It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

I'd hope they get something to placate them. I know if I spent millions or even thousands of dollars to go to space, I'd be pissed when I found out the truth.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

OK, suffice it to say that your posts previous to scientific material, changed, to suit what I was saying. You admonish people to read the whole thread? I admonish you to read the last 2 pages to see your incongruities.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Again, what of seeing the sun and the moon at the same time?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

If you are implying that the sun never sets below the horizon in St.Petersburg you are de facto stating that St. Petersburg is in the Arctic Circle. It is not.
The Arctic Circle is defined by that very fact.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

The sun and moon both are above the earth roughly 3000 miles away. There is no reason you can't see them both at the same time. In fact sometimes the moon passes in front of the sun. We call that a solar eclipse.

i42.photobucket.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
The moon and the rest of the solar system is accelerating "upward" at 9.8m/s^2

Okay, I'll bite.

How old is the Earth in years? What is it's current velocity "upward" after a constant acceleration after all those years?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

No worries mate. This is one of those times that I take comfort in the fact that the reader sees the facts. Later.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_

Please, I'm begging you. Read the thread before you ask "obvious things." Most of them have already been asked.

i42.photobucket.com...

So your trying to tell me even thou it's flat we still can't see the sun?

Are you trying to say because the sun is so far we can't see it thus making it night?

Because from that picture we should still be able to see the sun?

Light bends?

Another thing, could you please answer.

Do you believe the sun is what moves? or the flat earth?

And also another thing, how about stars, the earth would have to rotate, because the stars position changes with rotation?

[edit on 21-4-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Uhh, not saying it was you, but one of you two said that the moon was the backside of the sun.

Originally posted by logical magician
The sun and the moon is are just different sides of the same light disc, and we can see the moon during the day (the back of the sun) precisely because the world is a disc. If it was not a disc, it would not be possible.

Atomic particles aren't actualyl spheres. There are some point particles that take up no space at all, like a photon, and the rest are wave functions of energy that only collapse when measured.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

So now you're okay with the fact that the sun sets below the horizon even during White Nights in St Petersburg? Before you were enraged I suggested it. I'm not trying to troll, understand; I'm encouraging dialogue. I'm trying to understand at what point we seperated (other than the whole round/flat thing, of course).

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Yeah, that wasn't me, bud. Sorry.

Sorry for the oneliner, but I didn't want to ignore him.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

We'd have to know reliably how long the earth has been accelerating upward at the rate, as well as any speed it had before it started to accelerate and any other fluctuations of acceleration the system has experienced. Unknowable, I'm afraid, but an excellent question.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Yeah, sorry it wasn't you. I figured you two shared the same theory, but then when I went back I saw you posted that they weren't.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
So if everything is moving at a constant rate up, where does the top and bottom end? I like to think that the universe is infinite, but your saying that the entire universe is moving up. If not, wont we run into something sooner or later? Or, could something else that is moving up run into us?

Good lord, this gets kookier by the minute!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
i know i said i wouldnt bother with this thread again .... but one last question .....

in your model you seem to be suggesting that the sun goes around the earth .... also your graphic seems to suggest this! question .... ever heard of Nicolaus Copernicus??? if not i highly recommend reading his work.

Also, if the earth does not produce gravity but light is bent by gravity, exactly where is the gravity coming from which bends the light. are you sugessting that gravity just .... exists everywhere without the requirement for mass ! If so how does this affect space time in your model.

If i get on a rocket and put myself in "geo-stationary orbit" (i know you have addresed this before) ...... i look down on the earth from this never changing position .... the earth rotates under my feet....... i see one continent slowly disappear to one side and another continent appear on the other. Now if gravity is bending the light and the earth is flat the picture would always remain the same i.e. i would see all of the earth at once (just like looking in a book), if the earth is in fact a sphere then the picture would keep changing...... please explain this !

[edit on 21-4-2008 by scepticsRus]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

for the love of god... someone must have 2 brainshells orbiting around a flat brain...Now i have heard it all. LMAO. Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I really hope this is some kind of joke or troll for the sake of logician magicians sanity. ive heard a lot of out there theories and even entertained many of them for the sake of argument but the flat earth one takes the cake

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Wow, I'm amazed you have kept this going this long

If you look to the left of this post you will notice I'm in Alaska. Currently I'm in Anchorage, but have traveled all over the State.

Today, sunrise and sunset are at 6:18 AM and 9:40 PM respectively. After sunset and before sunrise we have a long period of twilight because the sun travels not far below the horizon. By Summer Solstice it does not actually get dark but stays light enough to function without a light pretty much all day. We will get to around 5 hours between sunset and sunrise.

In Fairbanks it gets to around 1 and a 1/2 hours. Lots of people flock to Fairbanks for the activities on that day. They have all seen proof the Earth is a globe tilted on it's axis.

I have been above the Arctic Circle before and will be again around Memorial Day, so I know for a fact the Earth is a sphere tilted on its axis.

Is this thread perhaps the result of some kind of bet with yourself or someone else meant in jest or to make fun of ATS? If so, it is impressive how far you have taken this.

Oh and I almost forgot, there is no ice wall. In fact trans-polar flights have been routinely done for many moons my friend. If this is a joke, don't you think you have carried it far enough.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Is this thread perhaps the result of some kind of bet with yourself or someone else meant in jest or to make fun of ATS?

It's an exercise in critical thinking and logical argumentation. A flat Earth isn't the most compelling case that can be made, but I find it strangely amusing.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
How does the model account for the distribution of day and night at, say, the equinoxes? How is there daylight twice as far away from the sun as where there is darkness?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join