It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berkley Top Biofuel Expert "commits suicide" as his career was climbing rapidly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Berkley Top Biofuel Expert "commits suicide" as his career was climbing rapidly

www.ktvu.com

The circumstances surrounding Farrell's death made it appear to be a suicide, according to Nichols, who did not have many details. The San Francisco Medical Examiner said an exact cause would not be known for several weeks.

"He was one of the leading lights in the area of low-carbon fuels and energy systems, and his career was on a dramatic rise,"

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Farrell's research and advocacy had been pivotal in California's effort to get cleaner-burning cars on its roads by setting targets for zero emission vehicles and requiring automakers to produce a fleet of plug-in hybrid vehicles

Well, I am always suspicious when someone who's research would impact Big Oil ends up "killing themselves" as their career is taking off.

Maybe I am paranoid though.

www.ktvu.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Yeah he killed himself. Like Gary Webb with 2 bullets in the back of his head. Or another guy who cut his head, legs and arms off and set himself on fire. Suicide my .... Or an artist I know who killed himself with 75 self-inflicted stabs in his chest... SURE.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Perhaps he was about to announce that he had discovered that global warming was an inevitable cyclical event in a solar system sustained by a large gaseous body(sun)

...or maybe he was about to report that currently more "big oil" energy is used to create Bio-fuels via the corn / ethanol process, than the resultant bio fuel can produce. (aka - a negative effect)

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Commiting suicide while working on such a positive cause doesnt make sense at all.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well, if he was pushing biofuels maybe he was 'offed' by a hit squad from environmentalists and others concerns at the danger biofuels pose both in accelerating GW and aiding global food poverty?

Or maybe he just realised the long term damage his work was doing and couldn't live with the misery he was causing

(no disrespect intended, but this is a conspiracy website, and I am 100% opposed to biofuels which IMHO may be the biggest environmental and humanitarian disaster of the 21st century if current policies continue)

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Let's go back to Nov. 2007...
Anti-death penalty attorney in US commits suicide posted by goosdawg.

Now, I'm sure someone can find some to point to between then and now, but here's mine from yesterday...
Man found in Lady Bird Lake was teacher, FBI target

And here is one posted by ChadAndrewATS, also today...
Another OKC Bombing Hero "Commits Suicide"

Now, I also recall someone mentioning a steadily growing list of scientists/micro-biologists since 911...
Peak Oil, Pandemic, and 78 Dead Scientists

From October 4, 2001 till January 7, 2005 the average is about 1.2 deaths per month or approximately 1 every 25 days. These people were the crème de la crème in their scientific fields. The chances of these deaths being unrelated is 14 billion to 1.

Are the global elite covering their tracks before releasing mass plagues upon the Earth? They are, after all, committed to "solving" the problem of world wide population growth. These scientists maybe the few people who might recognize the man-made origins of the disease or know how to treat it.

According to a top level think tank, the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) run by luminaries such as Henry Kissinger and Zbigniew Brzezinski, population growth and resource consumption are priorities 1 and 2 of the "Seven Revolutions" they have identified for year 2025.

DEAD SCIENTISTS
Chronology of Dead Scientists
List of dead scientists
Dead Scientists And
Microbiologists

[edit on 4/20/2008 by RabbitChaser]

top topics

join