It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is it Possible, i ask, that i have another cold symptom again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I have been sick with a cold since SEPTEMBER.

It is now almost MAY.

I notice i was getting much better, yet this morning i wake up and when i cough my head hurts again, like a heaviness...which is the onset of another whatever the heck it is. I know my body and it always starts with a cough and that cough makes my head hurt.

Has anyone else experienced this this winter? I dont know what to do anymore!!!!!

Honest, i'm NOT trying to get attention from you all, i just dont know what to do at this point.
I have taken mega doses of antibiotics and everything else, and i'm afraid at this point they probably think i have self-munchouser, self inflicted, if there is such a thing.

The hospital has run xrays and tests and its supposed to be bronchitis. I dont trust them.

I get new insurance soon and i'm going to go to the best doctors and figure out what the heck this is.

Could a cat be doing this to me? I inherited my sons cat when he moved to Florida...can this cat be making me so ill?

I've always been healthy and i eat 4 oranges a day. Really!

I wonder if its the cat....

Anyone?

[edit on 20-4-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Ugh!!!! You poor thing!

This is the first year I haven't had a cold all winter. Usually mine starts in September and leaves around Easter.

It could be the cat, especially if your eyes seem itchy. I have one son that gets watery, runny eyes as soon as he gets anywhere near a cat. He has asthma also, and that gets aggravated by cats as well. You might be allergic to the kitty!

Mention the cat when you go to the Doctor next time.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
As far as I remember (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong), there are roughly 100 separate germs that cause colds/coughs and flu like symptoms.

Changes in temperature can influence your chances of getting a cold germ but it's not the temperature alone that causes it. Tiredness, overwork, stress, and feeling generally run down helps towards catching stuff. Standing next to someone who has a cough/cold does not mean you are going to catch it as you may have already had the particular germ they are carrying.

Your immune system has to drop below a certain level or be unprotected towards any one particular cold germ for you to catch it, if you're in it's vicinity at the time.

Once your immune system is low while fighting a germ, you are open to catching others. This could be why your cold has continued.

The pain in your head when you cough could be due to sinus problems. This could be caused by the cat..

Constantly taking antibiotics will not help you. your body adjusts to the dosage and you litterally become immune to antibiotics.

Personally, I recommend some good old fashioned home remedies (bowl of hot water, cloth over your head, breathe in the vapour..mix in some vicks... Have a hot toddy before bed ((hot water, whiskey and honey))

The benefit of the oranges you eat may be wiped out by the antibiotics you're taking.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Thank you both for answering so early in the morning.

I suspect the cat is adding to my misery, but it belongs to my grandchildren (i'm a young grandma) and its sentimental.

I have to do something, although its a nice kitty...i've even gone out and gotten just about every antihistamine out there and it doesnt help.

Still, i will go to the doctors again and tell them about the cat. I feel the same way when i go out of the house, though. Could that cat dander be following me everywhere i go?

new topics

top topics

join