It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I Die Before You Wake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Our Military is fighting a war that some protest and others believe in, but either way they are miles away and need our support and love. This song is a wonderful tribute to our soldiers who are in harms way everyday and night while the rest of us sleep and enjoy peace in America and across the globe. I thank them with all my heart and soul and wish them a save return home.

Written by Dustin Evans, Dave Brainard & Rick Tiger.

Sung by Dustin Evans.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
"What if there was a war and nobody came?"

I have mixed feelings about saying "support the troops".

You're still giving excuses. I have friends that are over there right now, and I told them they were #ing stupid for going, but they didn't listen. I hope they don't die, but they should've been more aware. It #ing sucks that they were fooled into an unjust war, but then again, that's the way it's been for thousands of years. Nobody learns?

I say, let this be a lesson to the present troops, and anyone who wishes to become a troop. Who are you fighting for? and when is it appropriate to fight and kill, if it is at all?

In the end, they aren't fighting for us. They are fighting for the rich and powerful's agendas. We can pull this lovey dovey patriotic spirit crap all we want, we're still making excuses.... and doing the troops more harm than good by giving the military, as a whole, our support through the medium of "the troops".

If you said "please wish my son luck and hope that he comes home safely" I would totally give my undying affection, but "the troops" is too vague a term for me to get all teary eyed about. The troops, in general, are killing people!!!

[edit on 20-4-2008 by indierockalien]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

You have to realize that many soldiers do not see the world the same way that many on here do. They signed up to defend our country and our families from danger and to protect our way of life. When you sign up for that, most people have to put some blinders on so they can continue to feel that what they are doing is right. It is hard to remove yourself from the situation and see things how they really are.

We also still need the soldiers to defend this country, especially in current times where our moron of a President has pissed off the entire world. Every day that Bush threatens other nations, our chances of being attacked has to increase.

It is very unfortunate that our troops are being used as pawns in these conflicts but I still support them. I DO NOT support our politicians though. Greedy cowards.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

This thread is about supporting our soldiers not about the war. These soldiers have family and friends who love them and I am one of them. If you don't support our soldiers then fine that's your decision. Who said anything about troops
Anyway, these are our children and I thank them for being strong and hope they all can come home soon.

Edit to say I don't agree with our politicians or president on alot of matters, but these soldiers are out there and I will support them.

[edit on 4/20/2008 by Solarskye]

[edit on 4/20/2008 by Solarskye]

join