It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public pool bars father and son from its 'Muslim-only' swimming session

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Rather than criticise the swimming pool management, why not criticise the people who were placing demands on them for a "muslim only" swimming session?

Like they said, if enough BNP'ers demanded a "white only" swimming session, they'd do one. I don't think the pool employees would need firing - they are only doing their jobs, as told by the management, who are responding to demand.

The point is - do we accept racist/religionist demands made on British public institutions?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
What are you people saying?
If I asked for a "whites only" or "baptists only" or "jews only" or whatever
swim session no one would Scream "Discrimination"?
I think the ACLU would be all over my A**

[edit on 21-4-2008 by Muundoggie]

sty

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I also know a very large Finacial bsuiness in the UK, where muslims have their own prayer room where the non-muslims and women are not allowed. (Maybe they are too "unholly" to step in?) . All the activity is taking place in the Arabic language, twice a day during the working hours.. Fair?

[edit on 21-4-2008 by sty]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I don't like Islam, but this Swimming Pool issue isn't the fault of the Muslims involved, it's the fault of British society in all it's politically correct, self-hating splendour. Things like this will continue to happen, more and more, until we wake up and reclaim our country.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

A leisure centre spokesman said staff were wrong to refuse entry to Mr Toube.

He added: "The member of staff the user spoke with at the time was mistaken when referring to the session as Muslim-only.

"The men's modesty session is not a private hire and is, therefore, open to the public.

"Staff cannot ask your religion on entrance and you won't be refused entry if you don't appear to be Muslim."

Would be nice if a few people READ the article before going off on their diatribes.

Its a non-event.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I haven't read all the thread.. but my first thought is; When will people understand that people are people and that respect Have to go both ways?

Why is it racism if I say something that's pointing out the fact that it's an immigrant I'm talking bad about... But not racism when an immigrant calls me a white infidelwh**e?

People have to live by the same rules.. treating people different will just end up growing more hatred and ignorance..

new topics

<< 1   >>

join