enjoyed this thread. If nothing else it shows how upset people can get when something they've believed for their entire life to be an undeniable fact gets challenged.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raistlyyn
It would be impossible to have an atmosphere if the earth was flat. Exactly how flat is it? Can you calculate it for me, so i can go tell all the oil company's not to drill to deep so so we dont put a hole to the other side.

Explain to me how the sun lights half the earth at one time?If the earth was flat, and facing the sun, then wouldnt we not have night?

Please go back to school, before you post nonsence like this!

It's flat as it is not a sphere, but a cylinder with a relatively flat top that converges into an apparent sphere do to photonic interaction with the gravity well permeating from the alledged Higgs Boson. The sun and moon are set atop the flat Earth as spotlights would be, and rotate around the disc much like the needle of a record player. I've presented a model of the sun/moon as being opposite sides of the same light disc; however, this is not the only theory. There have been at least two theories set forth in this thread, so to confuse them is wrong, and to try to reconcile them is pointless. With today's technology, it is impossible to tell if the Earth is flat, a sphere, or a cylinder; They are all merely theories to consider. The flat earth theories can explain every phenomenon that the round earth can, so they are both applicable.

But, the Earth is flat, and it does have an atmosphere - so you are obviously wrong - or are you actually saying that the Earth does not have an atmosphere? It has already been explained at least 4 times how the sun/moon cycle and seasons are able to unevenly heat the Earth which allows for our weather patterns. Everything has been taken into account, if you would just read the entire thread.

Please read the thread. There is no point in repeating the same information over and over again just because someone decides to read the last page.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician
But, the Earth is flat, and it does have an atmosphere - so you are obviously wrong -

Well there you have it. With logic like that, I'm sold on a flat Earth.

or are you actually saying that the Earth does not have an atmosphere?

You're going to have to prove that one to me as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Logician:Sir ,I believe you and whoever agrees with you on this suffer from what Psycologist call "Delusion-False belief held against contrary evidence"

Just a thought.

Hey my Psyc.professor is a prety good counsler........maybe you should see her.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
OP....if I wanna sail away with my beloved to the end of the world, what would the outermost country be?

[edit on 22-4-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
OP....if I wanna sail away with my beloved to the end of the world, what would the outermost country be?

You obviously have not read the explanation for why you can not fall of "the end of the world" so that remark is neither funny, nor clever.

You people just think you are so smart, "lets make fun of the Flat Earthers and their beliefs!" Hey, we are not hurting anyone. You are the kind of people who will adopt anything when it has been accepted by the mainstream.

The ironic part is that you can't even read the thread and digest the information.

edit: I should expect more from a MODERATOR, but even moderators are prone to egotistical ridicule, it would seem.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by logician magician]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

You´re right I havent read the thread because I am privy to secret insider information that has been revealed to me showing that the earth is round.

But you dont have to be this antagonistic about it. I appreciate a far-out theory more than those who get angry at anyone who voices a non-consensus-opinion.

So you say the earth is flat but it has no end? Explain it in simple words because i dont "get" your explanations on the first page.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hey.........he said it had a end..............its surrounded by massive ice shelves.................lol,I hope global warming doesnt really happen or we will fall of like in "Pirates of the Carribean-At worlds end"

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

"lets make fun of the Flat Earthers and their beliefs!" Hey, we are not hurting anyone. You are the kind of people who will adopt anything when it has been accepted by the mainstream. "

Lol-I dont know what else to say about that one.........."Flat Earthers"?

ROFLMA

I think Ill ask my Astronomy professor tonight what he thinks about all this.............lol

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by logician magician
But, the Earth is flat, and it does have an atmosphere - so you are obviously wrong -

Well there you have it. With logic like that, I'm sold on a flat Earth.

And the converse of that being, "But, the Earth is round, and it does have an atmosphere - so you are obviously wrong."

"And there you go! With logic like that, I'm sold on a round Earth."

I'm stunned that the moderators here are allowed to ridicule to such a degree. Even if we are wrong, is it appropriate for the staff here to treat us like stupid and naive children because of our beliefs? The information has been given to rectify the flat Earth model and it is in perfect accord with reality and experience, yet it is even bound to mimicry by the very staff that would indulge alien/NWO conspiracy!

Are the staff here not trained in ethics?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I was genuinely interested in getting an answer to the "end of the world" question.

Ive never had a chance to talk to a flat-earther and here I saw the opportunity to ask one something I was wondering about.

But if you´re gonna take a bit of humor from my side with such antagonism instead of just explaining it...

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join