It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 18
9
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039
 


*SIGH*

Light is bent by gravity. I'll be happy to provide you with a source if you require it. Light is not bent by the earth's gravity because the EARTH PRODUCES NO GRAVITY.
Are we now clear? If you have a new a valid question that actually depicts the theory I am advocating, please feel free to contribute. If you're going to parrot apparent contradictions that are really obvious even to you, please read the thread first and see if I covered it.




posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar
 


I have no experience with PLANEankhs, but I can't deny their existence out of hand because I've never seen one. There might be one somewhere behind the earth out of view, for example. Or one in front of us to far away to see.



posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
Light is bent by gravity. I'll be happy to provide you with a source if you require it. Light is not bent by the earth's gravity because the EARTH PRODUCES NO GRAVITY.
Are we now clear? If you have a new a valid question that actually depicts the theory I am advocating, please feel free to contribute.


OK, what keeps the moon around then, it's own gravity? Oh, and I'd still like my assertation from the last page answered.



posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

You know, if you're going to BS people you really should do some research:


From late May to early July the nights are bright in St Petersburg, with the brightest period, the White Nights, normally lasting from June 11th to July 2nd. The White Nights (Beliye Nochi) are a curious phenomenon caused by St. Petersburg’s very northerly geographical location - at 59 degrees 57' North (roughly on the same latitude as Oslo, Norway, the southern tip of Greenland and Seward, Alaska). St. Petersburg is the world's most northern city with a population over 1 million, and its stands at such a high latitude that the sun does not descend below the horizon enough for the sky to grow dark. In fact night becomes curiously indistinguishable from day, so much so that the authorities never need to turn the city’s streetlights on!


www.saint-petersburg.com...

Antarctica:


Most of the Antarctic winter (June, July) is spent in total darkness (yes, that is 24 hours), with howling winds and storms.


www.biosbcc.net...



I said the sun goes behind the horizon but the sky remains light. Exactly like the article you stated. And that antarctica below the antarctic circle experiences atleast one full cycle of complete darkness. Both of those statements are complimentary of the sources you provided.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by _Del_]



posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Planets are not perfectly spherical, neither are asteroids or comets which all formed through accretion over millions/billions of years. Gravity is a strong force but the reason we have roundish shaped planets and asteroids is because of gravity causing accreting matter to gather on that object more and more. The larger the object gets the more matter it accretes (gravity increases on that object over time which then gathers more material over time).

Combine that with the fact that our solar system formed from a disc of gas and dust and you can easily see how a planet would be able to form a spherical type shape over time. All stars are also roundish because they form under the same principal of accretion from the dust and gas of other stars which have alread died. You can't explain stars being flat because there would be no nuclear reactions beneath the flat surface which would then push those superheated gases to the surface of the sun (which we observe today).

The only way a planet could be flat is if gravity was flat. It isn't. Gravity is shaped differently than the planet itself but gravity permeates all 3 dimensional space around a spherical planet/sun/asteroid. You can't explain a flat surface by a spherical gravity feild.

-ChriS



posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Did they ever answer why sometimes you can see the moon and sun at the same time?



posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid
 


The moon and the rest of the solar system is accelerating "upward" at 9.8m/s^2
I really wish you would read some of the thread first. This has been covered at length.



posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. except for the reptilians that was dumb too. if the earth was flat then people sailing on the ocean would go the planet.



posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
I said the sun goes behind the horizon but the sky remains light. Exactly like the article you stated. And that antarctica below the antarctic circle experiences atleast one full cycle of complete darkness. Both of those statements are complimentary of the sources you provided.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by _Del_]


No, you said:


It is not daylight all the time in St.Petersburg. The sun sets, but the sky still appears bright. It is a distinction, but one with a difference. If it were more northerly only slightly an IN the artic circle the sun would not set below the horizon for atleast one full cycle. The sun would not set. The FET accounts for this in the way the orbit contracts. Staying nearer to the pole. At the solstice this is most pronounced. Antartica during the Winter(or June) solstice receives atleast one day when the sun does not actually rise.


Reread my sources to see how badly you failed at explaining this.



posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR
 


Other Planets, which are not planets really, only earth is a PLANEt (planus, planum --flat). They are spherical, like the sun moon and stars.
If the solar system formed as you say from a DISC of gas, why can't a planet be formed in that shape. Why did the solar system not form in a spherical cloud of gas? Why are spiral galaxies largely planar? Wouldn't that be impossible by your logic?



posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid
 


I fully stand by both what I said AND what your sources said. I see no contradiction there.



posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I feel sorry for those billionairs who paid russia all that money to visit the space station.. Do you guys think they got their money back. Also I have to give cudos to the OP for bringing this up. I am not sure he really believes this but if his original purpose was an exercise in critical thinking I think he accomplished what he set out to do. I for one am very impressed with this thread. It is funny we all think this idea is so rediculous but we keep on trying to prove him wrong. The earth is round, we all know it, if he really believes it isn't who cares.



posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
reply to post by intrepid
 


I fully stand by both what I said AND what your sources said. I see no contradiction there.


Well, how do you debate THAT type of logic?



posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid
 


If you please fully and clearly define my contradiction, I will be happy to assuage your doubts. I believe any disagreement we find ourselves in on this issue is probably semantic.



posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
reply to post by coop039
 


*SIGH*

Light is bent by gravity. I'll be happy to provide you with a source if you require it. Light is not bent by the earth's gravity because the EARTH PRODUCES NO GRAVITY.
Are we now clear? If you have a new a valid question that actually depicts the theory I am advocating, please feel free to contribute. If you're going to parrot apparent contradictions that are really obvious even to you, please read the thread first and see if I covered it.



I know that light is bent by gravity. But your theory states that the reason we see the curvature of the earth at high altitudes is because of the light being bent by gravity. So, if your flat earth model produces NO gravity, where is the gravity coming from that bends the light?

Still no answer as to why a disk shaped sun doesnt appear eliptical at angles?



posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88
 


Perhaps the billionaire space tourist somehow made their money in the propogation of the round earth myth? Do they have connections to the space industry or the Bavarian Globe Makers Guild? Perhaps they are in on the round earth hoax.



posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by coop039
I know that light is bent by gravity. But your theory states that the reason we see the curvature of the earth at high altitudes is because of the light being bent by gravity. So, if your flat earth model produces NO gravity, where is the gravity coming from that bends the light?

Still no answer as to why a disk shaped sun doesnt appear eliptical at angles?


Read the thread. The entire thing if you want to. If you can find where I said earth appears curved because of gravity, I'll give you a cookie. Until then, I am dismissing your posts until I see an apology.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by _Del_]



posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
If you please fully and clearly define my contradiction, I will be happy to assuage your doubts. I believe any disagreement we find ourselves in on this issue is probably semantic.


Sorry, no can do. If I said what I really think my standing on this forum would be in question as I see it more as a matter of lunacy rather than semantics.



posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
also what about space tourism. All those companies are taking deposits for the first flight into space. will those people get a refund?



posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid
 


If you can't define my area of contradiction, I can't explain it to you. I'm happy to provide answers relating to flat earth theory, as I have in several dozen posts already.




top topics



 
9
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join