It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what was the greatest hoax ever?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
It's the one that only a very few know about but will not speak of.

Everyone is part of it, but you do not realize it.

Round earth?

I kid, I kid...

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
if i was too define hoax i would say a deliberate act to purposely fool people by fabricating evidence, lying. Maybe its for amusement, financial gain, power,attention. It would think it would have to be a specific act, not a concept like religion.

The reason i posted this is because all the recents hoaxs on ATS have peaked my curoisity about hoaxing and the motivations behind them.

I've looked online but have yet to find a list of "hisorical" hoaxes throughout history.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_

Really? I'd vote the belief that rocks (like gold or diamonds or coal) and sludge (like oil) have intrinsic value has caused more harm than "religion"

[edit on 21-4-2008 by _Del_]

[edit on 21-4-2008 by _Del_]

Whoa... no no if you look at it from another those things are doing harm now more than ever but they've also done some good things for the world. Religion on the other hand has been manipulating and murdering for far longer than gold diamonds or oil.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Religion hoax –

Christianity claims god exists, it is a 2000 year old claim. I claim I can see an invisible pink flying unicorn, it is my claim. Both are claims that can be proven or disproven, my claim is just as legitimate as Christianities claim. Both claims are untrue and are hoaxes.

I could taunt a 100 post thread based on my claims and possibly trick gullible people into believing me, just like John Titor I am deceiving people thus I am a hoaxer. Christianity preaches claims that deceive and trick gullible people into believing it thus Christianity is a hoax.

The greatest hoax ever!

[edit on 7-5-2008 by andre18]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join